Richard Sherman inadvertinly said "the jets QBs sucks"

Discussion in 'National Football League' started by GasedAndConfused, Aug 3, 2017.

1. K'OB

K'OB 2021 TGG Fantasy Football Champ

Isn't that just pathetic ?

I would have thought it was unpatriotic to blow a fellow Americans face off as they reached for their wallet as you had requested but don't diss the tune and flag, it really confuses me how you can feel that way so strongly, kind of like the dudes who need to pray 5 times a day, it is like a form indoctrination.

His cause is police blowing away innocent people who happen to be black, no cop should even be thinking I'm gonna blow this kid away even if he is innocent, there were two that stick in my mind, a guy in a car while talking to his girlfriend/wife was murdered by a cop and there was another in a park with somebody filming it and the cop shot him in the back and then said he had been struggling.

Just wow at that.

BigSnacks54 likes this.
  2. BigSnacks54

BigSnacks54 Well-Known Member

On September 6 or whenever the season kicks off, no detractor of Kap will a give a damn that he's on their favorite team's roster. How much money did the Eagles lose after signing Vick? How long did that media storm last? It lasted for maybe a week, and then Eagles fans went to not caring. Call a spade a spade. It's clear why the guy's not in the league at this point.

#62 BigSnacks54, Aug 4, 2017
    Last edited: Aug 4, 2017
    BrowningNagle likes this.
  3. King Koopa

King Koopa Well-Known Member

Most people wouldn't care...same with Ray Rice or Tebow but they didn't get any more shots because like Kaepernick, their upside in helping a football team win games just wasn't worth it compared to the negativity and/or distraction they would cause

For Vick and others in trouble it was worth it to whoever decided to sign them

This is all Kaepernick's own fault by the way and he opted out of his contract

There are better ways in going about it than wearing pig socks and a Castro shirt...at that point you're just trolling. And it looks like it costed him a shitload of money...hope it was worth it Kaep

4. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

well said

5. BigSnacks54

I'm not addressing you personally, but speaking in general: From my point of view, most people are using the flag as a crux or tool to diminish the cause that he was attempting to stand for. Protests are not convenient. They are controversial- they will be so even more when an individual is protesting racial injustices in this country. This idea, that there's a right time, a right way a right place, to carry out a protest in my mind is inaccurate. Regardless of the path you take, you are very likely going to offend a large sector of the country in one way or another.

Another issue I have is half of the folks shouting and yelling that Kap has disrespected the military, couldn't care less about our veterans. They don't care about the mental demons they battle upon coming home. They don't care that our veterans come home to no job, or the fact that some of them return homeless. They don't think about these veterans.

I disagree with Kap's comments regarding Castro's, the socks he wore, and many of his comments pertaining to the 2016 Presidential election. It turns out that he's not perfect, just like many of our civil right activists that have burst upon the scene in the past. But the excuse making, the justification I see from some fans people to degrade his cause, is just off base to me.

#65 BigSnacks54, Aug 4, 2017
    TwoHeadedMonster likes this.
  6. BigSnacks54

Tebow was signed traded for by the Jets. He was signed by the Eagles and then signed by the Patriots. Tebow the ultimate distraction, who happens to be an awful QB, was given 4 opportunities to prove that he was worthy of a roster spot. That comparison does not follow.

7. King Koopa

Seems like Kaepernick has taken over the role of ultimate distraction

Also it can be argued that Tebow helped franchises gain fans whereas Kaepernick can only push away current fans

Here's the deal...Kaepernick hurt the league last year in terms of ratings or atleast it's perceived that way and he hit a spot where many fans have voiced their displeasure over his actions

He's a borderline fringe QB who isn't helping a team win games at this point so why should any team bother with him?

Cam Newton would still be starting for most teams, Kaepernick can't even get a job...the reason is talent

Sorry if you don't like it

FJF likes this.
  8. BigSnacks54

No one is GOING to talk about Kap when the season kicks off! No one will care , ESPN won't even cover it. If fans and the media can get over Vick, they can and will get over Kap- in a hurry. The reason he IS a distraction is because of his blackballing. If he were signed in April, his protests would have been a distant memory for fans and the media at this point.

