Mike T does a top 10 mock for NFLN

Discussion in 'Draft' started by gsulli5861, Feb 21, 2013.

1. Axel3419

Axel3419 Well-Known Member

I'd much rather get Moore and re-sign Edwards. Plus, Holmes WILL be a Jet next year and Hill isn't a bust yet. We have a solid Wr class and Patterson is not BPA in my opinion

2. gsulli5861

gsulli5861 New Member

Pioli also picks Patterson for the Jets

Pioli's Picks
    1 Joeckel
    2 Milliner
    3 Floyd
    4 Warmack
    5 Moore
    6Jones
    7 Fisher
    8 Werner
    9 Patterson
    10 Vaccaro

3. MoWilkNYJ

MoWilkNYJ Well-Known Member

I guess we got to see how Patterson does at the combine.

4. Jersey Joe 67

Jersey Joe 67 Well-Known Member

I'd much rather go with a defensive player.

5. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

+1. i don't see any scenario where patterson is bpa at a position of need,

i'd rather get a olb or even ol before wr

6. JetFanInPA

JetFanInPA Well-Known Member

I hope Cordarelle Patterson and others like Tavon Austin light it up so there's a chance Keenan Allen slips to the Jets pick in the 2nd.

Seems like a long shot now, but he's not going to be working out at the combine and likely wouldn't have put up big numbers anyway. Who knows...

7. NYJETS4life24

NYJETS4life24 Active Member

We need offense over everything. We can't have an offense scoring 3 points a game. Defense will be solid as long as Rex is coaching and he has done it without a pass rusher for 4 years he can do it again. Plus wilk+coples will generate better pass rush. We need a playmaker that can break it anytime the ball is in his hands. He can play receiver, wild cat, running back, kick returner and punt returner. We need a player on offense that defenses fear. He is climbing up draft boards too. He really isn't a reach. Plus Holmes will probably be gone after this season and we need a number one reciever, hopefully Hill drastically improves. I'm banking on Marty to turn this offense around and possibly rejuvenate sanchize(lol) career.

8. Mambo9

Mambo9 Well-Known Member

I wouldn't be pissed if we got Patterson... he can sure create YAC out of nothing! However this WR class seems to be really deep and boy do we need a decent OLB...

9. tanknyc

tanknyc Active Member

Very True... As much as Sanchez Sucked last year there were times he hit WR's and RB's right in the hands and they dropped it. Who ever our QB may be they will need weapons to go to. Its rough watching the defense recover a turn over on the opponents 40 yard line for us to turn around and punt the ball back to them or try a long field goal.

If we can get Cordarrelle Patterson(1st), EJ Manuel(2nd), Tyrann Mathieu(4th), Mike Gillislee(5th), a OL(6th) and a Pass Rusher(3rd) and a TE(7th) we will be good. I think that will be a home run Draft for us. And if we need help we sign a couple of stop gap players through FA.

Patterson to me has that it factor that you just cant coach. Certain players are happy with just catching the ball and going down with Patterson he seems to get seperation with keeping his feet active before and after the catch. Thats what we been lacking for the longest time now and Jets Fans. A player that we can get excited about once the ball is in their hands.

#29 tanknyc, Feb 23, 2013
    Last edited: Feb 23, 2013
  10. tanknyc

tanknyc Active Member

The Defense also has been carrying the offense for Rex's entire Stint and Years before Rex as well. We need a high powered offense that can keep up with the likes of Peyton, Brady, Eli, Rodgers, Brees, Ryan etc we cant score 3 while everyone is score 7 in bunches

11. Hobbes3259

Hobbes3259 Well-Known Member

No. Hill, Patterson and Kerley would be some unit with MM calling plays. However...if holes is unable to return from the injury Edwards would be sufficient, and Jordan would be better suited to improve the team

12. deerow84

deerow84 Well-Known Member

I'm in the same boat. I kind of wanted to go offense right at the end of the season but the more I heard about all the top end defensive talent I started to lean that way...after hearing a few mock drafts with Patterson going to us I looked into him a bit more and the more I see the more I like. He looks like he would be great on returns for us which could be important with someone new running ST. Plus he looks like he will be an elite level WR, maybe not year one but I think he'll be up there by year two or three.

