New School GOT Schooled!

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Cman68, Feb 4, 2019.

1. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

Hate Belichek all you want, but the man is a genius. All the folks drooling over the Rams and their youth are probably wondering what happened. Old School Coaching and techniques still have a place in today 's Madden NFL.

I think, and this is my opinion, We will regret passing on McCarthy for Gase.

There... I said it!!!

2. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

Amazing what happens when you lose the elite running back that made your offense tick huh...

Go sign Bell.

3. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

McVay coulda had Barry Sanders in his prime and they weren't gonna win. He was outcoached like a fool.

papapump, Mogriffjr and SOJAZ like this.
  4. DefenseWinsChampionships

Tom Brady who? Bill is the real genius and one hell of a coach. That defensive game plan was genius and held the Rams to 3 points? Insane.

I'm so numb to N.E winning I don't even care anymore who wins it all anymore i just hope before me and my older brother die we get to experience a Jets celebration together.

Go sign LeVeon Bell and give Sam Darnold a fucking chance and build the offensive line while they're at it...

egelband, Andy_M, SOJAZ and 1 other person like this.
  5. Ill be damned before i kiss that cheating reptile’s ass.

Jet fans deserve to see their team blow out that piece of human garbage & that abhorrent team.

boozer32, K'OB, mrmajix and 1 other person like this.
  6. AJT73

AJT73 Well-Known Member

Not happy with the outcome but as someone said I'm numb to the Patriots winning. Absolutely loved the game. I loved seeing the defnesive game. I miss games like this. Every play is important. The Gronk catch was huge the lone td. Made every play that much more important. It was a chess match. Reminded me of 85 Bears and the 86 90 Giants. Great defenses. Coaches thinking. It was fun. Others won't think that but I do. I miss that kind of football.

Pepsiguy5, Noam, SOJAZ and 1 other person like this.
  7. DefenseWinsChampionships

Are you kidding me?!? Look at my username on here. I dislike the outcome but loved the game. Offense does sell meal tickets and offense does drive your team into the playoffs but DEFENSE does WIN CHAMPIONSHIPS. Always has, and always will.

SOJAZ likes this.
  8. Jets69

Jets69 Well-Known Member

Oh come on he is a genius, dude was embarrassed, if not for Wade Phillips they would've gotten killed

papapump, SOJAZ and BrowningNagle like this.
  9. AJT73

AJT73 Well-Known Member

I think we're saying the same thing. I loved how it was a defensive game. I think defense wins championships too but the las two Super Bowls were all offense. Happy to see a defensive battle. Like you hopefully we can win one in our lifetimes.

10. Jets69

Jets69 Well-Known Member

Tom Brady who??? please, he's the greatest QB who ever played the game , the Patriots have dominated the NFL for almost 2 decades because of him, if he doesn't retire they'll be back in the Superbowl again

11. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

I won't argue that. They abandoned everything that worked for them, but I also wonder how much of that was Gurley not being out there. But also... why wasn't he out there? There has to be some medical reason. Otherwise McVay just completely unraveled and overthought things.

12. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 2018 Funniest Member Award Winner

Cman,

Belichick may be old, but he's more innovative than any other coach in the league. Let's not act like he trotted some dinosaur philosophy out there and beat cutting edge techniques, he just does new school better than anyone.

Belichick and McCarthy aren't on the same planet.

Biggs, Mr mittens, PJ4Ever and 10 others like this.
  13. phubbadaman

phubbadaman Well-Known Member

Their offensive woes really go back to when Cooper Kupp was injured. Gurley disappearing didn't help either

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  14. Dierking

Dierking Well-Known Member

It really fucking hurt me to like this post

boozer32 likes this.
  15. BrowningNagle

yup, Belichick figured out his offense and he couldn't adjust.

Andy_M likes this.
  16. BrowningNagle

Someone on this website predicted it, like a couple years ago or whatever. I can't find the post but they said everyone is gonna load up on these small linebackers to stop teams like the Patriots who run the spread and then belichick is just gonna switch back with a bunch of maulers and take advantage of those small linebackers.

Fuck whoever said that. You were right, but fuck you

17. BrowningNagle

eh.. Gurley didn't do much even when he was out there. He was hurt though, I'll acknowledge that but I dont think it woulda made much difference. I was extra pissed about the Saints screw job because I knew the Rams were too soft. their recievers last night acted like it was the first time anyone had ever pressed them at the line of scrimmage

boozer32 likes this.
  18. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

Bowles said something close to this this year and was soundly ridiculed on the board for it.

19. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

The Phil Eagles had the best game plan/Team to beat NE...The Rams got too cute last night and should have continued to try to run it more..Goff back in the pocket was disastrous

Yes, I think another NFC team would have done a better job last night eg Saints/Brees/Payton

boozer32 likes this.
  20. Jets81

Jets81 Well-Known Member

Didn’t do him much good.