Must Trade to #3 Now!

Discussion in 'Draft' started by Greensleeves, Mar 4, 2018.

1. CotcheryFan

CotcheryFan 2018 ROTY Poster Award Winner

I laughed at the bold part, sir. Thanks for the humor.

NYJetsO12 and 101GangGreen101 like this.
  2. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

I agree that Macc is "cheap" and won't mortgage the farm to move up, but I disagree that it's a good thing. There are times you need to seize the moment, and this is one of those times. Both Rosen and Mayfield would be great fits on the Jets; Darnold could be also but may need a little more development time, which having McCown and B'water already on the team allows for that if needed.

QB is THE most important position on the team, and while McCown, and MAYBE Teddy can be stopgaps, they aren't the answer, and there are no predicted "can't miss" QBs coming out next year, so now is the time to strike. Actually, I still believe last year was, but Macc gets his Mulligan this year. If they don't solve this question this year, there should be no next year for Macc & Bowles.

3. Walt White

Walt White Well-Known Member

Don't think it's about being cheap. He's gonna stick to his values. If the guy he likes rates that high I absolutely believe he'll try to go up. Doesn't mean it happens tho, easier said than done.
    You have to stay objective. Just because fans know the QB is important doesn't mean you waver from your beliefs just to say you made a move for the sake of making a move.

LAJet likes this.
  4. Sam Hammer

Sam Hammer Well-Known Member

BPA makes too much sense and those 2nd round picks are important. I think that's why Macc personally attended Mayfield's pro day. He's actually considering doing it and wants to be absolutely sure. Over rating QBs does help talent fall.

It will be interesting to see if he's at Rosen's tomorrow or if he's locked on Mayfield.

#104 Sam Hammer, Mar 14, 2018
    Last edited: Mar 14, 2018
  5. Walt White

I think it could be one of those two. My boner is getting bigger and bigger for Baker. It's yuuuuuuuge, lmao.

I just saw an interview with him and Mayock. It's about his personality.

I think he has more bonafide inner confidence, faith, and will, than all of them. And he's smart. He can throw. He's got a good fucking arm too.
    And he has a complete, total, understanding of the value of fundamentals. His fundy's are instinctual to boot, within his intelligence, they're ingrained in him.

NCJetsfan and ColoradoContrails like this.
  6. jilozzo

jilozzo Well-Known Member

i will say this if we can ever get a fucking QB to come in and play like wentz, goff, carr (derek), wilson, brees etc etc

that MF will own this football town. period.

GQMartin and ColoradoContrails like this.
  7. ColoradoContrails

I agree with all this about Mayfield, but the same can be said about Rosen. I'd be happy with either.

8. Walt White

I suppose so, not sure about me tho;)

9. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

Teddy has a small chance of being more then a stop-gap. Mac won't give up that extra pick to move up, that's probably why he couldn't get Goff or Tunsil.

10. ColoradoContrails

If Macc won't do that it might well spell the end of his job. One way or the other, he needs to find that FQB this year. If he doesn't trade up, he better hope he gets lucky and he gets him at 6, or if he's going to try and get lucky in a later round, that guy had better rise up. Going another year with stopgaps as the QB won't be tolerated by the fans.

NCJetsfan likes this.
  11. GQMartin

GQMartin Go 'Cuse

Agreed. He’s going to have to.

Our track record with second rounders is on par with our 7th rounders. I’d make it rain 2nd rounders to trade up.

12. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

If he takes Nelson, he should be fired and never work in football again. He doesn't have time NOT to draft and develop a QB. Since he missed on Cousins, his only hope is that in drafting a QB it buys him some more time.

The Jets need a QB of the future. Unless Bridgewater proves to be a revelation, they don't have one. If he hopes to keep his job, or any job in football, he HAS to get a QB in the draft.

ColoradoContrails likes this.
  13. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

If he does that, he should be fired and never work in football again.

14. MDJets

MDJets Well-Known Member

Me personally think that Jets have too many holes to move up and give up a pick(s). I think we are all in an agreement that they need to take a QB, perhaps in the First two rounds. If any of the four high QB prospects are gone before 6 for any reason, I personally would trade their #6 and get more front end picks. Else draft Nelson, or welp a DE.

15. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

maccagnan was at mayfield's pro day yesterday, not many gms were. I would think that would mean there is some feeling he may be the only QB still on the board if we stay at 6 and maybe even he is gone by then.

16. James Hasty

James Hasty Well-Known Member

Who else would prefer to work the Bills over for pick # 12, pick # 22 and anything else that isn't nailed down?

It would not surprise me if one of the four QBs everyone is drooing over falls to # 12 and I would love to use pick # 22 on Will Hernandez.

17. GreenGreek

GreenGreek Well-Known Member

The Broncos had 7 people there including GM & coach. The Giants had 5. Interpret that as you will.

18. grkmanga31

grkmanga31 Well-Known Member

The Jets have to have a different plan for every pick that's within realistic reach IMO picks 3-5 are the ones where Jets could realistically trade up to, I would also say 2 but Giants will not trade with the Jets and watch them take a FQB and run the town if the plan works out.

IMO, we have gotten some clarity regarding the Jets draft approach through 1 move and that was for McKinnon. The fact that the Jets wanted to sign him means that although we are about to enter a draft that is loaded with premium RB talent, Jets brass believe that they will not be able to draft any because they will need to trade picks away to move up.

I am not going to read too much into the pro day scouting because every year this happens. At the end of the day, I think the jets have 2 realistic draft options - Baker & Rosen.

We need the Giants & Colts to pass on QB's -. Giants just signed Solder and I really do think they're gearing up to pass on QB. Wonder if they'll opt to trade out of the pick or draft Nelson. Also, Colts are probably going to trade out and the Jets need to put a very lucrative deal on the table (2018 & 2019 first round picks & 2 2nd rounders - maybe 1 from 2018 1 from 2019).

Macc and Bowles know that they are goners if we have McCown starting, going 5-11 again. This year is a cornerstone year for this team and as such, we need to be aggressive. If we land a QB, there will be an air of confidence, direction and identity. Pair this with one of the better young defensive cores and a multitude of legitimate FA signings and we can contend

19. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 2018 Funniest Member Award Winner

If the Jets trade up for a QB, I'm going to buy a pink laptop to watch their games on illegally this year.

20. Sam Hammer

Sam Hammer Well-Known Member

Even if Mayfield fell to them at 6 and they got their guy without sacrificing any draft capital? IMO that would look brilliant, but of course it's a risk. You either get an all pro running back, the hands down best edge rusher in the draft, or a top 4 QB. The way Macc has played it in the past, we won't trade up in the first, but will trade up to the late first to snag a guy like Jackson/Rudolph. If Allen falls to 6 and the other guys are gone, we should fleece the Bills, however.