You said Tebow was not given anymore shots. Yes, he was, given many in fact . And Tebow was a FAR worse QB than Kap. Don't try to change the topic. Tebow is not going to dramatically increase the local TV ratings for a team. How many fans are going tune into watch the third string QB or back QB?

#68 BigSnacks54, Aug 4, 2017
  9. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

Kaep is not being signed because he is not good enough to be a controversial figure. Fucking donte stallworth killed a man driving drunk when people were going to work and still found a team,why? Because the talent was worth the backlash. Whether you think the backlash is justified is not relevant to the why he isn't signed. Now if stallworth can commit vehicular manslaughter and still play do you really think it's just kaep's social stance that is holding him back? At the most important position? In a league where owners will do anything to win?
    Controversy > talent=unemployment
    Talent > controversy = contract
    Simple math

RuJFan and King Koopa like this.
  10. King Koopa

You might be right but seems like owners don't care enough to sign him or they just disagree with you

Maybe some owners don't like his actions and don't wanna sign him, tough shit

He's irrelevant at this point on the field...

If he was a better player he'd be on a roster and likely a starting QB...agree or disagree?

11. RuJFan

RuJFan Well-Known Member

Not at $$$ he wants, headache he brings and controversy that follows -- no he is not good enough.

That's the point that's so hard to understand it seems: KPs headache exceeds his talent.
    If this was Rogers who said the same and did the same , he would be signed. KP is a shittty QB.

12. BigSnacks54

When Ryan freaking Fitzpatrick gets signed and reports come out that coaches/ FO's have been pushing to sign Kap , but have been overruled by their owners, yes I do believe that the main reason he's not signed is because of his social stance. When Michael Vick after not playing for 2 years gets signed to be a third string QB, yes I will continue to believe the reason is because of Kap's stance and his obstinate approach in supporting what he has done.

Yes, if Kap was Cam he'd be signed. That goes without saying. But too many have been pushing the idea that he's not signed because he simply isn't good enough. Media members with direct lines to front office have continued to try push the agenda that it's just a football cause. That's what I object too.

#72 BigSnacks54, Aug 4, 2017
  13. BrowningNagle

That is a great example because donte stallworth wasn't any better than kaeperdick.

Of course Kaep's social stance is keeping him from a job. How can you say it isn't? fuckin josh mcclown is our QB and he sucks balls.

14. FJF

But he sucks balls without the controversy and noise.
    Just like my formula says. And stallworth was a better receiver than kaep is qb
    @BigSnacks54 do you believe newton would be looking for work now if he was the face of the protest?

The Waterboy likes this.
  15. BrowningNagle

stallworth was not a better WR than Kaep was a QB. they were both mediocre players and only one of them killed someone, the other freezed out.

The difference is that owners have become such snowflake pussies since then.

I can still think kaepernick is an asshole and recognize this fact.

BigSnacks54 likes this.
  16. FJF

I disagree about stallworth but i digress,
    Just to be clear now, you are mad at the owners for not signing a player that in your opinion is an asshole and mediocre?

17. BrowningNagle

huh? I'm not mad at the owners. But the point is that there are 100s of players easily employed in the league that are mediocre and assholes. I'm just not going to beat around the bush for the owners. They are treating Kaepernick differently. Just pointing it out.

18. FJF

Of course he is, qbs get treated differently. For better or for worse. There were 4 players in Miami that kneeled every game I believe. That doesn't make the press though like the starting qb for a storied franchise does. And those players were lbs,dbs, and such that teams carry so many of them that you are going to end up taking some mediocre assholes. With qbs though, you can find the mediocre with out the asshole included. Even if you sacrifice some talent for attitude.
    It still comes back to the same thing though, does the talent out weigh the baggage?

TwoHeadedMonster likes this.
  19. The Waterboy

The Waterboy Well-Known Member

No one is claiming that there are no incidents of police unlawfully shooting people but I guess there is a time for protest and many people obviously feel Kaepernick chose the wrong time.

He has every right to protest but if those that employ him think he is losing them money then they have every right to make him unemployed.

20. The Waterboy

The Waterboy Well-Known Member

Tebow didn't cause his teams to lose money though no matter how bad he was. There is the comparison you need to look at.