Next Year = Adrian Peterson

Discussion in 'NCAA' started by jaybo1015, Apr 30, 2006.

1. jaybo1015

jaybo1015 New Member

we sured up the o-line this year to make way for adrian peterson/brady quinn in next years draft. i know it is 364 days away but still with guys like Calvin Johnson, Ted Ginn, Michael Bush, i cant help but think that what we did this year was the right move with brick/mangold....

to all the people who wanted an impact player this year(leinart/bush), dont worry he is coming, but not till next years draft

2. 1028

1028 Active Member

Hes not comin out next year...I like Dwayne Jarrett, Alley Broussard, LaRon Landry, and Marshawn Lynch the most of all the players next year (check the av).

Im gonna get crucified for it, but if we were pickin tomorrow, this would be my draft through round 2...

1- OT Justin Blalock
    2- WR Steve Smith
    2- RB Alley Broussard

3. Nesquik

Nesquik Well-Known Member

How do u know he's not coming out, i made a similar thred like this yesterday but i guess few people saw it cause they were so pissed about the 3rd round.
    I think Adrian is gonna come out why not he has no competition at rb, the next closest is Michael Bush,he's a guaranteed top 3 pick. Along with maybe Calvin Johnson and Jarret i think we get should target 1 of those 2 along with Peterson.

4. 1028

1028 Active Member

Sorry, I forgot to type in the original post, but Peterson has been quoted as promising to stay his 4 years...

If I may add to my mock...

1- Justin Blalock, OT, Texas
    2- Steve Smith, WR, USC
    2- Alley Broussard, RB, LSU
    3- Josh Beekman, BC, OG

5. jaybo1015

jaybo1015 New Member

Peterson is a preseason heisman candidate, if they have a succesful year i dont see why he wouldnt come out....

edit-i have not heard peterson say that, but if its true i now like this guy even more

6. JETSimpala

JETSimpala New Member

I would want Marshawn Lynch. Is he only a sophmore?

7. dwalsh

dwalsh 2006 TGG.com Rookie of the Year Award Winner

what about Michael Bush?

8. jaybo1015

jaybo1015 New Member

i mentioned M.Bush in my first post.... he could be a darkhorse for the heisman

9. 1028

1028 Active Member

:up: Lynch is a bit undersized but would be a sweet addition. Check the av. And yes, hes a sophmore (and a rising junior)

I really like Broussard though, he such a bruising back and hes got some nice speed to him too. With Addai out hell get more carries and could have a breakout season

10. Green Hurricane

Green Hurricane Footsteps Falco

I think Peterson's going to have a huge season, 2000+ yards and a Heisman trophy, in which case he'll have to go pro. Especially when you consider the ticky tack injuries he seems to rack up, it'll be in his best interest.

I love Lynch as well, kid's got some unreal speed and quickness, I think he's got room to really add on some strength; and what he does with the football in his hands is simply unnatural. He's like a faster Laurence Maroney, because he looks physically bigger than he truly is.

I'm not a huge fan of Michael Bush's draft prospects myself. He can have a big season at Louisville, but I don't think he'll go much if any higher than Eric Shelton did last year. His size (6-5, 240) just makes for a very odd transition to the NFL, there is such a thing to me as being too big to play RB unless he's a freak talent. Bush may end up in the NFL as a WR or TE, he's got the skills to go out there, really up to him. I could very well be overanalyzing it, need to see how he does this year.

I too like Broussard from LSU, big, fast, just needs an opportunity. Had he not gotten hurt before the year, he could have been the one going in the first, not Addai.

The WRs next year are going to be ridiculous though. Potential to have Dwayne Jarrett, Calvin Johnson, Jeff Samardzija, Ted Ginn, Sidney Rice, and Jarrett Hicks (a personal favorite of mine). All of them could be better than any one guy in this class. Plus, because I have to, 3 kids from Miami, any one of which could be a first rounder if they actually damn put it together, in Ryan Moore, Darnell Jenkins, and Lance Leggett. Same for the LSU kids, Bowe and Doucet both are crazy talents, got to do it consistently.

Oh, and watch out for Georgia's RBs as well. Lumpkin's coming back from injury, Danny Ware is there, as is Thomas Brown. All have their own strengths, all can be very good down the line.

