RC Fischer: Geno is a fraud

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by 74, Oct 30, 2013.

1. JetsVilma28

JetsVilma28 Well-Known Member

2. Kentucky Jet

Kentucky Jet Active Member

Its amazing how so many people have an agenda against GENO. Some are trying to plant the seed of doubt in a rookie QB without much of training camp in his background. This guy RC FISCHER has thrown a lot of crap against the wall in hopes something will stick. Geno has limited experience and no weapons on offense. I just wonder if ol 'RC has any experience as an NFL personnel guy. In my opinion I think he is a fraud and I am surprised any JETS fan would post this garbage.

#42 Kentucky Jet, Oct 30, 2013
    Last edited: Oct 30, 2013
  3. Kentucky Jet

I am emailing you right now to tell you that you are a sicko Mr.RC Fischer! Have you even watched Geno play before opening your mouth? Geno is very accurate with his deep passes. He in fact does throw long!

Petrified in the pocket is BS and proves you have an agenda. The guy stands in the pocket and takes huge hits and gets right up and throws the ball again! Maybe you were looking at yourself in a mirror when Geno plays well. You certainly do not really know a thing about this guy. Geno is a work in progress and will do quite well in the pocket in due time. I would not be surprised if he sees the game slow down after the bye.

But the experts like you had the Jets winning 2 games PRIOR to the season. The guy with limited work in camp has won 4 games. Does he have warts? Absolutely but so did LUCK last year! Then after the bye the light went on for LUCK and he got his team to the playoffs. You are so wrong about him wanting the ball out of his hands! In fact you are full of it. The guy holds the ball too long. In every game that has been evident! Why spread lies like this? He has fired bullets to the sidelines to Kerley. I know you were napping and forgot to watch the Jets in any game this year.

And your nonsense also describes TERRY BRADSHAW in his first few years in the NFL. TROY AIKMAN fits there too. How did that turn out? Did Aaron Rodgers do well in his first season as a rookie? I know that you have no clue. Rodgers could not read defenses well at all and NEVER saw the field.

You are wrong by saying that the announcers fawn over Geno. If you looked at any games you might hear them being critical when he does things wrong but marveling at his arm and accuracy.

After reading your nonsense and nonsensical statements I have only TWO questions to ask you:

1- Are you MARK SANCHEZ Mr. RC Fischer

2-Are you willing to put your money where your mouth is RC Fischer?

#43 Kentucky Jet, Oct 30, 2013
    Last edited: Oct 30, 2013
  4. truthbtold

truthbtold Well-Known Member

Geno may not pan out as the long term solution ... the interception rate is alarming at this point ... but that is quite possibly the dumbest theory I've ever read. And if this guy was really paying attention, it should be obvious to him that Geno doesn't play scared at all.

5. James Hasty

James Hasty Well-Known Member

Who the hell is Geno Smith?

6. Barcs

Barcs Banned

[​IMG]

7. Kentucky Jet

BARCS: That picture was funny and I think that you are right!

8. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

Wait, could we have finally found someone in the media even more clueless that Skip Bayless? Yep we might have a winner there.

His theory is as idiotic as they come, thankfully is not based on anything factual.

9. displacedfan

displacedfan Well-Known Member

How is he a fraud if nobody really ranks him as a top QB league after 8 games as a rookie?

If anything this article should be "Why I don't trust Geno going forward" or "What Geno and other rookies need to learn to take the next step".

I also disagree with the always locked into a player statement, there are times when Geno makes progressions and there are many times where Geno took sacks because he hung onto the ball too long. I haven't seen a QB panicked trying to get the ball out as quickly as possible.

Now if you wanted to make a ridiculous argument saying Geno is a fraud even though 99% of people agree the book is still out on a 8 game veteran, it would be more beneficial to focus on the INT %, the inconsistent play, the decision making in the RZ in some games.

10. Section 227. Row 5

Section 227. Row 5 Active Member

You're being much too kind. If football knowledge were electricity, he'd be a 15W bulb.

