Pats trade Cook

Discussion in 'National Football League' started by FJF, Apr 3, 2018.

1. Sam Hammer

Sam Hammer Well-Known Member

True, but when was the last time the Patriots had a top 10 pick? They draft 28-32 pretty much every year since Brady. It's much easier to hit on picks when you have early 1sts. One could argue that the Patriots have done more with less, although it certainly helps to have the best QB of all time on the roster.

CotcheryFan likes this.
  2. GasedAndConfused

GasedAndConfused Well-Known Member

that's valid for sure. and they've done great with their 1st rounders. but they've also had a ton of extra 2nds and 3rds (28 total in 18 years) and onyl hit on like 4 of them. that's pretty low for high picks like that.

3. shasta01

shasta01 Active Member

At this point, I think everyone here knows that you haven't got a clue what you're talking about, but feel free to dig yourself deeper.

4. GasedAndConfused

so why did you leave a bunch of jets pro bowlers off your list?

5. shasta01

shasta01 Active Member

If I did name them?

6. GasedAndConfused

I already did. i posted the complete list above (which you replied to) then you posted a list missing like half the names later on and called me a lair LMAO

7. GasedAndConfused

it was literally a 4 hour gap. do you suffer from short term memory loss or are you just trying to be an argumentative ass out of boredom?

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

8. shasta01

shasta01 Active Member

Really?

Coles
    Smith
    Moss
    rhodes
    Miller

Not one of them ever made a Pro-Bowl. Is this where you want to move the goal post again? Maybe it would better for you to just concede the point, you lost, your argument is shit, and you look more and more like a fool each time you try and defend it.

#88 shasta01, Apr 6, 2018
    Last edited: Apr 6, 2018
  9. GasedAndConfused

coles 2003 pro bowl
    Smith - you are correct he was runner up for the pro bowl as a kick returner
    Moss 2005 Probowl
    Rhodes 2006 pro bowl and 2nd team all pro
    Miller 2006 pro bowl and 2nd team all pro

So you were right on smith only. he was runner up to IIRC hester in KC but the other 4 on your list all made the probowl and 2 were 2nd team all pro (which is an even higher accomplishment then a pro bowl. you also only named 5 but missed 6 from my list

so who looks like the idiot now? that would be you. do your research before spouting nonsense so you don't look like such an idiotic asshole. I'm done people nice to people like you here, those who act like a dick, will be treated as a dick.

10. shasta01

shasta01 Active Member

Rodes was never in the 06 pro- bowl and Moss never made the pro bowl as a Jet, he was with Washington. So ok, it's the Patriots 18 pro-bowlers to the Jets 12 since 2000, does that make you feel better? Not to mention the fact that that the Pats were picking on average 20 spots later than the Jets each round and you're still going to try and make the argument that the jets did better since 2000? Comical.

#90 shasta01, Apr 6, 2018
    Last edited: Apr 6, 2018
  11. shasta01

shasta01 Active Member

Oh and if I look like a dick then you look like a fool still trying to hold on to the moronic stance that the Jets have drafted better than the Pats since 2000.

12. GasedAndConfused

nope you look like both. still arguing when you are wrong. keep talking to yourself at least you believe you, nobody else does when a 5 second google search proves you wrong

13. shasta01

shasta01 Active Member

It's simple math, not rocket science, you made a moronic claim and you're correct it took a simple google search to prove you wrong. Patriots 18 Pro-bowlers since 2000 picked at or the end of each round, Jets 12 Pro-bowlers picked at or near the beginning of each round. "SolidGoldBowels" brilliant analysis, is to continue to argue that the Jets did better and pretend like it's so.

14. GasedAndConfused

moving goal posts now. LMAO keep digging asshole

15. Sam Hammer

No offense, but the team they were on when they made the pro bowl is irrelevant. It's about who drafted the player, since you guys were arguing about who drafts better and your criteria is if a player made the pro bowl.

I think a more fair argument would be to factor in the total number of 1st to 3rd round picks for each team and get a percentage of how many made the pro bowl. Comparing just the totals can be misleading because it's very much relevant to the amount of attempts. I'd be interested in seeing that info since there were many years when the Jets lacked draft picks.

GasedAndConfused likes this.
  16. TonyFtLaud

TonyFtLaud Well-Known Member

But he would be willing to drive the price up for The Bills and Dolphins.

KurtTheJetsFan likes this.
  17. TonyFtLaud

TonyFtLaud Well-Known Member

The Pats do have depth at WR, quality depth. Edleman, Hogan, Matthew Slater, Mitchell, Britt, Patterson, Dorsett, Jordan Matthews.

18. shasta01

shasta01 Active Member

I don't see how # of attempts is really relevant. For example, say you have the 10th overall pick and trade back to 30 for an extra 2nd, then as a result you end up with a pr-bowler at 30, and a bust with the extra 2nd. How exactly does having that extra 2 impact what you did with the 30th pick? You could say on one hand that having the extra pick increases the odds hitting on a player, but then again you had better odds of hitting on a player at the original ten spot than you do at 30. Very difficult to unwrap that puzzle, even more so when you start to unpack the differences between each draft classes position strength, or even round strength. Some years you could better off with 4 picks in the first four rounds than 10 picks overall. In the end the original posters argument was that the Jets drafted better than the Patriots since 01, it's a comical stance to take and defend when the evidence is so clearly staked the other way. It's not even close.

19. Sam Hammer

The number of attempts is always relevant. It's not just about teams trading up and down, but also for players on other teams. The Patriots have been very good at stockpiling draft picks like that over the years, while the Jets have traded many away, so it's expected they will have more overall pro bowlers drafted.

I will agree that comparing draft pick success is not a science. It's much easier to hit on a #10 pick than on a #30. If you REALLY wanted to be fair in comparing the success, you'd have to come up with a value system for every single # pick in the draft, get the number of pro bowlers and then compare the average value of the picks vs success percentage for each team.

It's doable, but I definitely am not wasting my time on that. I recommend Mr SolidGoldBowles. :)

20. The Waterboy

The Waterboy Well-Known Member

One thing you will never have anyone arguing against, is that the P*ts are by far the best franchise when it comes to cheating, not even close.

Sam Hammer likes this.