NOT Impressed w/ new stadium

Discussion in 'Jets Experience' started by rickjet, Nov 1, 2010.

1. LeonNYJ

LeonNYJ Well-Known Member

The only thing that really bothered me was that dumb ramp going out to the parking lot. What a mess that thing is.

2. Jets n Boys

Jets n Boys Banned

You like the luxury, but you like to pay for it. Good for you. Keep bitching. The prices might come down

3. Jets201

Jets201 New Member

Exactly, what could be worse than walking into a stadium for our home games that says in huge capital letters "GIANTS STADIUM"

As far as ticket and food prices, what else can we expect, this is the New York market and teams here will always summarily fleece the customers because of this.

Yea, it cost $300 mil less to build the Cowboys stadium. But that stadium was built in Texas, you can buy a house for like 50 bucks out there

4. sg3

sg3 Banned

the stadium is excellent unless you made the decision to not pay even the smallest PSLs and are stuck up in the ionosphere unable to see the players on the field. Pretty amazing really, since really nice seats in the LLEZ and Mezz B could have been grabbed for only 2500 bucks a ticket (a pittance when paid over 5 or 15 years) that would have made the game experience (especially in the LL) the magnificent one it is for those of us who made the decision to sit down there.

I think there are still a few of these seats that open up for sale when STH move into the available club seats or when the Jets reallocate their seats required to be held for opposing teams by the NFL.

Makes no sense, really to not enjoy a live NFL game for the next 15 years or more over a few dollars. Just my opinion, though

5. DJphinfan

DJphinfan Member

wow, would you guys say that the owners and architect's did not have crowd noise and intimacy in the thought process when constructing the stadium....BIG mistake if that is true..

I dont hear anyone {your own fans} talking about how your new stadium is loud and difficult to play in if your the opponent..

Now I know some will say, that its just the fans who determine that, but I will disagree with that notion, I think stadium configuration has everything to do with producing a consistent hostile environment, just logistic's..

Great news for me, the old stadium was very difficult to play in from the aspect of intimidation, and crowd noise, so happy to hear that it doesn't match up in those crucial dept's.

6. pats-hater

pats-hater Active Member

You remind me of this other poster here that annoys the shit out of me.

Every post I've read of yours today is all about the intimacies of the new stadium and how it was designed and blah, blah, blah....

7. asbcheeks

asbcheeks Member

FYP

filler

8. pats-hater

pats-hater Active Member

Who the fuck are you to talk for those of us that didn't buy a PSL?

I could have afforded the PSL but decided with the 400 mile round trip to every game that I've been doing for 5+ years now and the 100 mile trip I did for many years before I moved North made the PSL not worth it.

I have no problem with my seats, I'm glad I don't have a PSL.

You think my game day experience isn't magnificent? You're crazy. I don't need a PSL to enjoy the games. Where do you come up with this shit?

9. sg3

sg3 Banned

just offered my opinion asscheeks....

if you're happy where you are, I'm happy for you

10. pats-hater

pats-hater Active Member

You didn't just offer your opinion, you made an assumption that you stated as fact that the stadium experience is not "excellent" for those of us without a PSL.

11. Chrebet86

Chrebet86 Active Member

The upper deck is where the wild things are.

12. pats-hater

pats-hater Active Member

:metal:Best place to be....:metal:

13. Chrebet86

Chrebet86 Active Member

Yea id rather go nuts without having to tell some old lady to shut her trap when she tells me to sit down on 3rd down.

Plus the personal satisfaction not of paying into the "BSL" of a "PSL" or whatever they wanna call it, its stealing how can Jets and Giants fans have the same rights to the same seats for every event at the stadium? I just dont get it, nor do I care really because Id never pay for it anyway.

14. GrindHouse

GrindHouse Member

Any fights up in the upper deck yet or has it been nothing but peace and love?

15. BadgerOnLSD

BadgerOnLSD Banned

<------------------

16. sg3

sg3 Banned

seriously

virtually ALL of the "I hate the stadium" posts I've read here are from UDers. If there are some of you like patshater and Chrebet that are happy to be watching tiny ants on the field wearing a parachute, that's fine with me. If it gives you great pleasure that you don't have to pay that few bucks a year for a LLEZ or Mezz B or even Mezz A PSL that could have made the game viewable, that's fine with me, too

I'm happy for you

17. Gator

Gator Active Member

Clyde: Yeah...HAHA...So sg3 omnipotent in the stadium threads trying to incur the wrath of the upper deckers!

18. MurrellMartin

MurrellMartin Well-Known Member

Join the list of thousands who are left unimpressed.

I'm a PSL holder and I'm unimpressed, aside from the big scoreboards and bigger bathrooms. Everything else is the same. Yeah, more selections and concession stands but the lines move SLOWER than ever before. You could stand there for 25 minutes. Screw that.

19. Rockefella

Rockefella Trolls

You come off as a complete douche. Do you even own a PSL with the money that came out of your wallet or is it daddy's?

20. rgoltsch

rgoltsch New Member

At the risk of being flamed, I'll throw my hat in the ring. I like the new stadium, I think they did what they needed to do to make the new place a home for the Jets....not just that other team.

I was able to move my seats up to the mezzanine where I have wanted to be for a few years. While my old seats were nice down on the lower level at row 2 at the goal line, I wanted to see more of the game than just from the 40 yard line in. In the old place, I tried to move my seats, either up a level, or a few rows back...but they were never available. I was stuck.

The new stadium and all the seat movement gave me a shot to move where I wanted to sit. Luckily for me, I was able to afford the new Club Corner seats, so I have access to the club for those cold fall and winter days upcoming (Only for before the game or at halftime, the rest of the time is firmly in my seat). I had a choice not available before.

We should all be happy that at least we had a choice on where we got to sit. I have a friend that is stuck near the top row of the stadium for the other team. He tried to change his seat location, but was told nothing was available....except for the expensive club seats....not even some of the higher priced seats on the lower level were available for him. Choice is good.

The best part of being an upper deck seatholder this year is you can simply walk away at the end of the season. No loss of PSL fees. Another choice the other team doesn't offer.

Sorry for not jumping on the "I Hate the Stadium" bandwagon. It works for my family and I. To us, it is a big upgrade over the old place.