Ramsey for a 6?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by theUandtheJETS, Feb 28, 2006.

1. theUandtheJETS

theUandtheJETS New Member

how did it go from ramsey for abraham which didnt make any sense to now, john clayton saying Ramsey for a 6th rounder which I would most likely do because regardless of are QB situation Ramsey is a solid young backup.

2. JoeWillie130

JoeWillie130 Well-Known Member

Because Ramsey sucks. There's a reason why Brunell is starting over him. Gibbs isn't an idiot. I think getting Ramsey to be a starter or a backup would be a terrible idea. He's not good enough to be a starter and he complains when he's a backup.The only thing I can see being okay is if he is just a 1 year fill in and we draft a Qb and have him sit a year and then take over.

3. Pennington2Moss

Pennington2Moss New Member

how long is left on his contract?

4. JetsIn2004

JetsIn2004 Banned

The Sknis need to move him. He has 1 more year remaining.

He has a base (all we'd be responsible for unless he has a roster bonus I do not know about) of 1.688M

For a 6? I'd do this. I do not like Ramsey, but he's better than a 6 I think.

5. xjets2002x

xjets2002x Active Member

What is the likelihood that a sixth rounder is going to be better than Patrick Ramsey? It's low.

Ramsey is a gritty competitor with a good arm. He was a victim of being drafted by Steve Spurrier and getting sacked a ton. He's not great, but he's only 27 and salvageable. I wouldn't give up big picks for him, but for a six this is a no brainer.

-X-

6. I dont see how we can go wrong, taking a chance on a talented guy like Ramsey for a 6th rounder. The worst that happens is he loses out to CP or an early round pick and he sits on the bench for a year and than becomes a FA.

I have said for years that Ramsey has the talent and smarts to succeed, but he didnt fit in Spurrier's joke of a scheme and never got sufficient pass protection. Give him a shot in NY. It cant hurt, especially for a 6th rounder.

7. 85inthehall

85inthehall Well-Known Member

for a 6 you take that chance -- in the 6th 19 of of 20 times you either get a special teamer or a guy that is cut -- you rarely find the tom brady in 6. The kid has pro experience and played for lousy coaches -- gibbs was a great coach i don't see it now though.

ramsey is an upgrade to brooks

8. MawaesDaMan

MawaesDaMan New Member

I would do it in a heartbeat. I am fine with Ramsey QBing this team for a few years actually. All he has to do is manage the team. He has skill, and with an improved O-Line(which better be the focus of rounds 2-7) and maybe LenDale White splitting carries with Curtis. A little help on the D, we could be competetive, which is more than I can say right now in our current situation.

9. ButtleMan

ButtleMan New Member

Absolutely I would do that deal.

10. DrShrinker

DrShrinker New Member

I would be shocked if the Redskins trade Ramsey for a 6th. Gibbs continues to talk about how much the Redskins have invested in Ramsey. I know at least 3 teams have contacted the Redskins about trading for him.

11. Jtuds

Jtuds Active Member

I never heard it was for a 6th but apparently the yare looking to offload him for not too much.

I'd rather have Kitna though.

12. theUandtheJETS

theUandtheJETS New Member

What teams have called, because john clayton said today that no one has shown to much interest so that is why the jets could get him for a 6th round pick, and also gibbs cant be too interested in him since he is the 3rd string QB on their staff this upcoming season

13. SOWELLisGOD

SOWELLisGOD New Member

this may be true, but come on? a 6th round pick? for th QB once thought to be the long term starter?
    i guess if that's all they can get, thats it...

p.s. post on the "bullsht/1 million thread" thread

14. McCluneNYJ

McCluneNYJ Active Member

I think it would be a steal to get Ramsey for a 6th. That's what we spent on Brooks.

Jon McGraw and Pete Hunter move teams for a 6th for heaven's sake!

15. MawaesDaMan

MawaesDaMan New Member

I would happily take a 6th for Pennington as well....

16. 28rogerblaze51

28rogerblaze51 New Member

Do it, do it... (Dukes of hazzard)

17. DrShrinker

DrShrinker New Member

The Redskins will keep him on board if they cannot get good value for him. Campbell is unproven and Gibbs stresses QB depth all the time.

18. Ten

Ten Active Member

This would be a great deal.Plus it would be a nice kck in the nuts for skin fans who thought they would get a good pick for him.

19. xxedge72x

xxedge72x 2018 Gang Green QB Guru Award Winner

When you put it that way, I'm all for it! :rofl:

20. GreenGiant 32

GreenGiant 32 New Member

This would be great value for a 6th rounder. The Skins must really be desperate to move him at this point. Just so that they could get anything in return. We wouldn't even have to worry about putting a solid oline in front of him, he's a human crash test dummy. He just keeps on getting up for more.