I still like Hill and think he'll be a very solid WR as well. So with Hill, Patterson, Kerly and who knows who else we would have a solid, young receiving core. Then if Sanchez is gone by the end of next year (fingers crossed!) we should be addressing the QB issue in the 2014 draft (depending on where we finish, I guess) and our new QB could be coming in with a very good, young receiving core and hopefully a solid return game plus we still have a solid defense with some pretty young pieces.

I wouldn't say we would completely ignore the defensive side of the ball but this isn't just about success in 2013-14 season it's for years to come. I think we're in a good spot to get basically anyone but I would not be upset whatsoever if we picked up Patterson.

13. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

EJ Manuel 2nd rounder? Really?

14. 101GangGreen101

Rather get more play-makers not a project QB with our 2nd rounder. Too many play-makers to pass on

15. joe

joe Well-Known Member

^^^
    Your avatar would look pretty good (for the next 10 years) in green 101GangGreen.

16. I’m beside myself how fans can continue to want the Jets to pass on offensive playmakers in the draft. Are these the same majority that wanted Vernon Gholston over Darren Mcfadden 5 years ago? Let that sink in. 5 years ago we are in the same spot…desperate for offensive playmakers. Yet so many people wanted us to go O-line/D-line or some other need.

Yes the trenches are important. But not to the strong degree so many of you are crying for. The game has changed. It’s about outside match-ups. Speed.movement skills. If you don’t have difference makers on the outside it doesn’t matter what you have upfront or on D. It’s time to address it once & for all. There are good trenchmen in every draft…there aren’t always quality offensive skill options.

17. 101GangGreen101

Warmack is the best rated guard since Steve Hutchinson, he's going to make our offensive line much better. He's going to be the BPA with our 9th pick. from round 2-7, I want offensive play-makers and linebackers, such as Gio Bernard or Travon Austin on offense. Vlad and Slauson are not the typical guards for our offense

You build the team from the inside out, look at the 49ers and how dominate they are in the trenches.

18. There are good O-linemen every single year. Goodness..just last year people were saying the same thing about Decastro. We're moving away from ground & pound(Run blocking is Warmack's strength) & will be seeing alot more 3 & 5 step drops in Mourningwig's system. When you factor that against added a dynamic talent like Tayvon Austin/Corradelle Patterson..I just don't see how you justify that argument. It isn't 1995 anymore...

19. NFL

NFL Active Member

I'm with you. There are too many offensive weapons I'm this draft, and it's one of our biggest needs. If we could get Tavon Austin in the late first it'll be a great move. Not only because of what he brings, but because I can see him in a Patriots uniform come draft day. I'm trying to figure out if there is a possible way that we can get both Cordarrelle and Tavon. The Revis trade comes into mind, but I've read multiple times that it is unlikely that he is traded before the draft.

20. 101GangGreen101

I thought DeCastro was overrated last year, watch Warmack against Georgia, dude dominated everyone that came in his path. Who is the BPA at 9 in your opinion?

I'm more interested in getting that feature back that can do it all. I really want either Eddie Lacy or Gio Bernard on this squad next season. They will be available at the end of the first round, first couple picks in the 2nd round. Gio Bernard especially because he can single handily take over a game. He's got that ability.

This isn't 1995 anymore, but the fact of the matter is you still need to dominate in the trenches. I think Brick and Mangold's play hasn't been as good because of Slauson and Vlad not living up to expectations. Brandon Moore is getting up there in age.

You don't neglect the offensive line. Look at the Eagles last season and the nightmare they had on the offensive line. I don't want our QBs going through that.

Bernard with Warmack pushing the defenders to the 2nd level? We can have a back average 4.5 ypc. I love that idea to be honest. Warmack doesn't just run block he can pass-protect too ... best prospect in a while. He will instantly make Mangold and Brick play at that all-pro level we are accustomed too.

That said, I don't mind getting Patterson / Bernard (especially if we trade Revis). I want an offense heavy draft.