Morris Claiborne signs with the Jets

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by ConcordeChops, Mar 16, 2017.

1. boozer32

boozer32 Well-Known Member

What a sucker. You probably thought Vernon Gholston was all world too. Hey you want to buy some swamp land real cheap clown? Jay Cutler met with the Jets how did that go?

2. boozer32

3. NOVAJET

NOVAJET "2020 TGG Fantasy Football Champ"

Um, no. No he didn't. Jay Cutler did not meet with the Jets or you would have seen the top blow clean off this board.

boozer32 and FJF like this.
  4. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

comparing Foster to Gholston. You truly are special.

5. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

The Jets may not draft Foster, but the fact remains that he is a more talented player than Harris. He is faster and has better range and coverage ability. Besides, Harris is the past, Foster is the future.

You obviously haven't paid much attention to the Jets games and to media reports about the team, and didn't look very hard. I googled his name:
    https://www.google.com/search?client=opera&q=josh+martin+jets&sourceid=opera&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8

and here's what I found on the initial search page:

More fruit of that google search found at nyjets.com: http://www.newyorkjets.com/news/art...-Around-/11c1d403-5526-4926-b91f-bde7c6234e0a

#206 NCJetsfan, Mar 22, 2017
    Last edited: Mar 22, 2017
    boozer32 likes this.
  6. Walt White

Walt White Well-Known Member

See, they knew better than everybody, us and the scouts. Ridiculous. Really, it's about latching onto a simplistic negative hit in the media.

I need to see Boozer show me he didn't like Gholston. When he was drafted or before. I'll start to take him seriously..

boozer32 and 101GangGreen101 like this.
  7. 101GangGreen101

Boozer is just trying to 1 up Don in the least knowledgeable fan award. It's impossible to take him seriously.

8. mr nyjet

mr nyjet Well-Known Member

we could have just kept dee milliner instead..........:rolleyes:
    same type of player. if he ever even sees the field in a game that counts for long...

boozer32 and Cman68 like this.
  9. boozer32

And you know the furture of this player already. 2 more concussions and he's out of the league. One more if he's truly serious about his life like those SF 49er players that quit very young.

10. boozer32

Its easy to find I've only been on this board since the late 90's. I know my profile says 2008. I dont know what happened with the site at that time. But I'll give you a hint that I didn't like Gholston and some on this board would back me up. I don't like Ohio State players. That has been said recently and frequently. Gholston only amped up my hatred but it goes much further back.

11. 101GangGreen101

[​IMG]

12. boozer32

Terrible misuse of Gene Wilder. Do you have any other players you love in this draft? Seems like you have man love for players already injured. Little frequent Jets history with that Dee Milliner. Same college as Foster. Hooker still hasn't recovered from his 2 surgeries and the draft is a little over a month away.

13. 101GangGreen101

Of course, there are plenty of players I am interested in, why would you ask such a silly question? Those 2 to me are top of the draft board. Hooker will be fine come rookie mini camp. It's amazing Hooker played his BEST when he had those injuries. It's not just about interceptions it's the Godly range he has. I think the true value in this draft is in the 2nd and 3rd rounds. No sense in the Jets being silly and trading down in the first. Take the BPA that has the most impact on the roster.

14. TwoHeadedMonster

TwoHeadedMonster Well-Known Member

You do understand that the idea behind trading down in the first would be to accumulate more picks in the 2nd and/or 3rd, where, as you point out, the true value of this draft lies, right?

boozer32 likes this.
  15. 101GangGreen101

It depends on that trade, no one is going to sell the farm for the 6th pick. Is getting 1 extra 2nd worth it? To not get a Jamal Adams? OJ Howard? Malik Hooker? Reuben Foster? Leonard Fournette? Sometimes more doesn't mean better. I think the amount of picks we have now, we are in good position.

16. TwoHeadedMonster

I don't expect anybody to sell the farm. But every draft, somebody sees somebody they like and gives up a 2nd or 3rd to move up three or four spots and make sure they get their guy.

In a draft like this that has a ton of depth, but doesn't have sure-fire stars at positions this team really needs help in, that's exactly the kind of trade the Jets need to be looking for.

17. 101GangGreen101

I think there are definitely some sure fire stars in the top 10.

OJ Howard is an absolute star in the making and you pair him up with John Morton our OC and I think you got a solid piece that will help in the run game and create mismatches in the passing game for a young QB. He's an insane athlete.

Reuben Foster, does play ILB, but with him you can slide Lee to a roaming linebacker role that allow him to do what Lee does best and that's make plays in space and blitz the QB. Foster will do the dirty work in the run game and and cover. Might be the best LB from Alabama yet.

Free safeties with great range rarely come around via draft. Then when you add instincts and ball hawk ability you got Malik Hooker who will help take away the deep pass that has been terrorizing the Jets for seasons now.

Then you got Jamal Adams who is a do it all safety that is a true leader on the field. Think Dawkins from the Eagles days.

These 4 players are elite level talents, you won't see an equal later on in the draft. Jets absolutely have a shot to take 1 of those 4 players, if you trade down you won't.

18. TwoHeadedMonster

I agree that I would be happy with any of those players on the Jets next year, but I look at the list of guys who are likely to be available in the 2nd round and think that I think that maybe it's worth trading down a few spots if we can get a Corey Davis or Forrest Lamp and two of Budda Baker, Adam Shaheen, Obi Melifonwu, Raekwon McMillan, or T.J. Watt. (one with the Jets original 2nd rounder, one with a trade pick).

19. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

Thank you 101 for highlighting some premier draft choices that distinguish themselves as a notch or two above the rest. Nicely done. Good chance we get one of those.
    The proof of the pudding will be the BPA list that Mac and his team will use to manage the draft. We for sure don't know how he has them racked and stacked, but I venture to say it might very well go something like this, with the top 5 as defensive players much to some fans dismay.
    1-Garret
    2-Hooker
    3- Foster
    4--Adam
    5- Lattimore?
    6- Howard
    7-Fournett
    My gut tells me he might go Foster or Howard depending of prior selections.

101GangGreen101 likes this.