NCAA Fixtures 2015

Discussion in 'NCAA' started by Leicester Jet, Oct 18, 2014.

1. Leicester Jet

Leicester Jet Well-Known Member

I see that the NCAA fixtures are out for 2015. I'm new to college football and wondered if anyone could explain how they are drawn up.

NFL fixtures don't come out until after the previous season has finshed, so obviously they are done on a different basis.

2. JStokes

JStokes Well-Known Member

Are we talking lighting equipment here?

_

3. Leicester Jet

Ha, ha - no, next years games.

I see Alabama have 7 home games 4 away and 1 on a neutral ground next year and I wondered how this can happen?

4. JetsHuskers fan

JetsHuskers fan Well-Known Member

every team usually has 7 home games. Nebraska has 7 this year and 7 next year.

5. Leicester Jet

Right, thanks - but back to my original question, who decides on the fixtures? Is it the team or the league?

6. JetsHuskers fan

JetsHuskers fan Well-Known Member

7. Leicester Jet

Brilliant - thanks - just what I wanted :D

8. Barry the Baptist

Barry the Baptist Hello son, would you like a lolly?

College is quite a bit different than the NFL in that the bigger schools pay a lot of money for the smaller schools to essentially be sacrificial lambs. Perfect example....my alma mater UNLV travels to Michigan in 2015. Michigan paid UNLV probably like 750K to a million bucks for that one ass kicking we will receive. For a school like UNLV which bleeds money during football season that's a big deal. That being said we also just had a 1 for 1 with the University of Arizona. They came to Vegas last season and this season we went to Tucson (we lost both) but sometimes it backfires, we traveled for what they call a "bodybag game" to Arizona State a few years ago got paid probably half a million and walked out of their stadium with a win and essentially derailed their entire season.

All these games are negotiated by the athletic departments and also the coaches. Alabama played Colorado State last season with Colorado State traveling to Tuscaloosa but Saban went easy on CSU as the Rams head coach was a former assistant of Saban's.

Leicester Jet likes this.
  9. JStokes

JStokes Well-Known Member

Yeah but UNLV can just go take that $1 mill, slap it down on black and bingo they've got some CASH.

_