Need Suite Advice

Discussion in 'Jets Experience' started by Brook!, Oct 30, 2013.

1. Brook!

Brook! Soft Admin...2018 Friendliest Member Award Winner

I will take my kids to Oakland game and suite prices for that game is around 250 per pop.

I expect price to go down as we get closer.

2 questions

Are suites appropriate for 7 year old boys? I don't want to look stupid taking 2 kids to a suite.

The reason I want to take them to suite is because this will be their first game and I want to protect them from cold and make it interesting for them.

Club tickets are crazy expensive and idea of watching the game indoors in a suite is exciting.

Suggestions welcome.

2. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

yes it is ok to take kids into a suite, there are indoor and outdoor seats in those suites so they can sit outside if they want as well.

3. Brook!

Thanks junc

What I am worried is, the suite is for 24 people. There will be multiple groups filling the suite. Are chances of seeing jerks higher than say nosebleeds?

I want to avoid them seeing drunks cursing etc.

That's why I refused to take them to games but on the other hand I felt bad for not creating a wonderful childhood memory.

Suite looked like a good option but if I am going to spend that much money, I want to make sure it is a good environment for my boys.

Thanks for your comment by the way.

4. nyjunc

You never know but I would say the chances of seeing jerks is lower.

Either way use it as a lesson on how not to act. I have taken my son to many games and if someone is acting like an idiot I explain it to him.

5. JStokes

JStokes Well-Known Member

I've sat in the suites a bunch of times and generally the folks there are very very well behaved. The risks of you running into drunken jerks is much lower in a suite, however you still have to walk around on the concourse so you can't fully insulate yourself or your kids.

It's a very good environment but different then if you were out in the crowd.

And again, a lot of the jerkiness can be avoided if you yourself act in a composed manner, which I'm assuming because (i) you're bringing your kids and (ii) you wouldn't be asking these questions if you were intending on raging your ass off. :grin:

_

6. Brook!

Thanks junc. I would love to be able to watch a game with you.

J

Me and my wife decided not to take my boys to a game this year. Plan is to take them to a game next year. No I don't go to games to rage. I don't even wear any Jets stuff. I just go with plain clothes and enjoy the game atmosphere. Hopefully we can watch a game at a suite together. Thanks for the info.

7. nyjunc

get a couple of extra suite tickets and I will be glad to join you:grin:

8. Brook!

Why not if prices drop 50 bucks a suite ticket :grin: