PLAYOFFS

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Lee Savit, Nov 4, 2017.

1. hornblower

hornblower Well-Known Member

You have to have someone to protect.

2. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

This thread aged nearly as well as Lindsay Lohan.

3. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

more like Joan Rivers..

4. GasedAndConfused

GasedAndConfused Well-Known Member

pretty much we'd have to run the table at this point and we aren't consistent enough to pull that off

5. Section 336

Section 336 Well-Known Member

Run the table -- LOL
    With Carolina, NO, KC, NE on the docket we have a much more likely scenario of losing out.

6. truthbtold

truthbtold Well-Known Member

What you say is true ... but on the other hand, 90% of the league sucks. We're no worse and probably a little better than the rest of the pile. It's such a goddamn shame that we shit the bed against the Dolphins and Bucs, because at 5-5 our playoff chances would have been very good. In fact I'll even back up what I said a few weeks ago --- just LOOK at the shit show teams are providing around the league each week. Blowouts all over the place. At least we're in the damn game every week. So An 8-8 record wouldn't shock me ... and I'd almost guarantee 7-9 at this point. Either way -- not good enough.

But a far cry from those predictions of 1-15.

#86 truthbtold, Nov 19, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 19, 2017
    FJF likes this.
  7. RobA

RobA 2005-2007 TGG.com Most Optimistic Award Winner

1 game out. Those close losses really hurt, but we are still right there. Beat Carolina.

playtowinthegame likes this.
  8. Peebag

Peebag Well-Known Member

Mescaline is awesome!

9. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

Well they didn't play, which means Bowels didn't screw up an in-game adjustment, so no reason to complain...this week.:D

10. hornblower

hornblower Well-Known Member

Basketball half-time adjustment, "Shoot better"

11. King Koopa

King Koopa Well-Known Member

Atleast 1 and maybe 2 pretty shitty teams are going to be the AFC wild cards this season

We are right in the middle of this steaming pile somehow

FJF and playtowinthegame like this.
  12. pdxdrew

pdxdrew Well-Known Member

During the Philly/Dallas game they showed the teams who could make the wildcard and we were listed. Almost spit out my drink. Man, there are some crap teams out there right now.

#92 pdxdrew, Nov 20, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 20, 2017
    playtowinthegame and KWJetsFan like this.
  13. KWJetsFan

KWJetsFan Well-Known Member

Yep. Baltimore is the 6 seed right now at 5-5 and they suck. Weird year. I'd still be shocked if the f'n Pats don't win it all again because the life of a Jets fan is hell.

14. MurrellMartin

MurrellMartin Well-Known Member

Baltimore is the likely 6 seed, when you take a peak at their schedule and see how their defense has been playing of late.

I say they're in at 9-7.

If you're still thinking playoffs with our schedule, you're dreaming. We finish 3-3 if everything breaks right, so 7-9. That won't be good enough.

15. playtowinthegame

playtowinthegame Well-Known Member

Odds are Jets don't make the playoffs. Most know this. But if they can patch thier secondary up and the D-Line can continue to show the progress we've seen the last two games, then the Jets have a slim chance of grabbing the 6th seed in AFC Playoffs. They need the offensive line to play much better and eliminate the stupid penalties. A couple home wins in a row against the Panthers and Chiefs can propel the Jets with momentum into thier game vs the Broncos. Now you're looking at a 7-6 record and 6-4 vs the AFC heading into the Saints game. We'll likely lose and be 7-7 coming home to face a West coast team in the Chargers, who'll be on the end of a 2 game road trip after playing the Chiefs. If the Jets play a clean game they can win, which puts them at 8-7 and 7-4 vs the AFC heading into a game vs the Pats who'll likely be resting thier starters with thier playoff position wrapped up. It the Jets D vs Brian Hoyer. We beat the Pats backups and get in the playoffs with a 9-7 record, and 8-4 vs AFC. The 6th seed Jets draw the 3 seed Jags. That's if all the stars align. Bowles wins Coach of the Year. Jets get bounced in the first round but the young Jets get a taste of the playoffs. Next season we have a shiny new quarterback...Kirk Cousins.

FJF likes this.
  16. grkmanga31

grkmanga31 Well-Known Member

We have one of the tougher schedules the rest of the way so I won't speculate on making the playoffs.

Isn't it amazing how bad the AFC is though? Patriots and Steelers and a bunch of nobodies.

17. Jetsfansince95

Jetsfansince95 Well-Known Member

As likely as it is for a team to make it in at 8-8 I see us winning 3 more games this year at the most

18. Mario

Mario Well-Known Member

I know its a crime to post in this thread...

If Ravens lose at Steelers and Jets beat Denver, Jets will be 1 game back with 3 to go. Its quite possible that the Patriots rest their starters week 17.

Just a pipe dream for a Monday morning.

tbruner12 likes this.
  19. The Waterboy

The Waterboy Well-Known Member

Sure if that happens they will be 1 game back with 3 to go against @Saints, Chargers and @P*ts, while Ravens will have Browns, Colts and Bengals. Add to that Chargers have Skins, Chiefs, Jets and Raiders, means no chance in hell Jets make the playoffs.

If Jets make the playoffs "I'll stick my head up a cows rear, take it out and stick it back in again". *Buffalofizzco reference, means I won't really do it.

20. xxedge72x

xxedge72x 2018 Gang Green QB Guru Award Winner

Offensive Line + Cornerback are the Jets Achilles heel right now. Would also be nice to have a legitimate pass rusher.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

tbruner12 likes this.