11. Jets69

Jets69 Well-Known Member

The truth will be told what an what Geno isn't, I hope he works out, but at this point, he looks nothing more that a journeyman backup, I certainly don't want to invest 3 years, to confirm this, so, he needs to start showing who he can be every week

12. jdon

jdon Well-Known Member

I remember 3 or 4 INTs this year where I knew that Geno knew he was going to get picked-----and he still threw it. Because rookies do that. They also stop doing that at some point. That is what I am waiting for. Sanchez never reached that point.

13. NY Jets68

NY Jets68 Well-Known Member

"Quoth the raven: Nevermore!"

14. 74

74 Well-Known Member

haha so much pent up anger in here, this got pretty hilarious.

just send him the link to this thread.

15. MowTin

MowTin Active Member

That makes so much sense.

What's the point of arguing about whether Geno is a good or bad QB? We don't have any choice but to let him play out the year. At the end of the year we can look over all his games and argue whether or not we should continue with him.

16. Longsuffering88

Longsuffering88 Well-Known Member

I have no idea how it will pan out, but Geno has no problem in the pocket. If anything, I find myself yelling to the TV to "throw it!"

I do think he seems to wait until a receiver is actually open, which is fine for a rookie, but not how a top QB does it. By the time a guy is open, either he is close to a sack, or the DB is recovering quickly- resulting in a higher chance for a pick 6. When the DB is on a guy, and not head on a swivel mode, that's when big plays happen.

For now he just needs time and reps. As long as his intelligence is high, and he genuinely improves over time, I am fine.

17. 74

74 Well-Known Member

18. Wahoo

Wahoo Well-Known Member

He is absolutely right about Smith locking in on his primary reciever. If I can see it from my couch, I'm sure NFL defensive coaches see it. Locking in that way is the sign of a bad QB (see Kellen Clemens) unless he learns to shake the habit. And he'd better learn quickly.

19. BakerMaker

BakerMaker Well-Known Member

Any time someone has the cockiness to say:

This strategy of Geno’s will work on and off, but as we get enough data results, we will all look back and judge him a fraud. Right now, he’s a rookie, so analysts will fill the air with “he’s a kid” and “he just needs to gain more experience.” He is a fraud, and it will take two years before anyone admits it. So anytime Geno has a plausible game, spare me your emails—just copy and paste this response, and send it to yourself, and we’re cool:

…You are wrong. What you see in Geno this week is a hoax, perpetrated by fawning announcers pushing a hype bubble because that’s what they are paid to do. Do not believe this hype. Please email me back in 9-12 months and admit I was right all along.

Means that even if Geno goes on a sick tear to end the year say, this clown has already had his mind made up and thus his opinion is not worth evaluating. You take the punches with the blows sorry. That's the way it goes.

I think some people need to check their pride and ego out the door when evaluating a prospect. Just because you think and feel a prospect will bust or stink, does not mean it always happens. However, the problem is when that said prospect proves you wrong over a fair body of work, the analyst has too much ego to give in and admit he or she was wrong and thus finds everything to latch upon to show that their initial take is the only correct one. I used to be a culprit of this but I've matured since where I can man up and take responsibility when I am wrong with my take on a prospect or player or team.

Besides, reading that makes me feel he just judged this game vs the Bengals and not bring up any of his better games like vs Atlanta or New England. I love how this game works.....

Torching up Atlanta or New England:

"OH ATLANTA IS MISSING KEY STARTERS ON DEFENSE! BIG DEAL!"

Failing to torch up Atlanta or New England:

"WOW GENO SUCKS! CANT EVEN TAKE ADVANTAGE OF THIS WOUNDED FALCONS D!"

This is why I can't take clowns like this seriously sometimes. They have their mind made up on a prospect and will not budge for a second and at this point this is nothing more than a ploy for more views/webhits. This is the Skip Bayless or Mike Francesa effect.....yell enough negativity and you'll get noticed. Shame the media has divulged into this but whatever sells the papers, regardless of integrity or not.

20. Kentucky Jet

Yet Suckchez got 4 years!