Once and for all Hack poll.

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by NOVAJET, Mar 25, 2017.

?

Will Hackenberg become a top 15 starting QB in the NFL

1. Hell no he sucks.

2. Yes I have faith in Hack.

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. boozer32

boozer32 Well-Known Member

Nailed it. This babying of Hack is pathetic. Jets acting like they got the blueprint for bringing QB's around.

tbruner12 and playtowinthegame like this.
  2. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

During that July to December period he was learning the offense, trying to develop chemistry with the Jets receivers, serving as scout team QB for a while, and was probably working on his fundamentals some. We'll just have to agree to disagree. I don't think he would have made much, if any progress, during that time, and therefore, I see nothing to be gained by playing him. Of course fans want to see him, because they want to find out if he can be the answer or was a wasted pick. Mac and the CS have different perspectives, rationales, and a lot more information than we do. I don't like Bowles very much any more, but I trust Mac.

#62 NCJetsfan, Mar 28, 2017
    Last edited: Mar 28, 2017
    MoWilkBeast and Pags2112 like this.
  3. NCJetsfan

double post

4. boozer32

You are such a homer. You need to grow up and be realistic about things. You are not the know all and be all of JetsLand. The sooner you realize that the lest of a pompous tool you'll be. Every draft season you become a turd and you never autocorrect just right back to being a clown.

tbruner12 likes this.
  5. NCJetsfan

This post shows how absolutely clueless you are. You should really stop. You're making yourself look more and more ignorant.

101GangGreen101 likes this.
  6. NCJetsfan

I never said or thought that I was the know all and be all of JetsLand. I could care less if you or others think I'm a pompous tool because I stand up for what I think and believe. I admit when I'm wrong about something, and that happens frequently.

You're the one who is being a pompous tool thinking you know more than Mac and the Jets CS, and/or acting like because you've never heard of something before, it couldn't possibly have happened or be real.

Much of any sport or physical activity is mental. If one gets confused, frustrated, doesn't feel comfortable with what one is being asked to do or how one is asked to do something, one gets tense, presses, and loses confidence. Everyone who knows anything about sports knows that in order to do their bests, athletes have to be relaxed and not think too much.

If I'm such a pompous tool, you can always put me on ignore or simply choose not to read or respond to my posts.

You're the Donald Trump of this forum. You post absolutely incorrect "facts" and opinions based on nothing but your backwards way of looking at things.

Pags2112 likes this.
  7. Pags2112

Pags2112 Well-Known Member

The Poll has tightened some, I am actually surprised by how many have faith in Hack, as I thought the percentages would of been vice versa.

We may get a tad bit more info on Hack soon, offseason programs for teams with returning head coaches begin on April 17. The draft begins 10 days later on April 27. I came across an article that makes the draft even more intriguing, if it has any bite to it, it looks like Cleveland could keep ole Osweiler. Depending on other circumstances of course, the Jets war room may just have the pick of the liter in terms of QB's. The offseason programs and their draft day(s) decision(s) should provide us with a clearer picture. Hopefully.

Contrary to reports that have circulated since he was acquired from the Houston Texans earlier this month, the Browns might give Brock Osweiler a chance to help their dismal quarterback situation.

"Obviously, he's a player on our team and we're going to treat him just like we do all of our other quarterbacks until he's not," Coach Hue Jackson told Steve Wyche of NFL Network during taping of "Path to the Draft," a show set to air March 27. "He's a guy that's going to come in and compete.

"We haven't had an opportunity to meet with him from a football standpoint because of the rules. But once we start our offseason program, Phase One, we'll get a chance to know him and he'll get to know us."

