Rich Cimini's Targets for Jets...

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by WIJetsFan, Feb 27, 2006.

1. WIJetsFan

WIJetsFan New Member

As taken from the Sporting News' Website...."Considering there aren't obvious replacements on the roster for the cap casualties, the team will try to fill the holes with moderately priced free agents. Mangini could tap into the Patriots' pipeline to help the offensive line through a transition stage by looking at OT Tom Ashworth and G Stephen Neal. The club could reunite FB Lorenzo Neal and new coordinator Brian Schottenheimer, who were together with the Chargers. The Jets could use a true thumper like Neal. If they lose TE Chris Baker, Christian Fauria, another Patriots player, could be a cheap replacement. If a 3-4 defense is installed, the Ravens' Maake Kemoeatu could be the ideal plugger at nose tackle."

Reaction???

2. AlbanyJet

AlbanyJet New Member

Talk about an overhaul! This team is not going to look remotely like what we had last year. Then again, most of last years team didn't look that great to begin with. I say start Bollenger, work the new guys in, and see what happens. It really couldn't be much worse.

3. WIJetsFan

WIJetsFan New Member

I would hope that the Jets could do better than going into a season with Brooks Bollinger as a starting QB

4. 28rogerblaze51

28rogerblaze51 New Member

I like those moves, cant go wrong with 2 of the patriots offensive line.

Lorenzo neal is a hell of a blocker i like him.

Christian fauria will be a good replacement to chris baker, all the players mentioned are excellent replacements, and will most likely over achieve. Definitly like what mangini is doing so far. Hopefully he does the right thing in the draft, but something tells me he will do great.

5. kevin68

kevin68 New Member

Lorenzo Neal is a great player. And he would add some leadership to the team. But I don't think they should try too hard to be the a Patriots style team, so I think they should draft some linemen, instead of signing former Patriots linemen

6. HCoftheNYJ

HCoftheNYJ New Member

All are logical replacements.

7. championjets69

championjets69 2008/2009 TGG Darksider Award Winner

Cimini is on drugs is not Neal collecting social security yet?

8. plinko

plinko Absolute Ruler

I think this is the first time I've agreed with you. Isn't Neal coaching somewhere?

9. GreenHornet

GreenHornet New Member

I really do not see us being active in the FA market this year. Next year will be a different story.

10. JetsFan

JetsFan Well-Known Member

I say draft a QB and throw him in the fire. Best way to learn is under center and we are going to suck this year anyways.

11. KY_Jetsfan

KY_Jetsfan New Member

Great plan!! Why not ruin a rookie QB's confidence and get him killed in the process?

12. KOZ

KOZ Totally Addicted

Oh come on it's worked for David Carr!

13. JetsFan

JetsFan Well-Known Member

Peyton won only 3 games his rookie year, and Aikmen won 0. How about Montana and Young, they sucked their 1st year, but look how it turned out.

You learn far less watching on the sideline. A QB learns faster when he can relate getting hit to a mistake. Also the game speed can only be truely adjusted to by being on the field.

14. KY_Jetsfan

KY_Jetsfan New Member

I agree with you about game speed, etc... but those QB's you mnetioned are Hall of Famers.

Check out the 49'ers this year. They really did try and play Alex Smith, but he was HORRIBLE. Worse than horrible actually. The NFL defenses are just way too advanced for a rookie QB to have any success.

There is a reason why Marvin Lewis sat Carson Palmer down for every single play his rookie year.

15. jonnyd

jonnyd 2007 TGG.com Funniest Poster Award Winner

either that or he was the lead blocker for ladainian tomlinson the last 3 years and allowed him to be unbelievable

16. New_Look_Jets

New_Look_Jets New Member

Neal is a great blocker and one hell of a player....

17. Mehl-56

Mehl-56 Well-Known Member

captain obvious always finds something to write after it's made painfully obvious for all to see...

Ellis

18. SouthBayJetsfan4life

SouthBayJetsfan4life Well-Known Member

I was just thinking that...!!!!

I agree with the notion that the Jets will probably not be big players in the FA market. However I think where they should be very proactive is at the draft.

I could see them trading Abe to the Raiders for their number six pick. With that I could see pick either Mario Williams or D'Angelo Hall.

I'd love to see them get both Williams and Ferguson. I think they would be great building blocks for the future.

19. FrankTheTank

FrankTheTank New Member

The Raiders would never make that trade, and Mario Williams is a DE not an OL.

20. nyjetsjetsjets

nyjetsjetsjets New Member

If we draft anyone, based on the first post, it will be Bush.