Mason Rudolph 2017 Games Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Draft' started by Cman68, Sep 5, 2017.

1. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

Mason having a great game...but I think the big 3 are better plus Allen impressed me with with how he doesn't take snaps from the shotgun but under center

After Rosen and Darnold as targets ..Mac has to ask himself do I go after Allen or Mayfield?

Mayfield played better competition than Allen and won a Heisman ..I hope we get it right

westiedog1 likes this.
  2. NYJetsO12

Hmmm wouldn't it be great to sign all these QB beasts available at draft time and see who makes the team..ahahaha

westiedog1 and Mogriffjr like this.
  3. JethroTull

JethroTull 2018 Least Knowledgeable Poster

Rudolph was impressive yesterday but still Skeptical on Big 12 QBs. Would draft him over Baker the Bust but not a top 10 pick IMO. Mahomes was a significantly superior prospect.

4. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

Still not that impressed, those receivers were running wide open all night long. That has to be the best receiving core in the nation. Man if the Jets needed a receiver that one receiver Washington was a beast. Then the other guy was like 6'4 with some good speed down the field.

I wouldn't draft him over Baker ... Mahomes far more superior compared to Rudolph / Baker, I agree.

5. legler82

legler82 Well-Known Member

6. Martin&theJETS

Martin&theJETS Well-Known Member

Those are pretty small hands for a guy that big.

101GangGreen101 likes this.
  7. NYJetsO12

All these measurements are BS imo

Watch how they play on Film against quality teams ..to me way more of an eye opener

westiedog1 likes this.
  8. westiedog1

westiedog1 Well-Known Member

Thank you for responding to this. I'm getting so tired of all the negativity that comes out about each prospect. And we still have 3 months to go until the draft. Remember last year how DeShaun Watson would never amount to anything because the velocity on his ball was so low? LOL. Check the production and check the tape. That's all you need to know. I would take Mason Rudolph at 6 in a heartbeat.

#48 westiedog1, Jan 23, 2018
    Last edited: Jan 23, 2018
    NYJetsO12 likes this.
  9. 101GangGreen101

Mason Rudolph = when you look at only statistics. Dude is a product of the best receiving corps in college football. If you watch any time really, receivers are making great plays on the ball.

10. Martin&theJETS

But production can be highly overrated in air raid systems.

Would you like another Geno Smith, Bryce Petty, or Branden Weeden? The list goes on.

11. NYJetsO12

Pat Mahomes was air raid and that didn't stop Andy Reid

Rudolf was 6-3 in Big 12 and lost to Oklahoma by 10 They beat Virginia Tech and Pitt...frankly I think he is better than Allen who they hype no end...not my first sec or third choice but if the chips fall that way I won't be sorry if we got him

ColoradoContrails and westiedog1 like this.
  12. legler82

Mayock and Charles Smith just interviewed Rudolph. I tell you one thing Rudolph he sure sounds the part of and carries himself like a FQB.

westiedog1 likes this.
  13. Martin&theJETS

I wasn’t big on Mahomes. The TT offense has been on the most inflated in history over the last 10 years.

Idk if Reid is the best blueprint. These things are hard to predict. Rudolph could end up being the best QB in the draft, so could Allen.

It’s a crap shoot. #6 just seems rich for anyone other than Darnold and Rosen. But it’s all about who you like.

There are many metrics, but to me, footwork and reading defenses seem to be the best two metrics. I haven’t studied Rudolph a whole lot, or any other QB extensively.

These air raid QBs just have massive buyer beware signs on them.

14. Martin&theJETS

Do you have a link? I was just looking for it.

15. legler82

I watched it live. Maybe NFLN will post it on their website later.

16. Jetsfansince95

Jetsfansince95 Well-Known Member

17. Jetsfansince95

Jetsfansince95 Well-Known Member

If he ends up with the Patriots I might lose it ...

westiedog1 likes this.
  18. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

Just calling attention to this article posted on the right hand links.
    https://www.ganggreennation.com/201...018-nfl-draft-mason-rudolph-qb-oklahoma-state

It certainly gave me food for thought. He has all the physical traits, although perhaps not a great arm certainly adequate, and the few clips embedded show some traits you want to see in a QB, and not hope he can learn them because too often that faith is unrewarded.

Within the article, the author, Matt M, says:

"I go by the rule of if you think the guy is a franchise QB, you take him when you can. I believe Rudolph has franchise QB potential, and I would have no problem taking him at 6."

And I agree with that philosophy. I'd like to see more on Rudolph, but if the Jets think he can be their FQB they should go get him.

CotcheryFan likes this.
  19. 101GangGreen101

If they take Rudolph at 6, just take a break from the Jets for a few years cause Rudolph is a backup at best. If Mac takes Rudolph at 6, then that's all I need in terms of Mac's evaluations. I found that link, to be very biased. Not one mention of the fact that he has probably the best supporting cast out of any of the QBs coming out this year. That supporting cast made Rudolph look so good. Questionable deep ball accuracy (ball flutters down the field). He has a very low ceiling.

20. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

I know it's very little to go on, but I like the way he moved in the pocket and managed the defense with his eyes/movements, and those throws didn't look like "flutters" to me. I agree that he probably doesn't warrant the #6 pick since I think he'll be there later, but as I just posted in the Cousins thread, if they got Cousins, Rudolph might be a good QB to have to groom behind him.