Revis injured in attack in Pittsburgh

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Jets_Grinch, Feb 16, 2017.

1. Joey Jett

Joey Jett Member

Difference is the old lady is old and probably not as mentally sharp. Also, Revis produced plenty in 2015. Last year, not so much. It's the cost of doing business. Cut him and move on, no big loss.

2. Footballgod214

Footballgod214 Well-Known Member

The best thing Roger could do is to suspend Revis without pay for 2 years.

3. Sam Hammer

Sam Hammer Well-Known Member

Yeah, it's very weird. It makes you wonder if Revis was a little drunk and said he's gonna blow up their house or something. Either way people say BS like that in conflicts all the time. Conspiracy would mean it would have to be premeditated, but since they were the ones following Revis and harassing him, I don't see how it's possible. It's not like Revis was following them to give them an ass whooping and planned the whole thing out.

4. Joey Jett

Joey Jett Member

LOL! Jesus Christ dude, what kind of utopia do you live in? I feel sorry for you if you ever have to deal with the real world and the crazy shit that sometimes happens.

rohirrim665 and TwoHeadedMonster like this.
  5. TonyFtLaud

TonyFtLaud Well-Known Member

There is no offset in Revis's contract even for a felony charge. If they cut him now, they are on the hook for his $6 mill. As of March 9th his salary is fully guaranteed so it becomes $15 mill 333 thousand. If he is suspended , the contract becomes void and he is owed no money.

grkmanga31 likes this.
  6. TonyFtLaud

Terroristic threats have nothing to do with terrorism. It simply means that you threatened to hit someone in an attempt to terrify them. It's a misdormeanor and in PA carries a max sentence of 5 years. The conspiracy is as simple as Revis saying let's kick their ass to his friend or his friend saying it to Revis and Revis saying yeah. It means even if Revis doesn't throw a punch he is guilty of any punch his friend throws.

HomeoftheJets likes this.
  7. jetophile

jetophile Bruce Coslet's Daughter

Well, here's a thought. How do you film someone as you're getting pummeled and getting a knuckle sandwich? The whole thing is weird.

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  8. TonyFtLaud

As a celebrity you give up your anonymity for millions of dollars. As a celebrity, the Expectation is people will film you and photograph you. You realize that if one of those men or a bystander had been armed, the would have be justified, leagally , if they had shot and Killed Revis and or his friend.
    They inflicted grave bodily harm on 2 unarmed individuals.
    Walking away is not the macho thing to do but most of the time it's the smart thing to do.

9. TonyFtLaud

Normally Id agree. With the CBA , pleading down would be the same as being found guilty of the original charges. It would effectively end his career and cost him millions. More than likely Revis will pay off the injured men, claim he thought the phone was a gun, his attorney has already made that claim and hope he is not aquitted.

10. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

So its OK to rip the old lady off???(...those demented enfeebled folks just get what they deserve !??)

You miss the point entirely ...."the cost of doing business?" ... I guess you consider a 70 million contract just another day at the office ...What he produced in 2015 was OK but he was grossly overpaid by Mac ...like a lot of players the Jets signed

Well at least you see he MUST be cut....wouldn't give him another dime

11. Jets69

Jets69 Well-Known Member

12. JetBlue

JetBlue Well-Known Member

I live in the real world of reason.

You live in a world of ignorance and criminality where assholes are in jail blaming everyone else for their problems. They keeps it real, doe!

NYJetsO12 and Ralebird like this.
  13. xxedge72x

xxedge72x 2018 Gang Green QB Guru Award Winner

Jets69 likes this.
  14. Lee Savit

Lee Savit Member

Wow! Still don't believe it. If Revis was really a thug then this is Holy Christmas for the Jets. Get his contract off the books. WoW! Good news for the rebuild. Still having a tough time digesting. No way Revis did what they say? Right?

15. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

Revis turning himself in. Ironically everyone's filming him now.

16. alleycat9

alleycat9 Well-Known Member

so 31 year old men aren't allowed to be in a club or outside at 3am?

maybe that's how it works where you live but get over yourself and your holier than thou bs. you sound like a complete square and a jerk or you are a hypocrite.

17. twown

twown Well-Known Member

Old lady: 9 catches, 171 yds, 2 TD.

18. TwoHeadedMonster

TwoHeadedMonster Well-Known Member

Would have had more than that if Revis was defending her....

19. rohirrim665

rohirrim665 Well-Known Member

People are way too infatuated with being governed by criminal law. We are animals just like Bears. In fact Bears have more common fucking sense than humans do because we rely on these convoluted, corrupt, and unnatural systems of law to "govern" us and make us feel nice and cozy and safe. What ends up happening is very unnatural and it allows cowards to get away with their bullshit. There is a common, unspoken law amongst all of us that is pretty easy to follow.

Joey Jett likes this.
  20. rohirrim665

rohirrim665 Well-Known Member

I know your addressing someone else, but I am not saying that Revis is a good guy. I have not been a fan of his for a long time and Im not surprised he got himself into such a stupid situation. However your love of "reason and logic" and "criminal law system" strikes me as very strange and honestly weak. I am not trying to be confrontational but all these systems of justice that you are so heavily relying on are made to keep people weak. Keep relying on big brother to serve out justice so you can feel safe, it is the easy way out and a totally unnatural way to exist. Next time Im at a bar Im going to walk about to some muscle head and pick a fight, he'll kick my ass, and then I'll cry for justice and play the victim. That is weak!

Joey Jett likes this.