our leader !!

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by ledge, Mar 5, 2006.

1. ledge

ledge New Member

good luck Chad i know every true jet fan is pullin for you !!

2. PennyandtheJets

PennyandtheJets Well-Known Member

Hell I am pulling for him, but that doesn't mean I think he will ever come back.

3. AlioTheFool

AlioTheFool Spiveymaniac

Well I am pretty sure he will be back. The real question is, how capable will he be when he does?

4. 28rogerblaze51

28rogerblaze51 New Member

He will be the same chad, he will just throw softer then what he did b4, unless the surgeon made his rotator cuff out of adamantium.

5. jhsensation10

jhsensation10 Member

chad will only be here for another year.. i hope we draft quinn next year.. trade up... i dont care if it takes a lot considering he will be ready to play in the nfl with the pro style offense they run at notre dame...

6. 28rogerblaze51

28rogerblaze51 New Member

Can we stop this... We dont even know who will be our QB this year, he might be our future QB. If he is not then ok. But we have to deal with whats at hand and that is the draft and FA.

7. Imagesrdecieving

Imagesrdecieving Well-Known Member

I think we are all going to see another side of Pennington this year. As much as I hope he will succeed - I think there will be too many things working against him. Teams were already starting to figure him out. Gameplanning against him will only get easier now that we are rebuilding.

I'm curious to see if he will be able to keep up his enthusiasm. When he looks around and sees a ton of new faces on the team(who's respect he will have to earn). When he doesn't see Herm and Bradway steadfastly behind him. I wonder if it will still be fun for him? Will he still be headbutting his Olinemen?

It's hard to picture. I hope that I am wrong.

8. AlioTheFool

AlioTheFool Spiveymaniac

Well from how it sounds now, the Jets were determined to keep him here. That's a pretty big vote of confidence for him. You never know.

I'm not saying he is going to throw hard, but depending on the schemes, he may still be successful. It's wait and see time with him. If nothing else, it's going to be interesting.

9. vegaskarl

vegaskarl Well-Known Member

The Jets were determined NOT to get hit with a $12 million cap hit.

10. AlioTheFool

AlioTheFool Spiveymaniac

Oh absolutely. It does seem though that the Jets were looking for a way to keep him, not just get him reworked for the cap. (I could be totally wrong, but I think the FO/CS is happy to keep him.)

11. Bawden

Bawden New Member

Though Chad is'nt generally the type of QB I like I can't deny what he does. He gets us to the playoffs and usually does fairly well. His overall record may be 21-16 which isn't great but he gets us to where we want to be. Now I say we take Croyle in the 2nd.

12. RDriven3

RDriven3 New Member

It's going to be interesting year for Chad either make or break, his career is on the line. If he comes back and plays well, hell even at 85% he is better than most QB's in the league, but if he shows that his shoulder is done, then he is basically done. The Jets will cut him and I am not sure besides KC, who might even consider him.

Everything is stacked against him, I know his confidence has to be shot after what happened last year and this off season but if anyone has the mental toughness to pull off this miracle, and thats what it will take, a miracle, its Chad.

13. dwalsh

dwalsh 2006 TGG.com Rookie of the Year Award Winner

couldn't agree more, but he wont be ready to play his first year, no rookies are. But if they get a vet. QB this year (Jon Kitna) to compete with Penny & win, he could mentor Quinn then step aside after a year or two and let Quinn be our future

14. KOZ

KOZ Totally Addicted

The Jets were looking to avoid a $12mil hit on the cap- that's why we signed noodle boy for what may be his last season with the Jets.

Don't confuse loyalty with financial prowess. Mangini and Tannenbaum don't owe him anything...

15. He will have a talented rookie in his rearview mirror. May the best man win.

16. DownAndOut

DownAndOut Member

I wonder about that. Unless the Jets intend to keep 4 QBs or cut Bollinger, I don't see them taking a rookie QB that is game ready this year. It would seem pretty risky to have the depth chart be Penny, Rookie (Young or Cutler or whomever you choose) and Bollinger. I expect the Jets will choose a vet to backup/compete with Penny and Bollinger will be the third string. If they cut Bolly they could draft a QB and sign a vet (such as Kitna) but that puts a strain on the cap at that position.

17. ScotsJet

ScotsJet Active Member

I can't imagine Kitna being a better option than Bollywood, especially at the price he'll command being a well-respected veteran QB. Brooks has the tools to win games, and can better cope with a porous O-line than Kitna, Pennington or even Cutler or Leinart.

18. GreenHornet

GreenHornet New Member

Has anyone seen the neck on Kitna. He's like a bulldog.

[​IMG]

Now compare Kitna's neck to Chad's

[​IMG]

19. It's all about TC competition. Whether that is a 3 way battle or 4 way battle shouldnt stop us from taking a quality rookie QB. Bollinger will get his shot just like the rest.

20. dabrowsk1

dabrowsk1 Active Member

Definitely. By the same token, there is not another year in his contract that has as big of a cap hit as this year. 2006 was the only 15million year the Jets had to contend with. As far as I know, the rest of his years have realitively low cap hits. So it won't be expensive to keep him around, even if it is as a 2nd stringer. So I see him finsihing his contract here.