Prequel Star Wars (Ep 1-3) vs Disney Star Wars (Ep 7&8)

Discussion in 'BS Forum' started by HackettSuxTNG, Jan 10, 2019.

?

Which are WORSE: The Prequel Star Wars movies (Ep 1-3) or the Disney Star Wars movies (Ep 7&8)

1. The Prequel Star Wars Movies

9 vote(s)
    60.0%
  2. The Disney Star Wars Movies

6 vote(s)
    40.0%
  1. Cidusii

Cidusii Well-Known Member

I enjoyed Rogue One. The last hour or so was really good. The build up to that though was a bit jarring and disjointed. Saw Gerrera was a bit wasted in the movie I felt, and I only really began to appreciate his role after watching the cartoons. I felt like they could have devoted a little more time to that faction.

Solo is still my favourite Disney Star Wars film so far though (it's really only a competition between it and Rogue One), mainly because it was a really fun adventure with solid links to lore and the cartoons, especially at the end. The weird lighting approach the film took distracted me quite a bit at the start, but those issues didn't really become noticeable later on. I really enjoyed the Kessel Run in this, and Han's slowly growing exaggeration of how few parsecs the run took.

regan62072 likes this.
  2. JetBlue

JetBlue Well-Known Member

I had M:I Fallout to watch on my flights yesterday but against my better judgement decided to finish the last hour and a half of Solo after turning it off 30 minutes in a few months ago. What an absolutely awful movie; Solo is an absolute buffoon which may have worked if the Lord brothers were allowed to make the movie into a true comedy but with Ron Howard’s attempt to turn their comedy into a generic adventure he just cones across as a short sighted idiot that everything works out for because they have been pre-determined to work out for him not because the results follow sensibly from his actions. Star Wars is truly a dead brand.