New Buffalo Bills HC - Rex Ryan (per Schefter)

Discussion in 'National Football League' started by scott dierking II, Jan 11, 2015.

1. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

Good for Revis. So once again he will be hugely overpaid for his contributions.

2. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

Typical Pegula family move... They run their teams like someone at the bar.

They wanted their first hire to be a splash, a "face of the franchise" type.. All which has nothing to do with football.

They got THAT though, that's for sure. They just brought the circus to town.

As a Jets fan I am quite happy. I look forward to at least 3 years of terrible behind the times offense, mind boggling in game decisions, frustrating "flat" performances and a whirlwind of distractions coming to a division rival.. Woo hoo this will be fun!

As for Rex, even though I thought he was an overrated coach, I always liked his personality- I'm glad he got a job but he should've waited for the Atlanta one, oh well he will have a successful tv career in 3 years after the Bills experiment fails

Poeman and Cman68 like this.
  3. jilozzo

jilozzo Well-Known Member

i sure am

4. Poeman

Poeman Well-Known Member

"I did not come here to kiss Quinn's rings"

Fixed.

5. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

Woody did the same thing 15 years ago. What they don't understand is the baggage that comes with Rex Ryan.That would be the defense centric, offense starved, nuance deprived games. They also just created the new destination of the Ryan Circus Crazy Train.

I really don't blame them though. Buffalo needs something to make them relevant again. Now they'll rule the Western New York Media back pages like the Roman Empire.

BrowningNagle likes this.
  6. SteveGrogan

SteveGrogan Well-Known Member

It's really difficult to not like him for his loyalty. He's always backing up everyone... and nobody seems to do the reverse.

7. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

Rex tenure with us was good while it lasted but it is now time to move on and stop the whinning...not to mention living in the past. Revis, Sanchez, Rex....I just don't give a fuck now. Let's start building this team with youth and speed on both sides of the ball. Don't underestimate with our cap room what a good GM can do for us in short term.

Please.No more parochial loyalty roster, or playing talent out of position, or glorious proclamations that never materialize. Let's for once be quiet off the field, and on the field carry a big stick. Let hope we can play Rex after a Buffalo buy, because he is the master motivator at preparing a team given time.

If Rex takes with him his existing D staff the better....hell, their current DC is far better that any in the lot here, and don't think he will get along with Rex. It actually could be a step down. Hope he also takes the whole OC staff too. What a bunch of loosers.

Meantime we should go after Dick Lebau ( spelling) for our D or as assistant coach. Why not?

Hummm, By the way, for those of you clamoring for Sanchez, if the guru of Offense in Philly thinks he is not worth keeping, then bet your bottom dollar that Sanchez will not be the answer no matter where he goes.

As icing on the cake let's hope that Metha also gets shipped to some weekly rag in no mans land somewhere around Buffalo, so may be the angry Bills mob can give him a trip on a barrel down Niagara Falls.

8. Poeman

Poeman Well-Known Member

I'd make Dick a Assistant Head Coach if needed!

9. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

Who cares, he looked pretty beatable yesterday agains a good QB. Bring in Kubiak

10. Footballgod214

Footballgod214 Well-Known Member

Huge win for Buff. Double win....they swap Mallone for the best HC in the AFCE.

We can probably kiss Quinn goodby as well....he ain't goanna want to face Belicheck AND Ryan twice a year. No fricken way.

11. legler82

legler82 Well-Known Member

For guy who many of the "experts" on this board thought would never see HC job that's not bad.

12. legler82

legler82 Well-Known Member

Because you know them better than they know themselves.

13. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

Yep, and Tebow to the Pats... About the same if you ask me. None where negative moves.

14. Poeman

Poeman Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

15. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

You mean unlike us, who would either loose more ground or called yet another wasted TO

16. pclfan

pclfan Well-Known Member

The bottom line is: this is good news for the Jets. A mediocre coach and his staff goes to a division rival. Advantage: NYJ!

17. GreenWhiteandGold

GreenWhiteandGold Well-Known Member

Those bills fans are going to end up thinking Marrone's offensive was out of this world by the time Rex is through with them.
    Jeff Rheinhold just said on television here that Greg Roman would be rexs hire as oc which is perfect for Rex as from talking to rob he knows all Rex wants to do "is run the ball on every down" and roman is more then happy to do it

18. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

Yeah.. The best HC in the AFCE that hasn't won a damn thing as opposed to the best HC in the AFCE that's been to the championship game multiple times and a few rings to show for it.

#418 Cman68, Jan 11, 2015
    Last edited: Jan 11, 2015
  19. mileena

mileena Member

I read that Rex turned down San Francisco too because of potential problems with the front office (they don't like coaches with big personalities there).

20. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

This may be a done deal, in fact it probably is a done deal but what if the unnamed sources claimed here are the same unnamed sources Mehta used all year? Would everybody who complained about them still be so concerned?