My biggest fear: Alex Smith becomes a Jet

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by JethroTull, Nov 14, 2017.

1. Jetsruby

Jetsruby Well-Known Member

To say that Alex Smith wouldn't do well here is a complete oversight. Josh fucking McCown has been lights out for the majority of the season and is in consideration for Jets MVP. If Josh McCown can succeed, then I think Alex Smith won't have an issue. He is not my first choice for QB but if you think Alex Smith wouldn't be the best QB on this team since 2008 Brett Favre, you're crazy,

HomeoftheJets and Jersey Joe 67 like this.
  2. JethroTull

JethroTull 2018 Least Knowledgeable Poster

Because its not fair to the rest of the team. The Jets cant blow a season to confirm what they already know about Petty ans Hackenberg. McCown gives them competent QB play which allows them to have a better look at the other pieces on offense.

Keep in mind Petty is likely not even going to be on the team next year.

3. Jersey Joe 67

Jersey Joe 67 Well-Known Member

The thing that is getting lost in all this QB conversation is , while playing decent this season , the O line needs improvement no matter who we bring in here. That and we need another play maker on O.

As far as Alex Smith goes I think he'd be perfect for this team... the most important aspect of QB play is protecting the football and Smith is very smart in that regard.
    We'd be getting a guy in his prime that still has another 5 years or so left in the tank... I'll take that.

My guess is Smith goes to Denver & Cousins resigns with Washington... if this scenario takes place and Taylor shakes loose from Buffalo then he's the guy I go after, and still draft a QB if we like one coming out .
    Taylor wouldn't be a large investment compared to the other 2 and would give us the opportunity to use the rest of the $ we have to surround him with guys to help him be successful.

Jets_Grinch likes this.
  4. WarriorRB28

WarriorRB28 Well-Known Member

True.

He's having a career year in 2017 it'll never be as good for him again as it is now.

The Jets would be paying for his past.