11. 1028

1028 Active Member

Yeah the talent in next years WR class will be insane. Lots of good RBs as well, and Im feeling a bit blue we took Kellen Clemens with all the QBs in next years draft as well :sad:

Agree about the talent out of LSU, Im very high on the team going into next year. Justin Vincent is another guy to keep an eye out for. And man oh man I cant wait to see Perrilloux get some time :)

Lets not forget about the line either, with tackles like Joe Thomas, Justin Blalock, Jake Long, Ryan Harris, Levi Brown. That would be a great time to address RT for the team...Blalock and Long are my favorite prospects

#11 1028, Apr 30, 2006
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 18, 2005
  12. Green Hurricane

Can't forget Sam Baker out of USC. He's got the talent to be the #1 player chosen in whatever draft he decides to come out to, whether that happens is up to the team, but the skills are there. He and Joe Thomas should be battling for that spot all year. Ryan Kalil is the Center from SC, probably won't be that highly taken, but he's a quality player as well.

DE's sick too, with Adam Carricker from Nebraska, Gaines Adams from Clemson, Darius Sanders from Oregon, Lawrence Jackson from SC, list goes on. Look out for Kareem Brown on Miami as well, could have a Bunkley type season.

13. 1028

1028 Active Member

Garrgh howd I forget Sam Baker :mad:

The #1 pick though? I dont know that hell be a better prospect than Brick, but he may be a cut right below

14. Nesquik

07 Targets

RBs
    Adrian Peterson
    He is the only guy we should worry about in that position, if he doesnt come out unless something changes dont even draft a rb.

WRs
    Dwayne Jarrett
    Calvin Johnson
    Jeff Samardzija
    Those 3 guys should be good i prefer Calvin Johnson out of all of them, but any of them would be fine.

LBs
    Gaines Adams/OLB/ 3-4,Clemson
    Quentin Moses/OLB/ 3-4,Georgia
    Both great pass rushers and could fit with us

DE
    Baraka Atkins/DE/3-4,Miami(FL)
    He fits well played Dt last year and will play DE this year for Miami.

S
    Brandon Meriweather,Miami(FL)
    Laron Landry,LSU
    Prefer Meriweather here safety not a huge need but could be improved.

#14 Nesquik, Apr 30, 2006
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 18, 2005
  15. 1028

1028 Active Member

Why would you prefer to not even address RB if Peterson's not available? Thats a bad decision IMO

I would take Blalock to round out the line and make us completely dominant up front. Then it really dosent even matter who you put at RB, because any old shmuck will be able to hit those huge holes. Even so, Broussard isnt just anyone. Hes a 250 pound bruiser with 4.5 speed who'll probably hold a draft grade similar to Addai's this year. Then Id take Steve Smith, another burner and a gamechanger wholl probably hold a grade similar to Moss' this year, who'll drop due to the glut of talent at the position. I really think that would be such a sweet draft

16. Davenu

Davenu New Member

Why is everyone assuming the Jets will have a top 5 pick to get these guys? If the entire team did not get hurt last year the Jets could have been in contention for a playoff spot.

Even if Chad is never the same this team will win enough to be around 10-15 in next years draft.

If the Jets just keep this up and draft smart Deuce will be available in two years when the Saints have to cut him because they can't afford two RB taking up 40% of their salary cap. Then they can get the RB to replace Martin.

If Chad is old Chad this team is a playoff team still. I think it will be just a matter of time until the Jets are back in the Championship game. 2008 will be the year of the Jets.

17. Green Hurricane

You a Cane fan Nesquick? I can't imagine any non cane fan really giving Meriweather his props, and knowing that Baraka is moving back to DE this year.

Great call on Quentin Moses as well, he's a serious talent.

1028, I think Sam Baker could end up as one of the better OT prospects in the past decade (meaning since the days of Pace/Jones/etc). Remember, he was just a sophomore last year, so he's still got a lot of time to improve himself. If I were a betting man, I'd say that he's a better prospect than Brick when his time comes. That's really interesting too, considering that Joe Thomas will be right there with him if Baker leaves after this year.

18. Nesquik

Yessir Meriweather is so underrated this guy was our best player last year.

19. Nesquik

Because i think the rb class is weak and we shouldnt draft one if it isn't Pete seeing your avi u probably like the kid from cal but me i dont like him as much, who knows things could change this season and he could change my opinion.

20. Green Hurricane

Couldn't agree more about Meriweather my man. Welcome to the board, great to have another Jet/Cane fan. There's more of us here than you'd imagine.