Marshawn Lynch...Where's the Outrage?

Discussion in 'National Football League' started by Greenday4537, Aug 13, 2017.

1. The Waterboy

The Waterboy Well-Known Member

So much wrong in your post so I will address it and then move on. I'm sure rated TV Viewership has been in decline for some time due to the surge in Netflix, Amazon Prime, Etc. so any chart might show a gradual decline over many years for it. Football is nowhere near as easy to cut the cord on and anyway the truth just does not match your post, football ratings have risen every year since 2000 and then last year showed a precipitous drop of 8%. Anyone should be easily able to see it does not match prime time and other shows when it comes to ratings.

And all the evidence you have been shown you still try to push, "football fans have actually increased their viewership"? How does an 8% drop equal an increase in viewership?
    The other poll I read also tells me your claim that, "Kaepernick and the protest have had very little impact on the NFLs loss of viewership" is wrong, since that was the number one reason given by people polled that were watching less NFL on television.

2. JetLifeLo

JetLifeLo Well-Known Member

Salute to you, Mr. Kaepernick.

Awesome person.

3. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

They are in no way affiliated and that's my point. Everyone has their own battle.

4. 101GangGreen101

Media is bullshit. To quote this:

"The issues brought up by black lives matter existed before Trump was President"

These issues may have come to light before Trump, but Trump took lighter fluid and matches and really created a firestorm. The people you see now are followers of Trump and his vision of America. If a different president won, I think we would still see protests, but I don't think it would be as extreme as it is now.

BigSnacks54 likes this.
  5. Patriot

Patriot Well-Known Member

Waterboy, believe me I know how to read a poll. I have taken a couple of courses in Statistics and Stochastic Systems. I understand what confidence levels are and margins of errors in polls. I am stupid in many subjects, but this is not one of them. I could continue but I don't want to bore the readers of this forum. I made a simple word smith error and there was no intent in twisting the argument.

Both you and Tony are making reasonable arguments. You are correct in suggesting that the National Anthem is a big issue, if you read some of my posts you will see I am very displeased with this myself also. Tony also is making some valid arguments but may be wrong in dismissing your argument. Tony is correct that the NFL has future problems other than the National Anthem.

As to the poll you site, the sample size is not that great. Also opinion polls do have flaws, one only needs to look at the last Presidential election to see the polls were dead wrong. Tony may be correct that some folks exaggerated the National Anthem issue in the poll. Also demographics plays a big role in polls.

In conclusion both you and Tony are right and you both need to consider each others argument. So give each other a hug and make up.

6. Patriot

Patriot Well-Known Member

The issue of African Americans being killed by cops whether it be justifiable homicide, police error or negligence, or criminal police abuse is nothing more than the liberal establishment trying to cover up the real problems facing the African Community. President Johnson's War on Poverty has been a losing war. I am also not suggesting the right wingers have a plan that is any better either. Poverty and African Americans killing African Americans is the real problem that needs addressing. It is to bad Booker T Washington's advice and philosophies were ignored by African American leaders. I sometimes wonder what Booker T, if he were alive today, would have to say.

7. forevercursed

forevercursed Well-Known Member

What Kaepernick did last year absolutely infuriated the NFL's core demographic. The NFL would have a hard time existing without that demographics disposable income and full undivided attention. It jolted the league when they saw that drop in viewership.

You had John Mara basically telling you he gets loads of mail from die hard fans saying they will never attend another Giants game if a Giants player ever does what Kaepernick did.

"But what about what this player did!? Or that incident, or when X happened and nobody said anyt..."

So? And? We don't owe you an explanation. We're the one's who pay thousands for PSL's, and parking, and merchandise, and Madden 18 for the kids and all the things that make the NFL machine churn.

Kaepernick right now is facing the consequences for his actions which I'm sure he knew he would. The fans are not going to tolerate copycat Kaepernicks either, so it looks like we may have another showdown on this unfortunately. How badly does the NFL want to piss off its golden goose?

#68 forevercursed, Aug 19, 2017
    Last edited: Aug 19, 2017
    Patriot likes this.
  8. zace

zace Well-Known Member

You dont understand a single thing about black people need. It's not some liberal cover up, its systemic racism that's been occurring since the county began. It's half thought out ideas like that, that continue the subconscious racism that infects this country. Whether you like it or not, it's real.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

101GangGreen101 likes this.
  9. 101GangGreen101

Liberal cover-up? What in the fuck? I suggest you educate yourself on things such as the War on Drugs. How drugs were systematically pumped into minority areas. How it systematically put black men in jail and away from their families.

10. Greenday4537

Greenday4537 Well-Known Member

I'm dying with how the media is covering white players standing up for their black teammates that are protesting.

Black player protests? Evil.
    White player shows support? Great teammate, so brave.

11. The Waterboy

I'm dying that some people can't see how the media plays them

12. Greenday4537

The media is totally unbiased and definitely doesn't warp our sense of morality.

13. The Waterboy

So, since I am guessing this is sarcasm, please let me know which side you think the media is biased towards.
    Please show me the news outlets that praised the white players and portrayed the black players as evil. Same news outlet for both sides.

14. Greenday4537

Every major news network is biased. Every single one of them.

15. The Waterboy

Then you should be outraged at yourself for letting them once again pull your strings. It's like Charlie brown going to kick the football once again, thinking something will be different.

16. forevercursed

The networks are biased FOR Kaepernick. They constantly put on annoying, far left social justice driven nutbags who were the same ones telling me Bruce Jenner is beautiful and brave, I'm somehow the problem because I looked away in disgust when Michael Sam was drafted. The Redskins need to change their name, and now they want to bully and threaten the league into having one of its owners put Kaepernick on his team. Stephen A. Smith, Kornheiser, Skip Bayless. Horrible

17. xxedge72x

xxedge72x 2018 Gang Green QB Guru Award Winner

Call me naive but I do really think it comes down to football talent. Bennett and old man Lynch can get away with it because they are productive and reliable. Kaepernick has regressed horribly since his SB appearance and it's easy to question if his priorities conflict with his ability to play good football.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

18. forevercursed

19. TonyFtLaud

TonyFtLaud Well-Known Member

The protest will continue and likely grow. The league should be proactive and request teams do something to show a sign of unity. Maybe have the teams come together and interlock arms . Make a statement that the players, White ,Black , Brown, and the League are United and expect equality for all races.