8. tbruner12

tbruner12 Well-Known Member

Anybody who thinks a few quarters of meaningless football would have been detrimental to Quacks future, have obviously never played any competitive sports in their life. To say he needs work for his confidence, and comfort level, by holding a clip board all season is a joke. You get confident by proving to yourself that you belong at the level you are playing in. Comfort comes with reps.
    Coddling NFL QB's is a farce, a "Madden" way of doing things.
    These players are not in Pop Warner, yet some on this board think that in order to turn them into a top 15 QB, they need to go back to Pop Warner to fix their problems.
    You can't ruin a true player by playing him. You may find out that he wasn't a true player by playing him, but that's how everyone finds out.
    To say Hack was broke to such an extreme because of this, that, or some other bullshit, to the point he couldn't play a down in the NFL on one of the worst teams, yet is fixable in an offseason......totally stupid.
    2nd round picks don't get redshirt seasons. QB or not given our terrible QB situation last year. To make matters worse, who on the team is a QB whisperer? Nobody!!!
    We have a few of those who believe they are on this message board, but it's obvious most of those never played any sports. Maybe they made the team, but by saying a player needs to sit on the bench to become an addition to a team, proves to me that they sat the bench all of their playing days. You get better by playing your position, whether practice or games. Not holding a clipboard.
    I hope Hack turns into Dan Marino, or Joe Cool...... But logic tells me that the only thing he will ever be is a 2ND round reach and a bust.

boozer32 and ColoradoContrails like this.
  9. boozer32

I agree and I hate this preschool approach to this high draft choice. Imagine taking this approach with every draft pick. Glad the Jets are not signing big salary free agents. These kids will have to grown up fast and the fans get to see who will sink of swim. I'm really curious if Macc will draft another QB and more importantly what round.

tbruner12 likes this.
  10. jilozzo

jilozzo Well-Known Member

I do and I think it will be rounds 3 or 4.

boozer32 likes this.
  11. The Waterboy

The Waterboy Well-Known Member

If they don't have the protection, sacks went from one every 18.66 attempts down to every 11 attempts and then every 9.44, this will force rushed throws affecting accuracy.
    If the QB is restricted in being able to change the play at the line so that the D can tee off, this will affect accuracy.
    Then there are the changes in footwork, you look at the difference between freshman and junior years and you see him forcing throws, throwing off his back foot.

I'm not saying he was the most accurate before the new HC took over but things were much better freshman year. I'm not so much a Hack backer as I am thinking he may have the tools to succeed and glad they didn't rush him in last year, giving him time to adjust was the best thing they could have done.

Imagesrdecieving and boozer32 like this.
  12. The Waterboy

You mean the blueprint that was formerly used by many teams, bringing a rookie along slowly so they could adapt to the pro game?

FJF and K'OB like this.
  13. tbruner12

The JETS may go QB in round one, but I hope not. If Mac does go QB in round one, it will show that our staff doesn't know the first damn thing about what to do for our QB situation. It looks like that they are stabbing in the dark. They don't know what to do with what we have, and if they do go QB in round one, it will also prove that we don't have the QB of the future on the roster. Does anyone really believe that this regime has the time to follow thru with a 5 year plan in order to turn Quackenberg into a starter? 2 more losing seasons, and this regime won't be here I bet.
    Thing is it's too early for Mac to admit that drafting him was a mistake, but the damage is done. We could have had a much better player at any one of our glaring holes, yet Mac reached way too high on a rebuild project. Is that how you rebuild a team? What a joke. I'm sure our next regime will toss him no questions asked if he hasn't improved by long strides by then. We know he isn't starting this season, unless it's a preseason game. Otherwise McCown wouldn't be here. If we go QB in round one, I highly doubt we keep 4 QB's on this years roster. Who leaves? Petty, who is obviously ahead of Quack? Quack himself? If Quack stays and continues his training as a sideline bookshelf, that will be Mac's way of admitting to the mistake of drafting him. Ineptitude at GM has put this franchise in the hole it's in. Up to this point, I don't see Mac being the guy who gets us out.

ColoradoContrails and boozer32 like this.
  14. boozer32

Great post and I agree with 99% of it. I disagree on Macc. I think he is a good GM with a scouting background. That is something we haven't had in a long time. He has found some gems for this team but his weakness has been free agency. I can deal with that as we finally have an old school scout as GM.

tbruner12 likes this.
  15. boozer32

Dallas didn't do it. Neither did Oakland with Derek Carr who went in the same round as Sackenberg. Russell Wilson went in what round?

