Oh how SWEEP it is!

Discussion in 'Baseball Forum' started by TampaBayJetsFan85, Jul 3, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TampaBayJetsFan85

Wow... The Rays just swept the Red Sox for the 2nd time this year inside the Trop. Oh how Sweep it was!

I went to the 1st game and last nights game and wow! Thats all I can say is "WOW!" We were down 3 runs heading into the 7th and for some reason, just about every fan in the Trop really knew we would come back against this Red Sox team. Once they went to the bullpen, the Croud started getting excited once again. After the 6 runs during the 7th inning, man... The Trop was buzzing like never before... It was really a special feeling as a die hard Rays fan.

I'm born in Queens, I LOVE the Jets, more than the Rays but when I moved to St.Pete, Florida... The Bucs were already here, I cant stand that team and the Rays came a couple years after my family moved to Florida. The Rays have always been "MY Team" and Its exciting right about now.

I remember over the years, fans on this site and Jetnation would always bragg and be bumped up about the Yankees and I would always feel a little jealous, lol. But now I can say that the Rays have the best team in all of baseball! The best OVERALL team! From the lineup, Starting pitching, bullpen pitching, defense... THis team is the BEST team I have ever seen, and I have seen alot of great teams around baseball, I just cant see a weakness in this team. And im not sure I have ever seen a fan base and team as hungry as this Rays squad.

Oh how Sweep it is (Take that Patriot fans!)

#1 TampaBayJetsFan85, Jul 3, 2008
    Last edited: Jul 3, 2008
  2. Attackett

Attackett Well-Known Member

I have hopped on the bandwagon.. Go Rays!

3. AlioTheFool

AlioTheFool Spiveymaniac

:rofl:

So when exactly did you become a Rays fan? :rolleyes:

Best team ever? As in the history of baseball?

You're right, all I can say is: "Wow".

4. SixFeetDeep

SixFeetDeep Red Hot Robbie Cano

dude you only come into this forum once every few weeks after checking that the rays are doing well. no one here takes your "fanhood" seriously. go away.

5. brothermoose

brothermoose Well-Known Member

I was down there Tuesday night, man were those Sux fans pissed...all pouring out in the 8th inning. What a bunch of front-running pansies. I heard they started leaving after the seventh last night.

I NEVER leave/turn off the TV until the game is over, and have no respect for those that do.

6. Attackett

Attackett Well-Known Member

Isn't it a bit hypocritical for a Rays fan to be calling a fan of another team frontrunners? specially fans of the Red Sox no less.

7. Dierking

Dierking Well-Known Member

Around the league thread. Learn it. Know it. Live it. Seriously, why do you think anyone cares that you live and die with the (Devil) Rays?

BTW I've seen little league teams play better than the Sox did last night.

8. AMJets

AMJets Well-Known Member

Best team you've ever seen. :lol:

I guess you started watching baseball this year.

9. brothermoose

brothermoose Well-Known Member

You have a point.

I guess you just have to see what happens downtown when the Beaners or Yankees are in town. It's like ugly Americans in Europe. It's just fun to watch them fall now.

I've been a Yankee fan all my life (31 years). I feel like I earned my stripes because back in elementary school, I was pounded mercilessly by the front-running little Met fans. Same with the Jets later in life. I have never been a front-runner and always stuck by my teams. At least I reaped some benefits with the Yanks '90s dynasty, and BPs teams with the Jets.

I don't much enjoy baseball anymore. It's more of a newspaper sport for me. Fun to keep up with, not to watch. I have been considering an allegiance change for some time now, and always said that if the Rays made a commitment to the fans, then I would probably make the switch. In the past they never seemed to be doing so.

Don't put me on the "Fan List" just yet, but I am going to get me a nice hat pretty soon.

10. Scikotic

Scikotic Banned

Good for the Rays. I dont hate them one bit. But I really doubt they have the staying power that they are portraying. Wait until summer kicks in and the pressure of October mounts. If they are still around on top around the middle of September, then we know they are legit. Don't prematurely blow your wad there buddy.

11. jonnyd

jonnyd 2007 TGG.com Funniest Poster Award Winner

BEST TEAM YOUVE EVER SEEN? Im not even sure what you mean. Because you cant mean what it looks like you mean. know what I MEAN
    ?

12. TampaBayJetsFan85

Just like I have been a die hard Jets fan since the age of 9-10 (Born in Queens), I have been a Rays fan here in St.Pete since 1998.

I dont need a Patriots, Lakers, Yankees team to root for my teams, Im a fan and love the teams who I grew up watching. Im a Jets, Rays, Knicks and Rangers fan... And Im proud of each and every one of those teams... I just cant wait for the Jets in 08! We have a solid team from top to bottom if you ask me.

Thats right, I been a die hard Rays fan since 98... Whats so hard to understand? I guess some people need to ALWAYS have the best team to continue to be a "fan"

As far as the Rays go, Ok... Maybe Im excited like this for the first time in over 11 years, we may not be the best team ever, lol, but this is a Rays team that has tough Starting pitching, a great bullpen and a top 5 defense. Longoria for Rookie of the Year.

