Mike Macc - just as bad

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by nevbeats319, Sep 21, 2018.

1. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

Yes, he traded up for a QB. They probably thought Darnold would be gone, and they'd be picking between Mayfield, Rosen and Allen. Still, if Mac hadn't traded up, there's no chance we would have gotten Darnold and maybe not even a QB at all. It was Mac's trade up that led to us getting Darnold. He gets credit and kudos for the aggressive trade up early, minimizing the cost, and insuring that we got one of the top 3 QBs.

LAJet, Leicester Jet and NYJetsO12 like this.
  2. jago

jago Active Member

after 4 years, we have acquired none of these impact players:
    LT to protect qb
    true WR threat
    RB to carry load
    shutdown CB
    edge pass rusher
    intimidation LB
    i like sam despite thursday debacle, but we could’ve had watson or mahomes already playing, and three more R2 picks.
    a few clever trades otherwise a whiff.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NYJetsO12 and nevbeats319 like this.
  3. nevbeats319

nevbeats319 Well-Known Member

Looks like we are heading for another top 10 pick. I want no part of this Gm making draft selections since he cannot hit on anyone or even has them on the roster long enough to develop. I do not want 90 M in cap space for him to waste either. Clearly, he cannot do that wisely either even though 90% of this team is bought from FA it feels like. The fact the Charlie Caserly recommended him should have said it all.

tomdeb and NYJetsO12 like this.
  4. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

I had some mildly positive expectations for MM and NOTHING materialized ...turned out to be Bowles lackey

We are screwed with Defensive players up the kazoo..wasted drafts and FAs when he could have beefed up OL and Offense in general..

His latest shenanagin : paying 72 mil to T Johnson the CB who gets beat like a drum every Sun

Mac can go pick his nose..he would do it better than drafting players and FAs

Never trust a guy whose "on the job" assessing players and drinking Starbucks..prob more concerned about how he shoulda gotten Dark Roast over House Blend .>>>triple FEH

So long to you too

IDFjet and tomdeb like this.
  5. nevbeats319

nevbeats319 Well-Known Member

It’s been very frustrating. This teams entire depth feels like journey man special teams players that are just good enough to beat out the terrable draft picks

6. grkmanga31

grkmanga31 Well-Known Member

IMO, Macc has done a better job at being a GM, versus Bowles as an HC, but both have not done enough to warrant keeping their jobs past this season.

Macc has pulled off some clever trades and has landed Darnold, but his drafting record is filled with misses. Better teams that make the playoffs consistently do not miss on that many players in the first few rounds (Hackenberg, Devin Smith, Mauldin, Stewart, Hanson, just to name a few).

Best thing Macc has done is trade up to get Darnold and also the sheldon richardson move. Other than that, a lot of his decisions have no panned out. I would prefer the jets find a GM who wants to hire DeFilippo as coach so we can get someone who's offenses have traditionally been good. #1 priority is stack the roster with talent around Darnold

7. tomdeb

tomdeb Well-Known Member

THAT is exactly what it is...and endless rebuild...how the hell Johnson and Johnson thought anything different by giving Toilet and McIdiot extensions last year is beyond me.

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  8. TwoHeadedMonster

TwoHeadedMonster Well-Known Member

Mac is average, or a little below average.

One of the great ironies I find within the Jets' fandom is that, despite all the GREEN here, the grass is always greener elsewhere.

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  9. tooooon

tooooon Active Member

I’m on the fence about Mac for many of the reasons already mentioned, but here is why I want him fired along with Bowles.....I have zero faith he can hire the right head coach for this team. The thought of Mac bringing in “his guy” frightens the hell out of me.

tomdeb and NYJetsO12 like this.
  10. AlexJETS

AlexJETS Well-Known Member

Can we bring back Parcells?

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  11. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

yes as VP like old man T Coughlin is with Jax..he wont do it as a HC..even GM Not sure

12. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

I really don't think he'd do it. I don't know him, nor do I have any inside info, just my sense that after he left the Jets he was done.

13. Aewhistory

Aewhistory Well-Known Member

Why do we need a President or Head of Football Ops when we have the Johnson family!? Surely anyone who has skillessly inherited hundreds of millions of dollars merely by popping out of the correct genitals has the talent to run a professional football operation, right?

NYJetsO12 and Cman68 like this.
  14. Aewhistory

Aewhistory Well-Known Member

And yet it is amazing how often we fail to live up to even this modest mantra....

Maybe we should try something like:
    “please don’t embarrass yourselves and your fans”

Cman68 likes this.
  15. dmw

dmw Well-Known Member

How does Mac's drafting compare to other GMs? It looks bad to me, but comparing to other teams is most important.

16. dmw

dmw Well-Known Member

The Jets coaching is really lacking. They don't seem to be able to make effective in-game adjustments. Game strategy decision-making is too conservative. The players don't seem well-prepared or disciplined. This is all the responsibility of the coaching staff.

17. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

Just be present at game time?

18. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

No, that is of no importance. All that matters is team record . Mac is not charged with being as good or better than the field. He is here to win games

19. Footballgod214

Footballgod214 Well-Known Member

....and the clock is ticking....we have Darnold on the cheap for the next 4, but after that we'll be in cap hell like every other team. Williams/Adams/Lee and a few more will be looking to cash in soon. Look what happened to Seattle after their good drafts started to cash in. The team was gutted...same with the Ravens.

20. GasedAndConfused

GasedAndConfused Well-Known Member

above average. not spectacular but better then most and hits the minimums you'd expect. if darnold pans out though and out mid rounders this year that jumps up.