Richard Sherman inadvertinly said "the jets QBs sucks"

Discussion in 'National Football League' started by GasedAndConfused, Aug 3, 2017.

1. BigSnacks54

BigSnacks54 Well-Known Member

Complaining about Kap does not equate to fans watching games of their favorite teams or costing his I'm sure there will be fans that will complain, but guess what? They're still going to tune in every on sunday.

#101 BigSnacks54, Aug 4, 2017
    Last edited: Aug 4, 2017
    boozer32 likes this.
  2. King Koopa

King Koopa Well-Known Member

Ratings were down last year, big time during some weeks, and many of the polls had the Kaepernick (and others) kneeling for the anthem as a big reason why they weren't tuning in

I have no clue if that's the case but if the owners feel like it might be, it's just another reason why many or all of them wouldn't want Kaepernick on their team

You also have some owners saying that they've never seen more of a backlash than they have recently with regards to fans voicing their displeasure with teams even thinking about signing Kaepernick

I think it's dumb that some fans wouldn't tune in because of that when you have worse people playing already but we have to accept the facts and the reality of the situation

Kaepernick made a really dumb move and now he's paying for it...oh well

3. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

Right on. That in essence summarizes the real reason why he doesn't have a job. If he was really good, he would have been taken in a nano second, a long time ago. Even if he did a head stand during the national anthem. The main issue is that he is not good enough to be worth any trouble.
    Kolin will be an option only when a team is desperate due to injury.

FJF likes this.
  4. joe

joe Well-Known Member

Makes sense. Phins HC Adam Gase was Cutler's OC in Chicago and under whom Cutler posted his best QB rating and 2nd fewest INTs.

#104 joe, Aug 4, 2017
    Last edited: Aug 4, 2017
  5. BigSnacks54

@King Koopa
    I don't think he made a "dumb" move. He's clearly in a place in his life where he's content financially. If managed properly, he'll be able to live off of the money he's earned over the last few years for his entire life. He's placed his protesting as a higher priority than his job security. And I respect that immensely.

As for the polls, they are based on small sample sizes. They could be accurate in portraying the reason for the declining ratings or they could be incorrect. Who knows? No one has carried out a thorough investigation into the matter. If I'm not mistaken, NFL ratings also experienced a decline in the early 2000s, around the time of the ' 04 election. Attributing the decline of the NFL's ratings to one factor is just off base.

Plus, I have yet to see information that shows that local ratings for the Niners declined this season or that Kap hampered the Niners business this year in any form.

6. The Waterboy

The Waterboy Well-Known Member

Almost 1.5 million less fans viewing per NFL game would prove you wrong. First time In decades viewership went down.

7. King Koopa

Good thing you respect it.....the people that employ him obviously weren't too thrilled about it. He should be fine financially, agreed.

Bringing awareness to police brutality, especially against his people, is not a dumb move at all...it's the way he went about it. Kneeling for the anthem was obviously going to piss people off....wearing pig socks was going to piss people off....wearing a damn Castro shirt was going to piss some people off.

That's his right to protest the way he wanted, but it's also the fans' rights to not like it and reject him. It's the owners' rights to also not like it and choose not to ever sign him again. That's life

You can never definitley prove one way or another whether or not Kaep hurt business.....the owners seem to believe that he probably did which is all that matters with regards to him playing in the NFL....30 opinions mean everything

TwoHeadedMonster and egelband like this.
  8. BigSnacks54

Protesting of racial injustices in this country more often than not going to piss people off, regardless of whatever method you take. Look at our history. The only way he was ever going to avoid backlash is if he made a wishy washy comment, in the way that most celebrities tend to do. He's steadfast on his stance.

9. King Koopa

It's just not true man

If you can't see why the way Kaepernick went about it could piss people off way more than the actual message, then i dont know what to tell you

The delivery of his message got in the way of his actual message....People think of Kaepernick, and they think kneeling for the flag, not protesting racial injustice

egelband likes this.
  10. BigSnacks54

MLK was met with the same level of resistance, bitterness, and hate when he chose/undertook his path to protesting racial injustice. The same arguments used in the '60s to degrade his protests, are the same one's used today by many.

