PENALTIES - bad bad bad

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Longsuffering88, Aug 24, 2018.

1. K'OB

K'OB 2021 TGG Fantasy Football Champ

When you quote me the part where I say Bowles was not coaching to win then we can continue on with the conversation.

As it stands you're the guy who said "The Jets had a legit chance to succeed at 3-2" and that is the bit I was refuting, you are the one tacking on all the other shit with each new post.

I will say it again, the Jets had no chance to succeed at 0-0 or 3-2 as we did not have the squad for it, kind of proven by the fact we went 5-11, really disproving the legit chance as fanciful and very very very unrealistic, actually thinking at 3-2 we had a chance has led to this huge disappointment that you have felt since the season ended.

2. phubbadaman

phubbadaman Well-Known Member

A little late, but Bowles literally said that he doesn't care when people are late, that is life. I know Rex didn't do much either (see Geno Smith), but I don't remember him saying out loud that he doesnt' care if you are late (maybe he did ).

Bowles is no better, if not worse, than Rex when it comes to player accountability.

ColoradoContrails likes this.
  3. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

That's an excellent point that I didn't consider. Thanks!

4. Axel574

Axel574 Active Member

Once again you've missed the point. The players and the coaches certainly thought they could win and tried their best. My original point, and I'll say it again for you, was that when the season actually had a pulse and they were playing back to back division rivals they blew huge leads in consecutive weeks.

... but I'm sure if the team was 5-2 and in first place you would've been pissed.

:rolleyes:

5. K'OB

No the point you keep missing is I was replying to you, not what the players and coaches thought, like I already said earlier, you did not mention it was them but YOU, you thought we had a legit chance to succeed and then promptly blamed Bowles for blowing this legit chance, when anybody with even an 1/8th of a brain cell knew we have no chance, not a single chance of succeeding, there is no succeeding in American sport unless you win or in the NFL's case become superbowl winners.

So once again for you simple soul, we did not have a legit chance of succeeding and I did not say the players or Bowles did not try their best, evidenced by them winning 5 games which nearly scuppered our chances of a fucking real future and not some perpetual fucking 8-8 hell, do you understand that now ?

I only ask as you don't understand how a team of journeymen and younger talent managed to blow leads in consecutive weeks, the same team that got an absolute drubbing by the Raiders and were at 0-2 with people like yourself in utter despair.

I think people who read my posts at the time knew how I would have felt at 5-2, shocked would have been one reaction.

For your own info, I was a tank supporter for the greater good, going 8-8 for all eternity will get us nowhere and indeed has got us nowhere.

I enjoyed the wins because "fan" then the sensible part of the brain would kick in and think we are not winning the superbowl with this team and if we have any chance of ever replicating SB3 then we need to secure a very high draft pick, which I already stated we came very close to blowing and if we had not blown those huge leads we now would not be looking forward to Sam Darnald propelling this franchise forward for the next 10 season or more.

6. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

Habitual offenders got punished. Wilkerson and Sheldon were both benched. He has a point people will be late at times, but being late must require the right reason. Just like in school, just like at work. Rex never benched anyone. This couldn't be further from the truth

7. Axel574

Axel574 Active Member

Go back and read it again dumbass.

This is what I wrote:

This is the perfect way to sum up the Bowles tenure... 2017 the team was 3-2 and just beat a winless Browns team. The offense was playing well and the de was serviceable. It was at this point in the season the Jets has a legit chance to succeed.

Nowhere in this paragraph do I say that I think the Jets had a legit chance to succeed. The sentence implies that it's the Jets themselves that would think they had a legit chance to succeed. Any team sitting at 3-2 would think they have a chance to succeed.

Anyway I guess we are done here.. you didn't get the point back then and you still don't.

You can't fix stupid.

8. K'OB

And nowhere does it say you meant the fucking management like you later claimed, it is typed in the first person style, so go and fuck yourself.

BTW you can fix stupid by changing has to had but being stupid myself I wouldn't dream of lecturing you on your grammar or your fucking fat finger typing.

9. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

Only if one believes red herrings are universally relevant.

10. GasedAndConfused

GasedAndConfused Well-Known Member

that makes no sense. someone said good coaches don't blow big leads yet the falcons coach did just that in the SB

11. Ralebird

One anecdote proves a point in what world?

12. Ralebird

Rex? You mean Rex Ryan, the guy who used to be the Jets coach years ago? What does that have to do with Todd Bowles, the Jets coach today? Bowles should be compared to a standard for today, not a failed coach, or any number of them from the past.

13. 101GangGreen101

Read the thread.

14. Axel574

Axel574 Active Member

I certainly mentioned that Bowles has blow big leads.. every coach has blown a big lead, but some seem to do it on a consistent basis. Last season Bowles did it in back to back weeks vs division opponents with the potential of first place on the line in week 7.

15. GasedAndConfused

it's not 1 though. happens all the time in the NFL. to judge a coach based on losing a lead in a couple of games is a terrible measuring stick

HomeoftheJets likes this.
  16. GasedAndConfused

I think that was more on morten who went ultra conservative with the offense and he was fired.

K'OB likes this.
  17. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

I thought Morton was fired because he was too pass happy and Bowles wanted more running.

phubbadaman likes this.
  18. K'OB

He got the bullet after admitting quitting on a game, if not that it will have been a huge black mark against him, I wanted a 0-16 season but not quitters, battle hard and lose would have been fine but that guy quit and he stopped doing what was working in several games, games we ended up losing in the end, it was all a bit odd.

19. Ralebird

Old news, fellas, old news. Water under the bridge. Comparing a current loser to all the losers of the past does nothing. If you want to compare today's coach, compare him to any of the other 31 out there now.

20. 101GangGreen101

Read the thread.

HomeoftheJets likes this.