my mock offseason

Discussion in 'Draft' started by vilmaisabeast, Jan 8, 2007.

1. vilmaisabeast

vilmaisabeast New Member

TRADE: #58 for MIchael Turner

CUT: P.Ramsey,Blaylock,Barlow,Dwight,

SIGN: A.Samuel, Eric Steinbach, Terdell Sands,

Draft:
    #25/26: Charles Johnson/Woodley
    #37: Sears
    3rd:p.Williams
    5th:Doughty
    6th:Le'ron Mcclain
    7th:D.Tate

Depth:
    QB:penny, Clemens, Tate
    RB:Turner, Washington, Houston
    FB:ASkew, Mcclain
    WR:Coles, P.Williams, B.Smith
    WR:Cotchery, Mccareins
    TE:Baker, Ryan, Dreesen
    LT:Brick
    LG:Steinbach
    C:Mangold
    RG:Moore
    RT:Clements, Sears

LE:Ellis
    NT:D-Rob, Doughty
    RE: Sands, Kimo

LOLB:Johnson/Woodley
    MLB:Vilma
    MLB:Barton
    ROLB:Thomas

CB:Dyson, Barrett, Coleman
    CB:SAmuel, MIller, Poteat
    FS:Rhodes
    SS:Coleman

2. k.Rhodes25

k.Rhodes25 New Member

that would def be a productive offseason, except D-Rob would be the DE and Sands would be the NT Sands is 6-5 330 i dont think hes DE material

3. vilmaisabeast

vilmaisabeast New Member

hes 6-7 335 and thats 3-4 de material

4. FITM

FITM 2006 TGG.com Best Photoshop Artist Award Winner

Michael Turner will cost at least a 1st rounder and most likely a 3rd rounder.

5. Rambo13

Rambo13 New Member

Generally you are correct, but from what I've seen from Sands he is more like Ted Washington than Richard Seymour which would make him a great NT.

6. vilmaisabeast

vilmaisabeast New Member

u really think it will cost a 1st and a 3rd for a backup w/ potential thats value for a feature back

7. Rambo13

Rambo13 New Member

I think he is alluding to the fact that he is a restricted free agent and will most likely be tagged with one of the two highest distinctions which require a 1st or a 1st and 3rd to sign the player away.
    San Diego will most likely negotiate a trade because no one will pay those hgh prices but in my opinion it will take at the very least our first second round pick.

8. JCotch89

JCotch89 New Member

If thats true, I would rather trade up in draft for Marshawn.

9. BakerMaker

BakerMaker Well-Known Member

SD will be fortunate to get Turner for a 3rd round pick...theres like 3-4 teams who need RB's so its not like its going to be a bidding war.

Turner will want some money and its up to SD if they want to give him a 4-5 year deal to be a backup. SD may not have complete control over this whole trade situation.

I doubt the Jets need to caugh up ANY of their 2nd rounders. At best the Bolts get our 3rd and 6th round picks for Turner. Thats just my opinion though.

10. PennyandtheJets

PennyandtheJets Well-Known Member

I think you are a bit off...

Turner as no real role on the team other than to come in when the Chargers are up big. If the Chargers are smart they will take what they can while he is still a hot commodity.

I think we can pry him away with our early second round pick.

11. PennyandtheJets

PennyandtheJets Well-Known Member

Eric Steinbach is supposed to be really good. I have no problem with bringing him in to play G.

12. BakerMaker

BakerMaker Well-Known Member

Not even, A 3rd rounder will do IMO.

Here are the teams in need of a RB at this moment

Cleveland(Adrian Peterson welcome to Cle)
    Green Bay(I think they will be like Cleveland and use the draft to get their RB. Marshawn Lynch welcome to GB)
    New York Jets
    New York Giants
    Baltimore(Belick doesnt mind Jamal Lewis and they wont be a team whos going to go spending crazy money for Turner. They have to consider resigning Adilus Thomas and a few other spare guys before they go throwing money at Turner)

The only real threat of getting Turner is the Giants. And I dont think the Giants want to go making any more draft day/close to draft day deals with SD considering what happened last time out....

SD will be forced to give up Turner for whatever they possibly can get. A 3rd rounder isnt a bad return for the Bolts, they are a hell of a drafting team they will find that pick to be of good use.

13. FITM

FITM 2006 TGG.com Best Photoshop Artist Award Winner

Pry him away? He's not under contract. He's an RFA. Any team that signs him will be forced to give up a draft picks or less likely, cash. San Diego will put a first round tender on him.

#13 FITM, Jan 9, 2007
    Last edited: Jan 9, 2007
  14. Vilmattackn07

Vilmattackn07 New Member

Here's my offseason:
    1.Another OLB I'd consider to draft is Quentin Moses 1st round. I'd say either him or Woodley and put them on the outside opposite of Thomas. Then I'd move Victor Hobson to the inside. Eric Barton isn't bad, but I think we need to add a little more size to the middle to more effectively stop the run. Him and Vilma on the inside would be sick. Not to mention, Hobson over Barton due to age.

2. Michael Turner isn't bad, but he's good enough for a 3rd round pick which i don't think is worth it. Michael Bush should be avaliable with our 37th pick. This guy is sick. He's 247 lbs and he's got great speed. He was hurt this year, but as long as he's healthy, this guy is a good bet. Just look at his junior season.

3. Yes we definately need to sign Asante Samuel. With all the money we have to spend, we could definately afford him. Not to mention, he's obviously more than familiar with Mangini and the system, he's still pretty young at 26 years old, and 10 interceptions is what our secondary could use. We need a dominate corner. Dyson is good, but he's a #2 corner and Barrett certainly isn't a #1 corner. If not Samuel, Clements, but I'd prefer Samuel.

4. As for the D-Line, that's probably our biggest problem, but shouldn't be addressed in the draft. First off, move D-Rob to the end. He's a great pass-rusher, young(25), and making great strides, but the fact that teams were able to run up the middle all year tells me we need a beast up the middle. I'm think the same with you with Terell Sands as NT. This guy is 6-7, 337 and he'll come very cheap. I say this is simple, easy and will be effective. Another possibility to add a big name would be Albert Haynesworth. He always takes up 2 blockers, not quite as big as Sands, but everyone knows him and not only does he stuff the run but he can total up some sacks. Now this guy is not exactly a Manigini-type player, but he could be pryed from Tennesse. My only concern is that he might cost us some picks and he's expensive, it'd be great if we got him, but I'd be fine with Sands.

Basically, if we could get these things done, we'd be in great shape for next season. It wouldn't hurt to get a #3 reciever as a huge deap threat, but if not J-Mac will do, and also, Steinbach would be a good signing, as well as drafting some o-linemen in LATER draft picks.

15. Rambo13

Rambo13 New Member

Great suggestions. My only criticism is Moses should be gone by our pick, Woodley may be gone and I almost am starting to feel like Thomas and Hobson can get it done in the long run. One player I would look at from a value standpoint would be Anthony Spencer. He should be there at our first pick and second pick. I think if we continue to bulk up the DL like you said, and get someone to play DE or NT with our first pick, the LBs will run more freely than they were able to this season. Maybe an Adam Carriker, Anthony Spencer combo?

16. ToddtoBarkum

ToddtoBarkum Member

There is no way we would get Turner for #58.

The Chargers do not have enough room cap wise to pay a back-up RB the $ he will ask for, especially as they need to sign a bunch of starters and as they will probably be big players in the WR FA market.

I would think we could get Turner for our first piock in Rd 2 (Wash Pick), but I'm not 100% sure I would do this anyway.....