MYLES GARRETT ASKS JERRY JONES, COWBOYS TO TRADE UP TO SELECT HIM IN NFL DRAFT

Discussion in 'Draft' started by RubenDias, Feb 11, 2017.

1. RubenDias

RubenDias Well-Known Member

joe likes this.
  2. BomberJet

BomberJet Well-Known Member

Well, in a backhanded way, sounds like he gave a hint he doesn't want to play for the Browns...shades of Eli Manning:rolleyes:

3. xxedge72x

xxedge72x 2018 Gang Green QB Guru Award Winner

Reasonable place to want to be drafted. Youngest hottest up and coming team in the NFL.

Sent from my KIW-L24 using Tapatalk

4. RubenDias

RubenDias Well-Known Member

Thats not the point the point is he clearly doesnt want to play for the browns

5. Boomboom

Boomboom Active Member

This might put a wrinkle with the number one pick. If im the owner/GM or even coach, I don't care how good you are if you don't want to play for my team you can kick rocks.

Jonathan_Vilma and westiedog1 like this.
  6. matt robinson 17

matt robinson 17 Well-Known Member

Hate the Cowshits, as much as the Patsies and the Dolfags...

NCJetsfan likes this.
  7. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

If Dallas agreed to his wish, it would set a bad precedent. But Jones has thumbed his nose at the NFL before, so I wouldn't be surprised if he worked it out to get the #1 pick to sign Garrett.

OTH - would Garrett agree to play in NY if Dallas didn't do this, and Cleveland took the prudent approach and passed on a guy who apparently doesn't want to play for them?

8. ColoradoContrails

This isn't so much applicable to Myles Garrett who is considered a can't miss, game-changer, but I saw this question in this article:

http://bearswire.usatoday.com/2017/02/12/should-the-bears-trade-for-sheldon-richardson/

and I thought it was a good one:

"Would it be a good idea to part with a 3rd-round pick for a young, proven NFL talent, or spend the third-overall pick on the someone like Jonathan Allen, who hasn’t played a down in the NFL."

ajax and NCJetsfan like this.
  9. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

I think it would DEFINITELY be wise for the Bears to make that trade. ;)

10. ColoradoContrails

You think just a 3rd rounder is worth it? I think the question underscores how under-valued a starting NFL player is. It's like "Shiny new car syndrome": You have a good, dependable, maybe even more than dependable car, but you drive past the car dealer and see the newest creation, a brand new model, with no track record of reliability or maintenance costs, and you decide to trade in your car for the new one.

The point is, we don't know how a draft choice is going to turn out - especially a 3rd rounder - but we DO know that Richardson has been an above average player, and could even be great. I know the Jets are sour on him, but they shouldn't sell him so cheap, especially when they have so many needs themselves.

joe likes this.
  11. joe

joe Well-Known Member

Agreed, whatever anyone thinks of Richardson, a 3rd round pick for a 26 year old former DROY? . Hell the Broncos fleeced the Jets with Tim Tebow in exchange for a draft pick only one round removed from that.

12. NCJetsfan

I think we'll be lucky to get a 3rd round pick for him. He's a mental case and a moron.

It's not just a case of the Jets being "sour" on him. The whole NFL knows what a fuckup he is.

ajax and nycarl like this.
  13. NCJetsfan

Richardson has been suspended what, twice already? He got in a tiff with a teammate (B. Marshall) last season. He's a moron and mental case. 25 isn't that young. 4-5 years of his career are already gone. He may have 4-5 good years left. I'd take that 3rd round pick, dance a jig, and thank my lucky stars. Supposedly, the Jets tried to trade him last season and got too greedy, and the same thing happened with Mo. They need to move on. They can't pay him and get stuck with him.

14. All Gas No Shake

All Gas No Shake Well-Known Member

its more about sheldon only having one year left at $8 mill vs the low cost option with a four year contract

if there was a chance that this team would franchise/re-sign sheldon, then i would agree with your position. but he has made it clear that he will accept nothing less than the top of the market and we are not in a position to offer that

#14 All Gas No Shake, Feb 13, 2017
    Last edited: Feb 13, 2017
    ajax, NCJetsfan and cgrec like this.
  15. NCJetsfan

Yes, that's the other issue with Sheldon. He's made it clear that he expects to get paid. Other teams know that and know he'll be tough to re-sign. Regardless of his production and talent, if a player is a head case, only has one year left on his contract, and you know going in that he's not only going to be a headache that you'll have to monitor and keep in line, and he's going to hard to re-sign, why would you give any more than a 3rd round pick?

16. ColoradoContrails

I'm just pointing out the discrepancy between an actual, PROVEN - headcase notwithstanding - pro player versus an UNPROVEN draft pick. I would hold out for more than a 3rd round pick.

17. NCJetsfan

Supposedly, that's what happened last season regarding a trade with the Cowboys for Sheldon. Mac held out for a higher pick, and Dallas said "keep him." If so, he can't make the same mistake. Take what we can get and move on. Sheldon is a headcase and the sooner we're rid of him the better.

18. Ozymandias

Ozymandias Well-Known Member

Lost a lot of respect for him now. Hope he gets picked by the Browns and stays there forever now.

19. ColoradoContrails

Dallas was dealing from a position of strength, not all teams are so situated.

20. NCJetsfan

True, but the main point is that we need to move on from him. Of course we can start out asking for a 1st or high 2nd, and I'm sure Mac will, but he shouldn't be greey, either. We don't need the distraction and worry as to whether he'll get suspended again. We can use the cap space for the upcoming season. We can't afford to pay him once his contract ends, and he will be on the last year of his contract. Better to get a 3rd round pick for him than see him walk at the end of the season and only get a compensatory 4th or 5th round pick for him.