Peace for the Korean Peninsula?

Discussion in 'BS Forum' started by Greenday4537, Apr 20, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Greenday4537

Greenday4537 Well-Known Member

So in case you hadn't heard, South Korea and North Korea have been having secret talks and are potentially signing a peace treaty to end all hostilities for good at the end of the month. So far, they've:

Opened a direct line between leaders of the nations to talk to each other
    North Korea has agreed to get rid of its nuke program
    North Korea has agreed to end missile testing
    DMZ won't be lined with troops

Is it legit this time? Has Kim Jong Un decided to change for the better which is best for his country? Could we possibly see the end of conflict in the Korea Peninsula?

Will Trump act like an impenitent child as usual and screw it all up?

2. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

Any news like this is good.. to an extent NoKor can be trusted to follow thru on their end. Can't wait until Twitler claims credit for this happening.

3. jetophile

jetophile Bruce Coslet's Daughter

It was because of Dennis Rodman. ; ) It does seem a little odd that this comes out shorty after an allied bombing of Syria. <==Just a mental note that is more than likely not causative. Probably more to do with the Chinese putting behind the scenes pressure on the Pillsbury Dough Boy. At first it was an amusing little game for China to let his predecessor punk us, but I think they finally got fed up with this one's shit and further shenanigans. Coupled with the fact that information is so restricted in N. Korea but things still kept managing to leak out about how atrocious infrastructure is, atrocities, food shortages, starvation, parasitic infections, etc. He just wants to control the conversation in a different way.

The last soldier who managed to scale today's version of the Berlin Wall, what a mess he was physically. And you know the other soldiers on his post that were shooting at him and he still managed to get away were summarily executed. Kim Jong-un can't stop the bleeding of negative info., and again, he just wants to control the conversation in a different way (I should add IMO). That's a far better alternative to war, nuclear war or otherwise, but he may also have gotten "word" that "someone" or "someones" were gonna take him out if he didn't cut the crap. I would think he's too delusional to even consider that he might be overthrown or assassinated (domestic or international), but hey, the people of Romania got Ceausescu. He doesn't care about his own people. He only cares about being Caligula/Pharoah/God. It's a bid to make the world think, hey, I'm playing Mr. Nicey Nice Guy now, how honorable of the Supreme Ruler, now the world really has to kiss my ass for my divine magnanimity. It's also an economic decision, let's not forget that. N. Korea is in serious trouble. They're being strangled to death.

Anyway, just spit-balling, but I agree with Cman: I don't trust this guy as far as I can throw him - and I can't throw him at all. He's fat.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.