Revis injured in attack in Pittsburgh

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Jets_Grinch, Feb 16, 2017.

1. Peebag

Peebag Well-Known Member

No...you just can't beat on people if they piss you off. It's not how it works. If it was legal then I would've been dead years ago.

NYJetsO12, Martin&theJETS and RPOZ51 like this.
  2. TwoHeadedMonster

TwoHeadedMonster Well-Known Member

I don't think it's as simple as "they pissed him off" or "they were videoing him". They were harassing him, at the very least, and if he received medical treatment, there is some indication they were doing worse than that.

The only people who should be allowed to harass Revis without fear of retaliation are Jets fans and opposing WRs who have burned him on the field (there may be more of those than Jets fans these days).

rohirrim665 likes this.
  3. Martin&theJETS

Martin&theJETS Well-Known Member

You have to feel threatened. Revis put himself in the situation per se. Leaving a bar at 3am alone.

If a reasonable person wouldn't feel threatened then neither can Revis. You are out drinking at a club. You are leaving and other drunks film you and ask you why you suck at your job? Do you have the right to fight them? Absolutely not.

If you chose to you face the consequences.

4. Martin&theJETS

Why is Revis in that position in the first place? Only dumbasses in the NFL do this shit.

Refute that, but it is true. A smart player wouldn't be in this position.

NYJetsO12, TwoHeadedMonster and FJF like this.
  5. TwoHeadedMonster

I totally agree with you. I expect most everyone agrees with you on that.

6. rohirrim665

rohirrim665 Well-Known Member

He probably chose to draw some of the attention to himself. If he was smart he would've just said "no im not revis" but Im sure he secretly craved the attention. However, if someone is badgering and following somebody and being confrontational, if they get their asses kicked that is their problem. We have to stop making excuses and defending asshole behavior. If you want to act like an asshole, there is a good chance you might get your ass kicked. Thats fair to me.

TwoHeadedMonster and IDFjet like this.
  7. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

No. It has absolutely nothing to do with his on field activity, his salary or how often he calls his mother; it is about the law. There is nothing within our system that allows anyone to cause bodily harm to another because they were annoyed or disrespected. We don't live in a world of middle school attitudes - at least adults are not expected to and must answer for their illegal actions. That includes internet tough guys who believe they can beat on someone using a camera.

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  8. rohirrim665

rohirrim665 Well-Known Member

Yea I really dont think it was a simple case of people "annoying him." They were being confrontational and probably thought "he's a celebrity so he can't do anything about it." We don't need "laws" and a "legal system" to figure this out. There is common sense and common decency and people who violate that are subject to getting their ass kicked. I am a non violent person, I have never been in a fight, part of that is because ive never antagonized or asked for one. Stop trying to govern everything.

With that being said, it does take two to tango. Revis seems pretty immature and probably shouldn't have been in the situation in the first place. The guy wants fame and glamour but none of the shittyness that comes with it. Not a humble guy in my opinion.

9. Sam Hammer

Sam Hammer Well-Known Member

Agreed completely. I'm tired of all the pussy ass nanny laws and PC bullshit that goes on today. It's absurd. Our justice system is a joke. The bear analogy is spot on.

rohirrim665 and TwoHeadedMonster like this.
  10. IDFjet

IDFjet Well-Known Member

This is music to my ears--If only we lived in such a society. I guess we did some years ago.

rohirrim665 and TwoHeadedMonster like this.
  11. JetBlue

JetBlue Well-Known Member

How can the analogy of the bear be spot on when bears behaviors aren't government by criminal law?

Logic -- similarities don't make logical comparisons, the absence of differences do. Or do you continuously try to take bites out of fire trucks and ask why the apple is so hard?

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  12. Sam Hammer

Revis wasn't alone, there was another person that joined him or was with him. And come on. That's like saying a rape victim put herself in the position by wearing sexy clothing. It doesn't justify being harassed. Right now we don't know the full story. If those guys were harassing Revis and laid a hand on him first, it's likely to be thrown out of court. I guess we have to see the video. Right now it's just he said she said.

13. Sam Hammer

I'm saying that if you are harassing a football player at 3 am on the street, you shouldn't be surprised if he does something about it. It's like poking the hornets nest. I don't care what law says, I'm not talking about legal ramifications, I'm talking about using common sense in life. If you run into a busy street during rush hour, don't be surprised when you get hit. No analogies are perfect, and they don't prove anything anyways lol.

rohirrim665 and Joey Jett like this.
  14. Martin&theJETS

I would say it is hard to get charged with 4 felonies if you acted in self-defense. Idk how you could get from any of the current facts that Revis was touched/hit first.

The girl did nothing wrong in the situation. But she shouldn't put herself in a position to walk by herself, downtown at 3am. She would not be blamed for being raped at all. While she has every right to walk home it just isn't smart.

#154 Martin&theJETS, Feb 17, 2017
    Last edited: Feb 17, 2017
  15. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

It's fair to say the guys had it coming. It's also fair to say Revis now has it coming.

16. Sam Hammer

People are incorrectly charged quite often. Being charged doesn't mean automatically guilty.

When was the last time somebody was charged with conspiracy and terrorist threats after a street altercation? They just saw Revis is high profile and were probably a bunch of Steelers fans so they over charged him. Typical PA bullshit.

17. TwoHeadedMonster

JetBlue, none of the things you are saying are wrong. As you correctly pointed out, if I were in Revis' situation, my choices might well lead to me being jailed. I suspect that your proposed choice of running away and calling an Uber to save you might well lead to you being killed or hospitalized in the same situation.

Life is about choices. You are free to choose to be legally free and clear and risk being stuck in a hospital bed or coffin. I am free to choose to risk an assault charge in an attempt to mitigate the risk of being stuck in a hospital bed or coffin.

Many generations from now, some geneticist can find the archive of this thread and figure out which of us did a better job surviving and producing successful offspring.

America. Freedom. Darwin. Justice. The shit the fucking Jets get us into.

Mogriffjr, Joey Jett and Sam Hammer like this.
  18. Joey Jett

Joey Jett Member

You would know all about diatribes of ignorance, since your whole reply was just that.

Tell you what: I'm gonna walk up to you at night and say "Are you JetBlue?" Then follow you around as you keep walking and start filing you. Then I'm gonna produce an item, maybe a phone, maybe a weapon, who knows? Let's see how you react then.

Everyone, including Revis, has a right NOT to be harrassed. If someone is following me and filming me and I tell them knock it off, and they continue, then yeah I can argue in a court of law that I was feeling threatened. Because why else would they follow me like that? What is the purpose? In that case, the EXPECTATION is that this person wants to rob or harm me, which is not an unreasonable line of thinking, and therefore I am allowed to protect myself. I don't need "evidence", Matlock.

Revis didn't seek out these guys and sucker punched them, they brought it on themselves. As a man, and as someone who is street smart, I'm not gonna roll up on some dude late at night and follow him around and film him, even if he's a celebrity.

So tell me your address so I can drop by and shadow your every move.

19. Martin&theJETS

The terrorism thing is weird.

20. Martin&theJETS

I wonder how celebrities handle the paparazzi