11. King Koopa

So now Kaepernick is like the modern day MLK?

Have you heard this guy talk about his protests? He's an absolute moron and basically just spits out played out talking points you can find all over the Internet

There are always going to be racist morons in this country that you won't ever win over ...Kaepernick really lost the plot with all of the white people that aren't racist but don't really care much about the blacks' problems either. They just wanna work their 9-5's and drink some beer and watch some football on the weekends

If he went about it in a constructive way that really explained the problems he sees it could have helped the problem...instead many people just look at him and shake their head. The message didn't get across correctly, bottom line

These people probably make up the biggest demographic of the NFL and that is why we're where we are now

egelband likes this.
  12. BigSnacks54

Yes, because that's exactly what I said! I don't agree with much of what Kap has said beyond his protest. I mentioned that earlier today.

Regardless of the message or the manner in which it was carried, the people carrying it out in whatever form they choose, will be meet with , hate and enmity to the highest order. The same exact arguments used today are the same one's used 50 years ago. The same heroes we prop today, are the same heroes that many people would have detested if they lived in those respective eras. It's a simple matter of truth. There was no method that Kap could have chosen, that would have been received in positive light, none. The message is clear- some people choose to not believe in it- some believe it is false- some couldn't give a damn because it doesn't affect them. The problem lies within the population, not the message or form of protest. I've people much smarter and eloquent than Kap get shot down viciously.

Protests are not intended to be comfortable at all. They are intended to be uncomfortable, as bringing racial slights is a topic that is rarely comfortable to anyone. People's sensibilities will be offended way or the other and if that's what has to be done to help bring to light issues, so be it. That should not be the center stage , and too often people are upset at the method of protest rather than the actual acts of injustices.

#112 BigSnacks54, Aug 4, 2017
    Last edited: Aug 5, 2017
  13. King Koopa

A protest should have a goal of bringing awareness to a specific issue/cause and ultimately promoting change to that issue

It absolutely matters the way in which you present a protest...in fact that's probably the most important thing with regards to a protest

To think otherwise is just putting blinders on and not being in touch with reality

There are plenty of people (the majority) that are caught in the middle, somewhere between apathy and ignorance when it comes to the subject in which Kaepernick decided to protest

The way he decided to go about it certainly DID NOT help the ultimate goal...I'm sorry but it just didn't

I don't know one single person that changed their minds about the whole police brutality/ racism issue because of Kaepernick....nothing constructive happened out of it, in fact, we saw much of the opposite

Snoop Dogg meeting with LAPD leaders helped a shit ton more, even if only for one city, and I don't know one person that had one bad thing to say about that

Most sensible people will atleast listen to your side of things if you look/sound presentable and state facts. Kneeling for the national anthem/flag and wearing pig socks is just seen as childish and disrespectful above all else

TwoHeadedMonster and egelband like this.
  14. egelband

egelband Well-Known Member

The protest was not only ham-fisted, but patronizing and arrogant too. No sale.

There are plenty of problems in America but I am not interested in this idiot's grandstanding at all. Makes complete sense no one wants to hire him.

TwoHeadedMonster likes this.
  15. egelband

egelband Well-Known Member

This is well-said and accurate!

16. boozer32

boozer32 Well-Known Member

You labeled yourself. I just called you out on it.

17. The Waterboy

The Waterboy Well-Known Member

Why don't you go ahead and tell me what it is you think I am, that should be interesting

18. matt robinson 17

matt robinson 17 Well-Known Member

We're fucked...but who gives a fuck what that Sherman thinks!

boozer32 likes this.
  19. boozer32

boozer32 Well-Known Member

You should honor everyone's right to peacefully protest. Just because someone choice does not jive with yours should not change it. I'm retired Navy now a deployable civilian with the Army and for years we honored all of it because people have died /fought for that right. Now I go to real dog crap countries that don't have that right or any rights, and that brings this into perspective. Hopefully you or no one you knows will lose that special gift this country bestows to each citizen KIng Koopa.

20. King Koopa

I agree....I can also state my opinion on whether a protest helps or hurts the cause.

Kaepernick's delivery was piss poor and did nothing to help his cause IMO