**OFFICIAL** Brandon Marshall Thread

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by RedWhiteBlue&Green, Sep 1, 2009.

1. RedWhiteBlue&Green

RedWhiteBlue&Green Active Member

According to the New York Post, the Broncs are looking for a team to trade Marshall to... http://blogs.nypost.com/sports/backpage/archives/2009/09/report_broncos.html. I'm hoping the Jets make a move.

I know that he was caught on video acting like a baby, but he wouldn't be on the clock if he wanted to stay on the Broncos. So I consider his acting immature a blessing for the Jets, if they choose to take a chance on him.

The Jets have a better than average defense, a great offensive line, and a great running back corps.

The Jets also have a good crop of young wide receivers. But what they really need is a star. His name is Brandon Marshall. I think the Jets are one of the few teams with the guts to pull the trigger.

2. Jet Blue

Jet Blue New Member

Seems like all the Great WR's are head cases....

Might as well get one now.

3. Gang Greener

Gang Greener Member

Exactly, he'd definitely bring more swagger to out offense..cant hurt to have another big target for Sanchez.

4. Jets n Boys

Jets n Boys Banned

I would make a move for it. Offer a conditional 3rd that can change to a 1st. Broncos got nothing to lose as the 3rd will be raised to a first the same yr., and they get rid of the baby.

I know he's acting like a baby, but consider the reason why. He wants out of Broncos and will do anything. If he wants out of NY two yrs from now, then we'll get something out of him before we let go aswell.

He's a special talent on the football field. If we can grab him, and he remains a Jets for the next 6-8 years (along with Cotch and Washington), this Jets team can go deeper in the postseason with a few other starters on offense.

PS. Losing a first rounder on him does not mean losing a pick. We are getting a proven player in return. We r not just throwing away the pick like some of us suggest.

5. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 2018 Funniest Member Award Winner

Let's see if this is one of Mike Florio's actual scoops or if it's just one of his many grasping attempts to get people to read his worthless site.

6. xxedge72x

xxedge72x 2018 Gang Green QB Guru Award Winner

With the Broncos having waited until the 11th hour, they're now sort of in a position of desperation... the tables are turned on them for negotiation, and I hope if the Jets do make a move it's a reasonable one...

If we could land him at a good price, he'd be tremendous for the offense this season... absolutely change the dynamic of it.

And yes, he's a girl beater who deserves to be beaten for every time he's laid a finger on a woman.

7. rmagedon

rmagedon Active Member

Marshall is on the clock? Who's clock? Broncos' clock? Why is he on their clock? Someone please get him down from the Broncos' clock. This immature behavior is getting way out of hand.

8. IIMeanDeanII

IIMeanDeanII Well-Known Member

I don't care how good this guy is, I despise all these cry baby diva's, who make a ass load of money. What is there to cry about? I don't want that drama here, take it somewhere else.

He is a women beater, anyone that will lay their hands on a women, probably aint worth a damn anyway. This guy will probably never change, he is going to end up just like the other "immature" players. Pacman, Chris Henry, etc..

#8 IIMeanDeanII, Sep 1, 2009
    Last edited: Sep 1, 2009
  9. MBGreen

MBGreen Banned

I wonder if we're gonna re-gurgitate all the previous thoughts, points, and arguments in this thread.....from the previous 50 "Brandon Marshall" threads in this forum.

maybe we can get some Virtual Vegas action on this.

10. Jets n Boys

Jets n Boys Banned

That I agree every bit.

What is a good price for him that Broncos will bite on? There will be a bidding war, keep in mind. I don't think we can get him with anything less than a 2nd. A 2nd would be a steel aswell IMO. Conditional 3rd that can move upto a first should keep us safe aswell.

11. WhiteShoeWillis

WhiteShoeWillis Well-Known Member

It depends on what they're going to give us in return for taking this cunt. I'd demand at least a 3rd round pick.

12. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

Probably need more than a blog before we have a full fledged rumor.

13. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

Mike Florio Wrote This

Do Not Take Seriously

14. bigalxc

bigalxc Active Member

I would not give up more then 2nd round pick for this guy. Hes a complete headcase

15. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

He will end up on the Pats for a 4th round pick in 2012.

16. MBGreen

MBGreen Banned

oh rly?

I noticed who posted the thread......so there was the off-chance that the tooth fairy or Papa Smurf could've written the article too.

17. BadgerOnLSD

BadgerOnLSD Banned

Is there a chance that Marshall is on the block as well?

18. RedWhiteBlue&Green

RedWhiteBlue&Green Active Member

I look at it like this... The Jets depth chart at receiver has Brad Smith as the number 4. That's my perception. What if, G-d forbid, one of the top three gets hurt? The team is screwed. And we don't know how the top three will perform during the regular season anyway.

Sanchez looked good in the last game. He was poised, and he was accurate. If I'm the Jets, I'm thinking that he is a stable qb, even as a rookie.

If the Jets think they have a chance to make the playoffs or more, they need to get Marshall, even if it takes a first round pick. And teams are bidding for him, so it may take a first round pick. Maybe more.

But if the Jets want to make the playoffs, they'll need to upgrade at WR. It'll be tough, if they don't. I like Brad Smith, but anyone here want to take the chance of having him play every other down?

19. JetsNation06

JetsNation06 Well-Known Member

This sounds like more BS. The Broncos want Marshall to play this year because if he doesn't then they get shitty return for him.

They want him to come back, put up big numbers and then trade him after the season when his stock it at a high again.

If he is being made available now, then I would give them a 2nd rounder for him. He's that good.

20. 624

624 Banned

Who will Marshall draft? What round is it?