My take on 2018 QBs

Discussion in 'Draft' started by Big Cat, Apr 5, 2018.

1. boozer32

boozer32 Well-Known Member

This is who I hope the Jets get.

2. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

What is the kids Agent says the Jets Coaching staff and the Johnsons are inept ..draft him but trade him like SD/Giants did with Eli..the entire Fanbase will be on tranquilizers lmao

This is a worse nightmare than Mac drafting Jackson and to lesser extent Allen

3. Big Cat

Big Cat Well-Known Member

And my one and only QB mock...

1). Cleveland Browns: Sam Darnold (USC)
    After a whole lot of smokescreening and misinformation, the Browns use the first overall pick on the draft's best QB

2). Buffalo Bills (from NYG): Josh Allen (Wyoming)
    Everyone has either Barkley or Chubb pegged here with Darnold gone, but I think we're really underestimating how desperate the Bills are. Their only QB options are AJ McCarron and Nathan Peterman; they HAVE to come out of the first round with a QB and they have tons of ammo to do so. Ultimately I truly believe Gettleman doesn't want to deal this pick (I think his Barkley and Chubb interest are very real), but there's no turning down the offer coming their way: both 2018 first round picks, both 2018 second round picks, 2019 first round pick, 2019 fourth round pick. One of the biggest hauls we've ever seen to pry the pick away from the Giants and jump their division rival. They're enamored with Allen's ability to rip the ball through the Buffalo weather.

3). New York Jets (from IND): Josh Rosen (UCLA)
    There's been a whole lot of smoke about Baker Mayfield, but I've been steadfast all along that Josh Rosen is Mike Maccagnan's prototype. He tried to trade up for Jared Goff and Rosen is a very similar player and a better natural thrower of the ball. I'm still very concerned about lack of mobility, but Rosen is a very good prospect and a great pick if he can stay healthy.

4). Cleveland Browns (from HOU): Bradley Chubb (NC State)
    A dark-horse team frantically tries to get the pick, but can't offer enough to move Cleveland off of the draft's best pass rusher...

5). Arizona Cardinals (from DEN): Baker Mayfield (OU)
    Arizona moves on up to get its guy after missing out on the fourth pick

6). Indianapolis Colts (from NYJ): Saquon Barkley (PSU)
    Had to extend the mock by 1 pick to get this one in. Indy hasn't been connected to Barkley at all, but they'll be ecstatic to move back 3 spots and still land a dynamic runner to help take the load off of luck. Could also see them taking Nelson to protect their QB.

BONUS:
    11). Miami Dolphins: Lamar Jackson (Louisville)
    Adam Gase can have some fun with one of the most electric runners the league has seen at this position. 3 of the top 5 QB's wind up in the AFC East, with the Patriots adding Lauletta at the very end of round 1.

I'll be lucky to even get 1 or 2 of these right, but after sifting through months of draft information this is what I see happening. The fun thing is that somehow, some way, EVERYONE is going to be wrong.

CotcheryFan and cgrec like this.
  4. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

Giants are not trading the number 2 to buffalo unless buffalo first gets up to 5 or 6 and they don't have enough to do both.

5. Big Cat

Big Cat Well-Known Member

:)