Predicting NE Miracles Should Not Be Possible. But we do it

Discussion in 'National Football League' started by forevercursed, Dec 17, 2017.

1. forevercursed

forevercursed Well-Known Member

We haven't had anything like this luckwise happen to us ever

Game winning INT dropped
    Brady TD.
    Pitt about to score TD. Chased down
    Pitt scores. Refs steal
    Fake spike deflection interception?

In what situation can you accurately predict miracles for others? Why can we predict this and not lottery numbers? I mean isn't this kind of strange that over and over again we sort of know the calls, know the dropped INT's know the bounces, know the stupidity that is about to overwhelm the opposing coach.

How is this so predictable but other stuff not?

Like if I sit there watching a baseball game...I can't go "Well the Royals are going to hit a go ahead HR with 2 outs in the 9th but it will be called back due to fan interference that never happened. Then Boston will not get the ball out of the infield but the infield but all Royal infielders will commit errors and Boston will score and win"

But how is it we can do this for the Patriots and not any other team? Like...hey don't worry Refs+Miracle+other teams stupidity....NOW. Like this is supposed to be real life not scripted. This should shock us why isn't this shocking us?

#1 forevercursed, Dec 17, 2017
    Last edited: Dec 17, 2017
  2. JetsKickAss

JetsKickAss Well-Known Member

NFL rules are total BS. The 2 previous heads of officiating have said the rule is not being interpreted correctly.

3. Jets_Grinch

Jets_Grinch Well-Known Member

Who do we email to complain when the time comes to boycott this years super bowl? This is fucking ridiculous. It is literally ruining the sport for me.

4. Biffins

Biffins Member

Seemed pretty straightforward. This has been discussed since the Dez Bryant catch over and over. The receiver caught the ball while falling, then extended to get it in the endzone, and ball came lose slightly as he hit the ground and ball was touching the ground. He doesn't have possession and it's not a catch if he doesn't have complete control all the way to the ground. Breaking the plane doesn't matter since he doesn't yet have possession since it's not a completed catch yet as he's going to the ground.

The fact that he extends the ball to break the plane while falling is what gives people the illusion that he must have possession/control since he's able to extend but that's only true if he's not going to the ground. If he's going to the ground the rule is that it's not a catch unless you maintain control all the way to the ground. So the receiver doesn't have possession yet.

We discussed this all to death when Dez Bryant did this a few years ago. Officials affirmed that the rules were applied correctly.

What Blandino etc are talking about is the touchback rule which is not applicable in this case. In the touchback rule, like what happened to ASJ was that he caught the ball (without going to the ground), and made a football move and hence had possession. He then lost possession momentarily while crossing the goal line and then retained possession in the end zone and it was ruled a touchback. This is a completely different rule and circumstance from what happened in the Pats/Steelers game. Touchback wasn't even on the card. It was an incompletion.

TonyFtLaud likes this.
  5. forevercursed

Here's your Super Bowl

NE down 20-10. 2 min to go. Brady trying a desperation drive. Throws INT...dropped. 4th and 10...incomplete. Refs call phantom PI. Patriots score with 10 seconds to go. Then recover an onside kick AND run the onside kick in to win the Super Bowl.

Now watch this literally happen. YOU ACTUALLY WATCH. This will happen

6. Simple just don’t watch.

I make it a point to not watch Anything patriot related other than against the Jets.I know plenty of fans of other teams who feel the same way. If enough of us put boycott into action the NFL will take notice.

Either the cheats will stop getting every call or the only fans that will be left are cheat fans

dcinct likes this.
  7. Jets_Grinch

I have no doubt this will happen. If they make it i am boycotting, and i hope all the other fans sick of them getting the benfit of the doubt do the same.

8. Jets_Grinch

Outside of our game and the 4th quarter today i have not watched anything Pats and significantly less football overall because of shit like this. I sincerely hope that if they make the Super Bowl the leagues has it's lowest ratings in a generation. it's honestly ruining my love of this game.

dcinct and KurtTheJetsFan like this.
  9. matt robinson 17

matt robinson 17 Well-Known Member

Jesse James catches the winning td his knee hits and he reaches for the end zone but it's not a td, fuck you nfl and fuck you Robert Kraft-atriots!

dcinct, Brook! and Jets_Grinch like this.
  10. forevercursed

Not only that but how is every game ending INT against them dropped. And how do other teams get stupid suddenly?