By August, this Rays team WILL HAVE the best overall starting rotation in the Majors, hands down, I also follow the Rays prospects. We have three pitching prospects ranked in the top 20 (David Price, Wade Davis and Jacob McGee)

By August this will be the new look Rays rotation

Scott Kazmir (24 years of age)
    James Shields (26 years of age)
    David Price (Baseballs 1st overall draft pick last year)
    Matt Garza (24 years of age)
    Andy Sonnanstine (9-3) I think hes 25

This rotation will be great for years to come... Question my "Fanhood" all you want, I dont need the best teams to love my teams

13. Dierking

Dierking Well-Known Member

Dude, for your sake, someday I hope you achieve some real accomplishments in your life to brag about.

Anyway, its really going to suck for you when all those young guns leave as free agents. Or when they move the team to a city that will turn out more than 15,000 per game.

14. AlioTheFool

AlioTheFool Spiveymaniac

It's not so much that people are questioning your fanhood.

It's more that no one cares.

15. MBGreen

MBGreen Banned

you're kinda like the Stuart Smalley of TGG.com...

"The Rays are good enough, they're tough enough, they're the bestest team ever. Oh, and gosh darn it, I love the Rays". :wink:

[​IMG]

16. AlioTheFool

AlioTheFool Spiveymaniac

:rofl:

This is the second thread today where I could "hear" the dialog in the actor's voice!

17. JoeJet

JoeJet Banned

Congratulations TampaBayFan for having the best young team in baseball OR should I just say the BEST team in baseball period. Stuart Sternberg, now the principal owner, is from Brooklyn originally and made zillions of dollars on Wall Street. He was on the Joe B and Evan Roberts show yesterday on WFAN and said all the KEY young players will be signed early to competitive contracts. He ALREADY signed Evan Longoria, a rookie, to a 5 or 7 year extention (I am not sure). He already has completed negotiations to build and complete a 45,000 seat stadium in the Tampa area with the city. He is throwing in 145 million of his own dollars. Additionally, Tampa Bay had the number one pick in this years draft and drafted the number one rated shortshop and last year they drafted the number one rated pitcher. This franchise has an unbelievable future - whether they win this year or not - WATCH OUT American League.

18. TampaBayJetsFan85

Dierking
    Anyway, its really going to suck for you when all those young guns leave as free agents. Or when they move the team to a city that will turn out more than 15,000 per game.

Do you even follow baseball? Because its clear to see you know NOTHING about the Rays, lol. Fan attendance is up 40% from last year, and last year was also up from previous years. We have been selling games out @ the Trop like crazy this year...And Boston fans made NO NOISE this whole series. 70/30 Rays fans this time. They also have contract with the city of St.Pete, they CANT leave for another 20 years. (Why do you think they are tying to build the waterfront in St.Pete instead of Tampa?) Because this Rays team cant leave St.Pete for another city. With this recent Sucess, fans will be here for years to come.

Players leaving the Rays? Now thats FUNNY man.

Kazmir-Signed long term (SP)
    James Shields-Signed long term (SP)
    David Price-Signed long term (Last years #1 overall draft pick) (SP)
    Carlos Pena-Signed long term (1B)
    Aki Iwimura-Signed long term (2B)
    Evan Longoria-Signed long term (3B)
    Tim Beckham- Signed long term (This years #1 Overall pick) (SS)
    Navarro-Signed long term (Catcher)
    Crawford-Signed long term (LF)
    B.J Upton (Signing long term after the season) The Rays also have the rights to Upton for another 3 years. (CF)

Every player, other than Pena who is 31 and Iwimura who is 30, is signed Long term. Just about the whole lineup other than a right fielder and DH is signed LONG TERM and we have three starting pitcher signed long term. Matt Garza will also be here for a while.

19. AMJets

AMJets Well-Known Member

It better get done. There's no worse looking TV stadium than Tropicana Field, and since they're going to be on national TV more than in the past, they need something presentable.

20. TampaBayJetsFan85

lol, I can tell you are no "Dierking"

You actually follow baseball, I can tell with that post. Your not a Rays fan but you knew alot about them. Same with the Diamondbacks and Brewers of the National league, they have amazing young talent and farm systems.

And your right about our new owner... Before you know it, this Rays team will be competing with the Red Sox and Yankees in terms of pay roll, if he wanted to, they could... But I think hes doing it the right way. Once we stop getting top draft picks, we will have to spend in free agency, every team does.

But they are saying the Rays are the only American league team with the talent in the farm system to go after players like C.C Sabathia.

Also players like Jason Bay and Eavier Nady could fill Fight field for the Rays, Adam Dunn could also be a DH option.

The Rays WILL make a move before the trade deadline

And even if we trade for C.C and he leaves as a free agent in the offseason, the Rays would then get 2 first round draft picks if that were to happen

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.