Rex Ryan knows Bowles is gone.

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by AlexJETS, Nov 12, 2018.

1. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

Maybe several of us can do it cooperatively. If there are 8 of us, that would only be 4 teams each. I'll start off. I'll take half of them.

Jets - No
    Panthers - Yes, Director of Football Operations - Bryan Porter
    Packers - Yes, Executive Vice President/Director of Football Operations - Russ Ball
    Jaguars - Yes, Executive Vice President of Football Operations - Tom Coughlin
    Falcons - Yes, Director, Football Operations - Nick Polk
    Bucs - Yes, Director of Football Operations - Shelton Quarles
    Saints - Yes, Executive Vice President/General Manager - Mickey Loomis
    Redskins - Yes, Senior Vice President of Football Operations/General Counsel - Eric Schaffer
    Patriots - hard to say, not on their web site, but according to Wikipedia, they have a
    Director of Football/Head Coach Administration - Berj Najarian
    Dolphins - Yes, Executive Vice President, Football Operations - Mike Tannenbaum*
    Bills - Yes, Sr. VP of Football Administration - Jim Overdorf
    Eagles - Yes, Executive Vice President of Football Operations - Howie Roseman
    Giants - Yes, Vice President of Football Operations/Assistant GM - Kevin Abrams
    Lions - Yes, Vice President of Football Administration - Jim Harriss
    Vikings - Yes, Executive Vice President - Football Operations - Rob Brzezinski
    Bears - Maybe, Director of Football Administration - Joey Laine & Football Administration Coordinator - Nick Sabella

This took about 10-15 minutes

It's funny the Jets' web site for their FO lists every single person in IT, parking, etc. No other team's website does that.

* As an interesting side note, I discovered that Marc Anthony, Fergie, Serena and Venus Williams are all partners in the Dolphins

#41 NCJetsfan, Nov 15, 2018
    Last edited: Nov 15, 2018
  2. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

Why not pick a division or two, I'm in. I'll do NFC East.

(Unless you already did your homework on the above.)

3. Red Menace

Red Menace Well-Known Member

Steelers -President of operations is Rooney Jr./ Kevin Colber is GM and Vice President of football operations.

Patriots -President is Jonathan Kraft.

Bengals- Paul Brown Vice President of player personnel.

Dolphins- Mike Tannenbaum executive vice of football operations.

#43 Red Menace, Nov 15, 2018
  4. westiedog1

westiedog1 Well-Known Member

Maybe they should consider taking that sign down. Or, put one up that reads: Play like a (insert name of any other team but Jets)!

5. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

Okay, but do the GM and coach report directly to them? Does the coach report through the GM. Does Belichick actually report to anyone? Does Jonathon Kraft have anything to do with football operations or does he just buy the mustard for the hot dogs?

6. Red Menace

Red Menace Well-Known Member

It’s a very straight forward organizational chart with these teams I mentioned.

Up the chain of command and down the chain of command.

Steelers are unique because of role of Art Rooney jr. He’s owner, boss and helps with the draft as well. Kevin Colber is Vice President and GM of football operations for Steelers but it’s like Jerry Jones and Dallas, he gets very involved.

With Patriots I think it’s very well known that Robert makes the ultimate decisions with that team.

Organizational structure is a formality at times. One man can’t handle it all, however the ultimate decision making is not up to many it’s up to one.

For example does Rooney let his GM make all
    decisions or does he have a blueprint that Rooney’s have given him for building the team how they want? None of us know.

#46 Red Menace, Nov 15, 2018
  7. GasedAndConfused

GasedAndConfused Well-Known Member

I doubt it ever happens, but honestly i'd take rex back in a heartbeat as a DC. he's a proven good DC in the NFL and was excellent for us and knows how to gameplan and call plays. he just wasn't cut out as a HC. we can hire an offensive HC and focus on that. we hire rex as a DC and with all the talent and picks we have and throw in a pass rusher in the offseason and Defense won't be anything to worry about for a while and we can focus on offense

Doreblade and BacktoQueens like this.
  8. NCJetsfan

You guys are fast! I got motivated and did half the teams. We mostly need the teams from the West and Southwest. I pretty much got the east coast, SE, some of the midwest

9. NCJetsfan

I didn't count Player Personnel people. Most, if not all, teams have that. I looked specifically for Football Operations and to a lesser extent Football Administration, although I think the latter is probably lower level stuff and not what we're looking for.