Mawae's New Team (isn't it obvious?)

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by O'Brien7, Mar 11, 2006.

1. O'Brien7

O'Brien7 New Member

Kevin Mawae lives in Louisiana and the Saints do not have one center on the roster, not one!. If they are serious about signing Drew Brees, plus already having Joe Horn & Deuce, the Saints will probably be a good team in 2006. Mawae will see this and will jump on the opportunity to play for a good team in his home state.

Besides, there's no way he stays in the AFC East.

2. VegasMav

VegasMav Well-Known Member

Interesting...I think New Orleans will be the place to be in a few years, especially Larry Flynt's "Hustler" Club... :)

3. Cinvis

Cinvis New Member

The Saints will be the worst team in the NFL next season. If there was ever a chance for a team to go 0-16, its the 2006 Saints.

Deuce is coming off knee surgery (he had already slowed down after signing his big fat deal). Horn is 87 years old, and only got those big catch numbers because of Brooks having the rocket arm to hit him in those little sliver of openings he seemed to find (Brees, Leinart won't be able to do that).

Kev won't go to a loser team like that.

4. PinPointPenning10

PinPointPenning10 Well-Known Member

Thats not true, with Leinart or Brees they will have a good offense, Stallworth emerged as a very good WR last year, Horn isn't as old as he looks, and Deuce is one of the best RBs in the game when healthy. On defense they have some talent too...Grant, Howard, W. Smith, McKenzie. They're not a playoff team, but they definetly have enough talent to win some games.

5. King Koopa

King Koopa Well-Known Member

yea i agree, deuce coming back will be huge for them. but you can say this kinda stuff for any team, it's always hard to predict who will be bad

6. Cinvis

Cinvis New Member

There o-line is swiss cheese. Having one of the most mobile QB's in the league kept the sack #'s down. With Brees or Leinart, Carr's record may be in jeopardy.

Stallworth has the worst hands in the NFL. I don't know how many times I saw him get hit in the hands and drop it last year. Mostly on 3rd down plays that would have kept drives alive.

Horn is on the decline. If he were a #2 receiver at this point in his career, that would be fine, but in NO he can't carry the load.

Deuce had 1 great year, but slowed down as soon as he got his big contract. The replacement backs did better than he did last year.

Darren Howard is a FA, and won't be back in NO. 32nd ranked D year before last. Last year the rankings didn't do it justice. They got behind so quickly in most games, teams stopped throwing the ball.

7. stinkyB

stinkyB 2009 Best Avatar Award Winner

I think letting Mawae go this year was stupid. At his price I don't see a replacement being much cheaper, so why not retain him this season while drafting his replacement, then let him walk next year once the new guy has experience.

8. Cinvis

Cinvis New Member

If they plan to draft a career center high in the draft, then you almost had to let him go. You don't draft an o-lineman that high to have him sit on the bench for a year or two.

9. mudman

mudman New Member

You have now posted 2 messages in this thread talking up the abilities of Aaron Brooks?!?!

Are you kidding me? He is without a doubt one of the worst QBs in the game. He may have some atheletic ability but he loses more games by himself than any starter in the league. Leinart or Brees would add 3-4 wins to that team just by replacing that puss!

10. Cinvis

Cinvis New Member

Please... Show me one game that 'he lost by himself'.

11. NY2MD_FS

NY2MD_FS Member

as much as i like mawae this was the perfect time to let him go. I much rather see his skills deteriorate wearing another teams jersey whether its the aints or someone else. besides this makes sense since the aints need a replacement for bentley

12. DROB63Cmart28

DROB63Cmart28 Banned

I would want Mawae to go to them it would be better then seein him with the fins. If they sign Mawae sign Brees Draft D Brick draft some more good talent on D they could be an 6-10 7-9 maybe even 8-8 team next year which will be a good improvement for them.

13. mudman

mudman New Member

That's clever. But the guy was still one of the most overrated QBs in the game til this past year. He is a horrid decision maker.

On another point, I would say that David Carr is a better runner than Brooks and that hasnt stopped him from getting killed each week either.

14. CT. Jets Fan

CT. Jets Fan New Member

I have to disagree.

Mawae wants a championship and with the Eagle's losing out on Bentley..I could see Mawae in that Bird's Nest in Philly next year.

15. Cinvis

Cinvis New Member

David Carr better runner than Brooks... Ok then.

I love when posters comment on players that they have never seen play before.

16. mudman

mudman New Member

I dont want to beat this to death, but I have watched both players play.
    I feel Carr is the much better runner and if you had ever seen him play you would definitely agree. The stats, which I admit dont necesarily tell the story when it comes to QB mobility, also favor Carr over the last 4 years.

Carr 215 rushes 1040 yards 4.8 avg
    Brooks 219 rushes 882 yards 4.0 avg

As I am writing this I am realizing how ridiculous it is to argue either side of this point. Bottom line is that Leinart and Brees would be major upgrades over Brooks, who had some potential, never reached it and is now deteriorating to the bottom class of the NFL's starting QBs.

17. stinkyB

stinkyB 2009 Best Avatar Award Winner

yes, but now it "forces their hand" which limits their draft opportunities especially in regards towards the BAP.

18. Jtuds

Jtuds Active Member

He is going to Miami.