OL Cut to Date

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by NCJetsfan, Aug 31, 2018.

1. I think their philosophy is that other options would be “marginally” better & prefer to stick w the guys that have been here in Doozier,Harrison & Qvale. Theyre essentially banking on cohesion which has been a pretty common M.O from this regime.

I can understand it to a certain extent but all 5 of the starting OL are injury prone.Not one of the backups other than Dozier who only plays guard can be counted on to win a matchup in pass pro.In other words the depth sucks!

#61 KurtTheJetsFan, Sep 4, 2018
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 4, 2018
    Red Menace, NYJetsO12 and LAJet like this.
  2. The Waterboy

The Waterboy Well-Known Member

Guess you just want to keep proving how illiterate you are.

What he clearly stated was, "it does not matter how good your offense and or defense is, if your starting qb sucks".

You show over and over how much of a dumb fuck you are.

You should have stayed in school past the fourth grade

Harpua likes this.
  3. The Waterboy

So I'm confused. Can you win championships with a QB who sucks because you seemed to say you can't but that Dilfer was a Qb who sucked but won.

Make up your mind

4. DefenseWinsChampionships

5. DefenseWinsChampionships

O.k, I stand corrected. Just went back and read his post.

NCJets fan, you should be ashamed for underestimating the value of a championship caliber O-Line and defense especially after our very own 2009/2010 AFC Championship games behind a powerful O-Line and great defense.

6. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

Sorry if I was unclear. Yes, a team can win a championship with an efficient, game manager at QB. It isn't very likely, but it is possible. No, a team cannot win a championship with a lousy starting QB.
    Dilfer was decent to good game manager. I just called him a lousy game manager because I hate that kind of QB. As game managers go, he was pretty good. The season he won, his OL was very good, he had a good rushing attack, and he was pretty efficient and his D all-time great.

KurtTheJetsFan likes this.
  7. Patriot

Patriot Well-Known Member

I was thinking about what you said and what about Super Bowl 50? These were Peyton Manning stats:

13 for 23 passing for 141 yards and 1 interception.

The defense that game scored two touchdowns for Denver. The final score was 24-10 with Denver beating Carolina.

Nobody would seriously call Peyton Manning just a game manager, but he was not pro bowl hall of fame QB material his last season.

Keep in mind this game was in 2016 so its fairly recent.

However your statement about the QB being an important must I do agree, but there may be more outliers to this theory then we realize, just a thought.

NCJetsfan likes this.
  8. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

Yes, I thought about Peyton Manning when I wrote my response, but as you said, he was no "lousy" QB or just a game manager during his career. By that stage of his career, his arm strength was gone, so he was in effect functioning as a game manager in that regard, but he also had one of the highest football IQs to play the game, so he had that advantage that most "game manager" type QBs don't have. He also had Vonn Miller, and Carolina had a shoddy OL and a starting QB with possibly one of the lowest football IQs ever. I don't remember that many details from the game, but through the haze, I think I remember Carolina self destructing mentally and just not playing well.

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  9. DefenseWinsChampionships

Edit: I apologize I crossed the line and have nothing against NCJetsfan and love him as a Jets fan and as a poster (outside of our heated #28 Curtis Martin debates) and took Newton's low I.Q remark the absolute worst way you're a good dude NCJetsfan my apologies man.

#69 DefenseWinsChampionships, Sep 5, 2018
    Last edited: Sep 5, 2018
  10. stinkyB

stinkyB 2009 Best Avatar Award Winner

Milk
    Eggs
    Orange Juice
    Peaches
    Bannanas
    Spinach
    onion
    Rice
    Beans
    cereal
    Chips and Salsa
    Toilet paper
    dish soap
    toothpaste
    Sierra Nevada

FJF, The Waterboy and MoWilkBeast like this.
  11. MoWilkBeast

MoWilkBeast Well-Known Member

LOL

12. Rollo Tomassi

Rollo Tomassi Well-Known Member

More cut and paste irrelevant and non-responsive lists and now he's pretty much calling @NCJetsfan a racist.

Sweet.

13. The Waterboy

Get ready for the self righteous indignation from NCJetsfan followed by more stat lists from Philly Stacks which doesn't in any way prove Newton's IQ.

Newton has probably a middling football IQ for a QB but makes up for it with his athletic ability.

14. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

The best part about this is nc was just shaming everyone for mocking DWC and DWC comes right back and swings on him.
    I just added this thread to my watch list. I don’t want to miss the rest of this

stinkyB and The Waterboy like this.
  15. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

I question the absence of bacon on this list

TwoHeadedMonster likes this.
  16. stinkyB

stinkyB 2009 Best Avatar Award Winner

17. DefenseWinsChampionships

So I take it there haven't been any notable O-Line cuts that could be figured as upgrades. Figures, as it's hard to steal these guys.

18. mr nyjet

mr nyjet Well-Known Member

that is exactly what i was thinking. i would have tried to get another backup tackle from amongst cuts by the chargers or eagles,even if i had to throw them a 7th pick.

burns me that mac wasted a 2nd on hackenberg while elway got chad kelly for a 7th. elway wasted a 1st on lynch, even worse than mac.

19. Rollo Tomassi

Could be a kosher thing.

20. Rollo Tomassi

The best part is the way he wimped out and called him a racist without really calling him a racist. So weak.