Ricky Williams - Not Guilty?

Discussion in 'National Football League' started by JHTJ, Feb 25, 2006.

1. JHTJ

JHTJ New Member

2. ScotsJet

ScotsJet Active Member

How can we possibly have thoughts unless we've seen the test results and are qualified to analyse them?

I think we'll just have to wait and see, but to be honest I doubt it'll affect my life much one way or t'other whatever happens. Still, you wouldn't like to think that Williams is a cheat, there's never really been any suggestion of that in the past to my recollection.

3. winstonbiggs

winstonbiggs 2008/2009 TGG Bill Parcells "Most Respected" Award

The fact that the either the league or the lab leaked results shows a total lack of credability by the league on this issue. They should publish the testostrene and blood levels for every NFL player than we would know who is clean and who is cheating.

Most of the supplements and I'm sure all of the prescribed pain relievers are much more dangerous and have a much bigger impact on the game than any of the recreational drugs that Ricky may have tested or false tested positive for.

The league should either make all tests for every player public or they should keep them private. Making examples of a few high profile players for political reasons is an absolute disgrace. If it turns out to be a false positive or even if the results were leaked to the media for political reasons the person who leaked it should be publicly fired imediately. If it turns out this came out of the Commissioners office, the Commissioner should be forced to resign.

Either have a fair policy that is public or keep it private. The politics of drug testing by professional sports is a national disgrace.

4. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

Doesn't matter, the damge has been done. he had very little trade value before and now he'll have even less. It's good news if you were planning on keeping him but it didn't sound like that was the case.