Mike Francesa Thread

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Royal Tee, May 4, 2009.

?

Which is it...

1. Fatcessa is a Jealous bitch.

55.3%
  2. Woody is definitely PSL whoring the QB around town.

7.6%
  3. Actually BOTH are right on.

28.0%
  4. Paranoid Android

9.2%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hemi

Hemi Well-Known Member

Can't listen to him anymore. All he wants to talk about is baseball.

2. Murrell2878

Murrell2878 Lets go JETS!

Francessa is a moron. I'm fully convinced of it.

3. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

There's nothing more dementing than listening to yourself talk endlessly about nothing for the amount of time that Francessa has been doing that. He's probably half as smart now as he was when he started doing the show.

Don't you think he has dreams that begin with "Steinbrenner says..." and end with "blah, blah, blah, blah" before he wakes up in a cold sweat?

4. KSJets

KSJets New Member

I read somewhere that since Sanchez's family stayed in the area for the past week that was why he was seen all over town. He was basically seeing the sites with his family. I see absolutely no problem with that.

5. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

its this thinking that doesn't get the SB you've been hoping for.

its another example for someone to say that jets fans don't deserve to even go to the big game because of this type of logic.

6. ToonWalker

ToonWalker New Member

Absolutely agree. It's sad to see someone so used to mediocrity that they expect it and , worse yet, are satisfied by it.
    I am very happy and encouraged by the more aggressive attitude of the Jets FO in the last few drafts. I don't mind taking a chance and swinging for the fences at an opportunity for greatness.

If the Jets are confident that Sanchez has a better chance of becoming a stud, franchise QB than the 3-year career backup, then I'm cool with that.

7. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

its about changing the culture.

I was screaming about it when the Jets were 8-3, and then it all fell apart. The CS abandoned the run when they were down by three points. They threw the ball more when Favre arm was clearly fatigued. The defense got worse after the Denver game because Mangini shit his pants and change the whole scheme and expected everyone to learn it in a week.

But nonetheless, the fans can't always be as big of vaginas as Bob Sutton still is. Its the making of a 6-10 season every year.

8. sec314

sec314 Well-Known Member

Nobody can support either argument. Only time will tell. The past has nothing to do with the NFL. My only argument is its the Jets!!

9. sec314

sec314 Well-Known Member

Huh, my opinion is based on the Jets past performances in big moments, on and off the field. I don't follow College Football, I have no idea what kind of player is, all I know is prior to the draft, I decided I did not want him, he's a walking hype machine and we fell for it. B U S T BUST BUST BUST

10. Murrell2878

Murrell2878 Lets go JETS!

But if you haven't seen him play why in the world would you even form an opinion on him?

11. Quinnenthebeast

Quinnenthebeast Well-Known Member

Dude, while I believed Clemens could have been the guy, I honestly think that Sanchez is a better type of quarterback for this team. Sanchez has better accuracy and good footwork, which equals good pocket presence. These qualities are better suited for the game managing type QB that Rex wants. If Clemens is truely better than Sanchez, however, then he should beat him out in training camp. While Woody sells the PSLs, Rex controls who starts. Rex wouldn't let Sanchez start if he wasn't ready.

12. Slagan7

Slagan7 Member

I agree with you. At least if your gonna say he is a bust, have something to back it up.

13. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 2018 Funniest Member Award Winner

So, basically, you're telling us to ignore your baseless and unfounded statements? Done.

14. jaywayne12

jaywayne12 Well-Known Member

Exactly. Like he is the first player for a New York team that hasnt accomplished anything yet but came here with much fanfare. Give me a break. If he had no invites at all, the same Jet fans would be bitching about how a possible franchise qb in the NY market is being ignored.

15. kennyo07

kennyo07 New Member

Sanchez will be the starter on opening day unless he gets injured or totally looks like a deer in headlights during summer camp/preseason games.

From last weeks mini camp I would bet that the latter reason is not going to happen. This kid is poised, intelligent and ready to compete and its May.

Besides, you dont draft someone #5, have him throw out the fist pitch for the Mets game and parade him around town if he is not going to be your savior. This game is fixed, Clemens has less than a 10% chance to start.

To add to my argument is the Rex factor, he just saw/developed the blueprint for this scenario with Flacco last year in Baltimore. You cant tell me Flacco was a better prospect coming out of college than Sanchez. Sanchez played for the best school in the country on the biggest stage. Those intangibles are in addition to the physical traits he already posses, which are better than Flacco's.

Our def is already in place along with the RB workhorses to have a ball control strong def gameplan every Sunday.

Book it, Sanchez will be our starting QB come Week 1 against Houston.

16. ToonWalker

ToonWalker New Member

"Hey guys, I don't know dick about cars. I've never even driven one. All I know is that Mercedes-Benz gets a lot of good press and hype, so I decided they are pieces of shit."

17. JetsNation06

JetsNation06 Well-Known Member

Francesa tends to get carried away. During football season he climbs all over the Giants jock.

He gives the Jets equal time usually, however he tends to treat the Jets as a joke and second-rate team in this city.

Now that we have something to look forward to as Jets fans and are creating an identity of our own he can't help but take potshots since he knows there's a lot of wins coming our way.

Screw him and let us enjoy our new franchise QB.

18. hammernnails

hammernnails New Member

The guy has not played a snap yet and you have him labeled as the all time bust????

you cant be serious!!.... are your related to Clemens or something... ??

19. Tony

Tony Bipedal, Reformed

He can piss off. Jets fans should be excited.

20. hammernnails

hammernnails New Member

HOLY GOOD LAWRD JESUS!!! You dont even watch College football... you have no idea what kind of player he is...... but he is a Bust??? you likely need medication....

I will help you out a little here and point out that Sanchez only started 1 year at USC ... that is not enough time to develop as a QB .. he also played on a team with mad talent at every position... this makes him & his #'s look better than if he was playing on a crappy team...based on those 2 facts, I am not anointing Sanchez anything yet until he proves himself in the NFL ....
    To label him the savior or a bust is extremely premature...

If you are going to make statements like this( "B U S T BUST BUST BUST" ) at least have some kind of reasoning to back it up .... and especially dont say you dont watch College Football and expect anyone to take you seriously when you talk about draft picks...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.