Poll: The Jets are (4-11), Do you Keep or Fire Bowles?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by The Dark Knight, Dec 24, 2016.

?

Would you Fire Todd Bowles?

1. Yes.

2. No.

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

I personally think that Todd Bowles being (14-17) as Head Coach is not bad enough to be fired. The Season has been a disaster though. You hate making a Poll like this on Christmas, but I feel it needs to be asked. Beating a crappy Bills team or losing to a crappy Bills team next week really does not factor in if you ask me.

2015 the Jets went (10-6). Great year.

2016 the Jets are (4-11). Terrible year.

Out of those 15 games, an UNBELIEVABLE 5 games were flat out embarrassing. (Chiefs, Cardinals, Colts, Dolphins and Patriots) That is just not acceptable. Is it bad enough to fire a Coach after 2 seasons, with 1 of those seasons being pretty successful?

What do you think? I'd love to hear everyone's current and updated opinions.

2. NYJalltheway

NYJalltheway Well-Known Member

I don't really care. Does it matter?
    No coach this team would hire would make a difference. It's the sad truth. I don't even know what to be optimistic about.

I wish I had more to say. The Jets won't get a franchise qb in the draft. Romo, Kaep, or Cutler won't be an answer. Petty isn't the answer it's relatively safe to guess. Does anybody have faith in a guy who couldn't even be a backup emergency qb all year to be a future star qb? I highly doubt it.

I'm usually at least half way as optimistic as Roba, but I'm being a realist here. I don't see any positive results in the near future. I hope I'm wrong.

Merry Christmas lol.

#2 NYJalltheway, Dec 24, 2016
    Last edited: Dec 24, 2016
  3. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

Clearly our opinions as fans don't matter to Woody, but I was wondering how people felt. ;)

4. NYJalltheway

NYJalltheway Well-Known Member

Even if they did matter, what would that change?

The Dark Knight likes this.
  5. Longsuffering88

Longsuffering88 Well-Known Member

He is completely inept

As bad as it gets

6. jets_fan

jets_fan Well-Known Member

It's not even a question at this point. The coaching staff, starting at the top, needs to be overhauled.

7. 1968jetsfan

1968jetsfan Well-Known Member

Nope, you can't flush a front office/coaching staff every 2-3 years and expect to get anywhere....

The O-line is old and needs a total overhaul...don't blame the coaching staff, I said the O-line was a wreck going in to the draft and everyone said I was chicken little.....

8. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

We aren't and wouldn't be flushing the CS every 2-3 years. Rex was here 6-7 years. Nothing will improve with Bowles back. He doesn't hold players accountable. They aren't prepared for games. He's clearly in over his head. IMO it would be flat out stupid to bring back a totally inept HC for the sake of sticking to some rule about not firing a HC after only 2-3 years. You can sit and watch Bowles and the Jets suck for 4 years, but I and most of us have no desires to. We want to see a winner and aren't content with sucking.

9. Jeremy2020

Jeremy2020 Active Member

The best thing you can say about Bowles is...uhh...his Jets hats are always really clean.

ZQubed likes this.
  10. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

Why is there even a question? Sure, a guy might be entitled to more than two years to get a ship righted and on course but there should be some signs along the way that there is a slight possibility, at least, of that happening.

There is nothing here. In the gray desolation following a 1,000 acre forest fire there may be a glowing ember somewhere that indicates the fire may roar back to life. The current Jets team has not the slightest potential flickering.

Let a single Bowles supporter point out a single positive sign the guy could take this team to the promised land. Just one sign that he can get the best out of his players. Just a slight glimmer that he can make a half time adjustment. Just an inkling that game planning and clock management are within his capabilities. Show me what I've missed or concede the inevitable.

11. GreenWhiteandGold

GreenWhiteandGold Well-Known Member

I'm not sacking him because they are 4-11, I'm sacking him because the players have quit on him. They quit on him along time ago, once that happens any coach is done.

12. K'OB

K'OB 2021 TGG Fantasy Football Champ

I voted yes but not because of this awful season, more to do with fetching Fitz back and so late, if he wanted Fitz so badly then he should have got him in asap, instead it seemed we were left under cooked to start the season and it went downhill rapidly.

Anyway, I would rather we started afresh with somebody new and a proper long term plan, don't care if that includes going 0/16 1/15 for three seasons, as long as we come out on the other side a reborn franchise then it will be worth it, how much worse can it actually get just drifting along with no plan of action in sight.

NCJetsfan likes this.
  13. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

Before taking the field, defensive end Muhammad Wilkerson addressed the team in the locker room, hoping to use Bowles' appearance as a rallying point.

"We didn't know what the illness was, but he chose to be here and coach us today," Wilkerson said. "I tried to give guys some motivation to play harder. ... It was inspiring."

But the Jets (4-11) weren't inspired on the field, losing for the sixth time in seven games. Their past three defeats have been by 31, 21 and 38 points, increasing speculation about Bowles' job security.

Now we know what Wilkerson is good for.

Absolutely nothing.

14. ukjetsfan

ukjetsfan Well-Known Member

The team seems totally unprepared, with Kotite-level ineptitude in multiple areas every week. His job is to prepare his team to play and get the best out of them, but they obviously have no respect for him. I doubt the players will suddenly decide to respect him during the offseason. A lot of the players need to go as well, but we need a new coaching staff. This bunch of clowns is two years in now, and they're going backwards.

PennyRoyal10 and NCJetsfan like this.
  15. Christian

Christian Active Member

I hope he's fired first thing Christmas morning, and he can take Macc with him.

Jets69 likes this.
  16. LongIslandBlitz

LongIslandBlitz Well-Known Member

Bowles deserves 1 more year whether anyone likes it or not.Were any of you the best at your job without making mistakes first?Bowles deserves a chance to fix this mess.I feel like if we never fired Mr T him and Rex would have eventually made it to the Superbowl.

17. LongIslandBlitz

LongIslandBlitz Well-Known Member

You clearly dont pay attention to who gets fired every year...Woody def hears us.

The Dark Knight and Jets69 like this.
  18. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

Not to be rude, but it's time to put up or shut up. Name one single thing that Bowles has done that indicates he has the ability to create an improving or winning team here. Don't repeat that he is entitled to the negatives we've seen here; take that out of the equation. Point to something positive.

We'll wait.

19. Bill Belichdouche

Bill Belichdouche Well-Known Member

As much as the jet fan in me wants to, I give him one more year. I base my reasoning on last season and the fact that firing him 2 years in seems a bit premature no matter how bad/unprepared/outclassed they have looked this year.

But if the clamor is loud enough, woody will probably go through with it.

20. jcass10

jcass10 Well-Known Member

Him and Mac get one more year if I'm in charge. If I don't see a giant improvement in effort and wins they're both gone.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk