Mehta: Darrelle Revis doesn't want to play anymore

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Ozymandias, Nov 30, 2016.

1. PickSix

PickSix Well-Known Member

Especially when his contract gives him 15.3 million if he comes back?

2. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

I'll say this about the Revis deal though: I still like it. Fans were so low after 2014 (and rightfully so), so Mac and Company signing Revis then trading for Marshall brought instant energy and excitement back to the fan base. Worked for the 2015 season too, as the Jets won 10 games. Sadly, it did not last long and the deal looks horrible now.

3. playtowinthegame

playtowinthegame Well-Known Member

4. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

Right. I didn't really think about it when posting and I realize a pay cut is unlikely. Got it, guys.

5. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

I hope this season keeps him from getting into the HOF, the greedy bastard. I hope the only way he gets into the HOF is to buy a ticket like the rest of us schmucks.

The Dark Knight likes this.
  6. Poeman

Poeman Well-Known Member

He can retire and have everything...ring, hof, jet retirement ceremony

Ozymandias likes this.
  7. IIMeanDeanII

IIMeanDeanII Well-Known Member

How the fuck this guy still has a job with his cry wolf tactics is beyond me.

You can gaze at the field and proclaim that based on what we've seen this season but that doesn't mean he's going around telling people he is tanking this shit on purpose.

There is no "confidant". I bet he thought he was so clever when he came up with that instead of his typical bullshit "source".

Mehta is a joke.

NCJetsfan and The Dark Knight like this.
  8. ukjetsfan

ukjetsfan Well-Known Member

The 2016 Revis is not worth a single dollar, let alone $3-4 million of them. He does nothing on the field, gives zero effort, jogs around like he's in warm-ups and exudes a 'couldn't give a shit' attitude that should be kept away from all other players as a matter of urgency. I wish the team had the balls to cut him right now, or bench him if cap ramifications are too dire to cut him. Make him play special teams.

Seriously, this idea that he would be great at a lower price is baffling. He is a liability on the field and needs to be dumped as soon as possible unless he somehow rediscovers his pride and work ethic.

Freddy Mondo and NCJetsfan like this.
  9. greaser

greaser Well-Known Member

Does anyone (besides a few standouts) want to play?
    Seriously, that entire, lazy, unmotivated, shit team is in the same mindset.
    Well guess what princess??
    I DON'T WANT TO GO TO WORK EITHER!
    You gotta be kidding me with this shit. You're being paid an ass load of money, you sonofabitch! Do your damned job.

Not to mention the very strong support he HAD from the fans. People really were let down by his selfish attitude.

What a joke, he was my favorite player of all time a few years ago and now I really don't think he should be in Canton ever.

10. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

Well, lets ask this question: What about the cash? Revis willing to give up the majority of it if he "retires" or does he pocket all of his guaranteed money?

11. Red Menace

Red Menace Well-Known Member

Forget keeping him as a player, the only position I would ask him to think about is the secondary assistant coach position.

He should never be on this team as a player.

12. grkmanga31

grkmanga31 Well-Known Member

Mehta has a long history of shady "journalism". I will say this, it is easy to see that Revis is done, but why would any confidant run and tell that to Manish? My opinion is Manish throws shit at the wall and sees what sticks most of the time, and sometimes he comes away with a legitimate story.

IMO, I'm not exactly sure how or why Manish has retained his locker room access and beat writer privileges after the numerous stabs he's taken at individual players and the organization in general. If I was Woody I would revoke his privileges at season's end. Since Macc and Bowles came to the Jets, there have been minimal leaks regarding drama or organizational plans, having Manish writing these stories undermines their efforts to keep Jets out of the realm of drama.

#32 grkmanga31, Dec 1, 2016
    Last edited: Dec 1, 2016
    IIMeanDeanII and Mogriffjr like this.
  13. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

I agree. No one could have foreseen that his play would just turn to shit over night or that he would stop trying. He had always been a hard worker and competitor. I hated Revis when he was here the first time, but I welcomed him back and was ready to let bygones be bygones. No more. jettison his ass the second the season is over, or maybe during half time of the last game of the season.

14. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

Revis doesn't care, look at how he tackles, notice the lack of effort. Age is only an excuse really. Terrance Newman is 38 and is having an all-pro type season. Don't let the door hit you on the way out Revis, you can try that free safety shit else-where. Thanks Woody for opening the door for this to happen, everything he touches goes to shittttttttttttttt

15. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

Hell I don't even want him as a coach at this juncture. Lazy, bad leadership qualities. Maybe he can be the assistant's assistant, that's even stretching it.

Red Menace likes this.
  16. PulseJet

PulseJet Well-Known Member

It shows zero respect for the coach and the franchise. If even a shred of the article is true (and I think it is) Bowles should bench him for the rest of the season. But he wont.

17. microscopes

microscopes Member

And THIS is why the team always sucks.

Fans actually EXCUSE stupid deals like this.

Unbelievable.

Think a good team like teh Patriots would sign a has-been just to get the fan base pumped up?

Pathetic.

BrowningNagle likes this.
  18. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

Good point. In washington they aren't saying "you know, nobody thought Albert Haynesworth would suck, it was the right decision to sign him" In philly "Signing Asomougha was a good deal, it pumped us up! and who woulda thought he would fall off a cliff?"

19. Dierking

Dierking Well-Known Member

Well, I understand the sentiment, but DK's opinions on what the fans want and are willing to excuse is really not responsible for the team always sucking.

Poor talent acquisition going back decades now is the real reason.

20. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

haha..no way he retires..not a chance..he can say whatever he want but he would never walk away and leave money on the table.