My man Marcus Thomas....

Discussion in 'Draft' started by Trey Ko, Feb 15, 2007.

1. Trey Ko

Trey Ko New Member

We're a week away from the combine and it seems like Marcus is going to blow the hinges off of the door with his upcoming workout!

I'll be in Indy next week as well as making posts as I'm watching/hearing about the results and behind the scenes situation.

Right now, in his private workouts in preparation for the combine, Marcus has run as low as a 4.79 electronic time! What's even more impressive is that he is now at 317 lbs. Anyone interested in taking a chance late in the first? I heard that Chicago is very interested.

Mark this down, at nearly 6'4" and weighing at 317 lbs, he wll do a back somersault at the combine and become the story of the combine, I guarantee it.

2. JetFanInPA

JetFanInPA Well-Known Member

3. Trey Ko

Trey Ko New Member

People will change their minds the same way the Bucs did for Warren Sapp who had more off the field issues than Marcus. As far as the generic draft site that you got your info from, they're a dime a dozen without any substance.

I get my info from the scouts themselves, not some wannabe important, over zealous geek who reads instead of watches for commercial reasons only!

4. JetFanInPA

Yeah there are plenty of these draft sites, but Scott Wright is good. He did go to the Senior Bowl and actually interviews players. I respect this mock draft site and Scott Wright over any other. He's very accurate with his projections.

What scouts did you talk to?

5. All Star

All Star Active Member

That pick seems risky, Character Problems, Questionable Motor, Failed Drug Test.......

I wouldn't touch it.

6. Trey Ko

Trey Ko New Member

That's why I wonder what this guy was watching! Marcus led the team in tackles in 3 games last season (remember that he did not play the whole season)!!!

He's a D-Lineman! That does not sound like someone who is lacking a motor. The only obvious fact that most of these guys have is the fact that he did fail the drug test.

I know him personally and, yes, I'm a little biased, but still objective when it comes down to picking a high quality player for my team's future success. I know that he will not have anymore issues once drafted.

After his workout at the combine, trust me, there are going to be a number of teams willing to pull the trigger on him in the first round.

Also, don't make more issues than there already is; a failed drug test is the same as character issues, so you should not have to separate them to make the list longer.

7. Rambo13

Rambo13 New Member

There are drug tests in the NFL just as there are drug tests in college. What would make us think that if he is stupid enough to fail it in college he won't be stupid enough to fail it in the NFL? If you can't stay clean with millions on the line why would he stay clean just to make it through a season with a guaranteed contract.

He may be a great player and a great athlete and make an impact in the leage for years to come but no one will touch him in the first with an issue like that. Remember Antajj Hawthorne? Where's he at?

8. JetsLookingforDWare

Failing a drug test is a big deal?

It's usually (almost always) pot with these college kids. Thats not a big deal.

What other issues does he have?

9. Rambo13

Rambo13 New Member

That isn't the problem, the problem is he couldn't avoid it when millions were at stake. If that doesn't motivate the kid what will?

10. JetsLookingforDWare

Thats a valid point, but I'm sure he's not the first talented guy in college to fail a drug test. Some guy...Sapp or something...didn't he fall in the draft because of a drug test and turn out to be like half decent?

11. Rambo13

Rambo13 New Member

I suppose for every Antajj Hawthorne there is a Warren Sapp. Like I said, I'm not saying this kid can't be a force in the league for years, but I would be highly surprised if anyone used a first rounder on him.

12. brothermoose

brothermoose Well-Known Member

Hey don't forget Ricky...

13. JetsLookingforDWare

You realize Hawthorne is one of the better DTs in this league right?

14. JetFanInPA

What? :lol: :lol:

#14 JetFanInPA, Feb 15, 2007
    Last edited: Feb 15, 2007
  15. Trey Ko

Trey Ko New Member

And Warren Sapp? Where's he at???

And Pac-Man Jones, who is/was a bad guy when he was drafted and still went fairly high I'd say! Not only that, the a-hole is still getting in trouble!!!! C'mon, does the league really care about how bad a player is? And if they do, how many teams REALLY care???? The Raiders pride themselves on the malcontents of the world, what does that say for the league as a whole? I think that the Raiders are the only ones bold enough to carry it on their sleeve.

#15 Trey Ko, Feb 16, 2007
    Last edited: Feb 16, 2007
  16. BlairThomas#1

BlairThomas#1 New Member

I think it safe to say the majority of players that have question marks due to drugs / discipline problems / arrests / attitude / etc. don't work out. Jones and Sapp are the exception, rather than the rule. The most recent high-profile guys I can think of are Odell Thurman, Chris Henry, Hawthorne and Clarett.

Teams are getting less and less interested in investing money in players with questionable character. Look at the Bengals...they're the joke of the league.

17. JetsLookingforDWare

Oops, I was thinking of Haynesworth. Lol.

18. Coach K

Coach K New Member

im willing to bet he slips to our early 2nd pick. then id take him. not in the 1st though.

not unless he was definitely BPA and players like Blalock,Carriker, Spencer, Bowe,Jarrett are gone.