ColoradoContrails likes this.
  16. boozer32

If a player is not progressing then that is a problem. He didn't progress from hs freshman year and he was awful in his rookie season with 3 bad QB's. To not see the field in 2016 was an eye opener. You had Fitz, Geno and Petty all getting injured and he still didn't see the field. Yes, back in the day a QB would hold a clipboard for 3 years. But that was with players staying in college 4 years and a seasoned veterans playing ahead of them without any free agency. Teams do not have that luxury nowadays and taking the approach of spoon feeding Hack actually hurts him. I just don't see him making that leap to cmpetent QB leading the Jets. The Jets just do not get that lucky.

tbruner12 likes this.
  17. The Waterboy

Do I really need to list the teams that did? And I am not just talking about the last 2-3 seasons. I did say "formerly used" and you acknowledge that in your post.

And it wasn't only all the way back before free agency, it was done through the 70's, 80's 90's and some teams still do it. Romo sat, Brady sat, Rodgers sat, Rodgers even says that sitting helped him and that he thinks it would help many young QBs instead of being rushed to play.

And no matter how many times it is said, it has to be repeated. The team said when they drafted Hack that the plan was to sit him for at least a year. Why is it so hard to to grasp that they stuck with their plan?

One other thing to consider, with the new CBA it makes it easier for a team to sit a QB drafted in the 1st 2 rounds. Where previously that QB was getting a huge guaranteed contract and the team had to know quickly if he was going to make it, they now can at least take a little time to ease the QB in.

Of course there are going to be some QBs that start right away but you mention Carr, he was the 1st rookie QB to ever start opening day for the Raiders. That should tell you that rookie QBs do sometimes sit, JaMarcus Russel sat for most of his 1st year and he was a #1 pick. Rivers sat behind Brees, Culpepper sat behind Cunningham, Pennington sat and I can go on and on.

18. tbruner12

You are right, QB's do sit for a year or so in most cases. The thing is, most QB's sit for reasons other than "spoon feeding him", or "easing him into the situation." when teams draft a QB, they do it for a couple reasons.
    They are either preparing to replace the QB that starts because of age, contract, etc....
    Or they draft because they don't have a QB worth a shit.
    Aaron Rodgers had no choice but to sit with HOF Brett Farve taking the snaps. Even Joe Montana sat due to being behind on the depth chart.
    The rookie QB's that are not to be denied a starting spot, show it early and often. Very few QB's that are franchise material need to be coddled like people are wanting for Hackenberg. The 2-3 year plan that a few believe in on this board, is a joke.
    How many QB's that became franchise QB's, used the "Plan" to propel them to greatness? An even worse scenario, how many had as much trouble as Hack supposedly has, and became a franchise QB?
    Hack has nobody in front of him to wait behind. He has no injuries. He has nothing holding him back but his own ability, or should I say inability?
    This franchise was not in the position to take such a gamble on him, or any other rebuild. Especially considering that Bill Walsh, or any other QB guru, isn't here to pamper Hack until he feels comfortable, confident, and a capable NFL QB.

ColoradoContrails likes this.
  19. tbruner12

Please tell him, NO MORE 2ND ROUND PROJECTS!!! No more crappy QB's! Lol
    I hope he has a killer draft, and in stills some confidence in me pertaining to the draft.
    A killer draft in my eyes would be 3-4 opening day starters at any positions, with potential starters and backups who remain on the team for a few years with the last 3-4 picks.
    I know that's asking a lot, but our team could really use a draft like that.
    On his free agency issues, don't over spend on "almost over the hill big names." On resigns, don't give big money to people who are getting a bigger payday due to potential.
    All I want is a consistent opportunity to be in the playoffs each year.
    A Super Bowl could happen if we are always in the playoffs. I want this team to win first and foremost.

boozer32 likes this.
  20. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

They changed his dropback completely. Footwork is essential for accuracy. Watch Tom Brady throw.

boozer32 likes this.