11. Patriot

Patriot Well-Known Member

Neither team at the end deserved to win. How the Patriots with their Sucky Prevent Defense could allow Juju to make it all the way (69 yards) to the 10 yard line is incredible!

At first I thought the play was a touchdown, but then I saw the ball go to the ground as Tight End Jesse James lunged for the end zone on the replay. I was shouting at the TV, this is not a touchdown! When complaining about the review time, Romo made the same observation and said oh no, I knew right then and there the play was going to be reversed.

Ok the next play Pittsburg gains some yards but no TD. Then Ben decides for some dumb reason to force the ball, tip, and interception. Oh my God the Steelers just gave the game away!

The Patriots clearly stole this game. I have been watching sports for over 40 years and I can say without hesitation, Champions choke less during crunch time and win. The Patriots did choke on the Juju 69 yard play, but Roethlisberger clearly crapped a big one.

This game when it is all said and done was over hyped and doesn't mean anything between these two teams because its not the playoffs. The Steelers can easily come to Foxboro and get the last laugh.

12. Well today will help.People are tired of the Patriots bullshit & always getting rescued by the refs.w all the other disgust towards the league,if the patriots are in the SB which will the league will make sure of..it could be the lowest point for “the shield” in recent memory.

But shh..maybe we shouldnt voice our disdain some pats fan will come tell us how much smarter & more deserving they are than us

13. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

As much as I hate to say it the refs made the right call. The ball came out of the receiver's hands and hit the ground. Roethlisberger's stupidity lost Pittsburgh the game, not the refs.

TonyFtLaud likes this.
  14. Patriot

I know you are upset, but do you remember the Patriot's CB Samuels dropping a Super Bowl game winning interception against Manning and the Giants? This cost the Patriots a 19-0 season and a Super Bowl. I think there is a reason why Corner Backs are not receivers, they are not good at catching the ball!

Sam Hammer likes this.
  15. Patriot

This was not a playoff game and Pittsburg could easily have the last laugh against the Pats.

16. Patriot

I do appreciate your honest assessment. Both teams at the end tried to give the game away.

17. Jets_Grinch

History tells us home field means a march to the Super Bowl for NE*. But AB back helathy and them both getting the bye weeks would be must see TV. And yet #boycottNE

dcinct and KurtTheJetsFan like this.
  18. Gremlin

Gremlin Well-Known Member

Tipped pass not intercepted
    Steelers suddenly realise that Gronk can't be man-to-manned.
    Easy 2 pt conversion when the steelers defender reads cross when everyone is screaming fade.
    Pitt about to score TD but runs out of gas after some 70-80 yards of sprinting.
    Pitt scores? Reviewed and correctly overturned
    Ben craps his pants

It's great fun to yell 'Conspiracy' and accuse them of ungentlemanly acts (which they, and other teams, did/do) but I think that distracts from the real worrying issue which is they are a good franchise with smart coaching and a philosophy that works for the players they acquire.

I hope as much as the next man that they stall when TB finaly retires in this decade or the next (especially now they don't have Jimmy G) but I have a horrible feeling that they'll still be one of those teams that continues to stick around .500 even on down years and at present - that's us at our best!

TonyFtLaud likes this.
  19. Think about all the games not just hyped headliner type games, the Patriots have won in this same manner.

Now consider Robert Kraft coming out & saying that their cheating helped/helps 1%. Still just an afterthought??

dcinct likes this.
  20. Yehoodi

Yehoodi Active Member

In that same drive Merriweather and Harrison had balls slipped through their hands, we had three changes to stop that drive.

. . . not to mention, not stopping NYG in the final drive of SB 46

. . . or not stopping Indy in the final drive of '06 AFFCG

. . . or the non PI call against Car in '15 costing us HFA . . .

. . . or our kicker missing an extra point in the '15 AFFCG making us have to go for 2 in the end which we missed

. . . and so on.

So Pats have had their share of tough last minute losses too . . .