Marcus Maye Likely Out Week 2

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Falco21, Sep 13, 2018.

1. Rollo Tomassi

Rollo Tomassi Well-Known Member

Belli would call it a “lower body injury” and tell everyone else to fuck off.

There is zero reason for a coaching staff to be specific as to what an injury is.

In fact, Bowles ripped Pryor a new asshole for doing exactly that.

Why do we need to know? Can we help in the diagnosis/treatment?

2. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

no, that's bullshit. Coaching staffs are required to be forthright about injuries and are subject to league punishment if they are not.

KurtTheJetsFan likes this.
  3. MoWilkBeast

MoWilkBeast Well-Known Member

But, but, but... I have instant access to everything now and I wanna know...

NCJetsfan likes this.
  4. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

No, they are required to report players as injured. They don't need to be specific. If coaches were penalized for not being specific about injuries then Belichick would be broke by now.

Edit: I'm not saying I like it, I'm just saying Bowles isn't really breaking any rules. He's just pissing us off.

5. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

Colts lied about Luck's injury. No league punishment there. This has been happening for a long time with franchises.

6. Its not about who needs to know & who doesnt..its in the rule book & has been forever.

Its one thing to be vague & to protect your players its another to go the extra mile & just make a mockery of the entire ordeal.Bellichick isnt just vague...he withholds injuries from the report,lies etc.

Wouldnt surprise me if Bowles withholds names as well but at the very least falls into the “mockery” category. The one thing he displays any assertiveness about publicly just comes across as petty & decieving

BrowningNagle likes this.
  7. 101GangGreen101

I don't care if I know or not. If he's out for the year and it's fully confirmed, then perhaps he should bring it up and put him on the IR.

8. Rollo Tomassi

When you say "forthright"--how much forthrighteousness are you looking for? How much specificity?

And are you desiring this information for the benefit of other teams? Or the betting public? Or to quench your curiosity? Or are you just concerned about a fine that you don't have to pay.

Besides--he's not required to officially announce injuries until the day before a game--besides--injury reports--whether they be practice reports or game day injury reports need not be specific about the exact nature of the injury--just injury status, whether they practiced and whether they will play.

Again, who needs to know the specifics?

Stop being a fan and put yourselves in a coaching staff's shoes.

9. Rollo Tomassi

What part of this rule states that the information needs to be accurate about the EXACT nature of the injury? It's just the STATUS. I've never known it to be a rule that a coaching staff is required to give a full medical update as to the exact NATURE of the injury.

https://operations.nfl.com/updates/football-ops/2016-nfl-injury-report-policy/

The Practice Report provides clubs and fans with an accurate description of a player’s injury status and how much he participated in practice during the week. If any player has a significant or noteworthy injury, it must be listed on the practice report, even if he fully participates in practice and the team expects that he will play in the team’s next game. This is especially important for key players whose injuries may be covered extensively by the media.

The Game Status Report provides clubs and fans with an accurate description of a player’s availability for the club’s next game. Teams must notify the league, their opponent, local and national media, and the league’s broadcast partners of the status of their injured players by 4 p.m. ET the day before their next scheduled game.

In 2016, the designation of “Probable (virtual certainty player will be available for normal duty)” has been eliminated from the Game Status Report. If a player is certain to play — even if he had been listed on the club’s Practice Report during the week — he should no longer be listed in the Game Status Report.

The Game Status Report’s player availability categories are defined as:

• Out – Will not play
    • Doubtful – Unlikely to play
    • Questionable – Uncertain if player will play

10. Rollo Tomassi

That's exactly it. No one gives a shit about being benevolent to the public or the press or to other teams or the fines associated with it--they just....NEED TO KNOW!!!

Who gives a fuck if it helps other teams--you know--our competitors--out.

So silly.

11. Well let me ask you is a “sore foot” an accurate depiction of maye’s current situation? We likely wont know till he comes back or goes on IR but it comes across as petty.

Was Bowles description of Pryor getting ankle “cleaned up” as if it was just housekeeping rather than a brand new injury & then becomming abrasive w everyone involved when he clearly lied..was that accurate?

Those are just 2 instances w our ciach.Bellicheat goes even further w it & it comes across as underhanded & condescending

You dont need to provide the specfic injury, the severity or the timetable..but when you start saying “sore lower torso” its just silly

To be honest it makes no difference to me.Coaches should protect their players but when you start mocking the system,outright lying & then get abrasive when you get called out who are these guys trying to fool?

12. stinkyB

stinkyB 2009 Best Avatar Award Winner

Who gives a shit?!? The dude's hurt and can't play, that's all the news we really need to hear. I'd rather him miss a couple of games than complicate an injury (or injury something else as a result of favoring the preexisting injury) from coming back too soon. Unfortunately I've done BOTH

FJF likes this.
  13. Rollo Tomassi

Again, only required to give the status--not specifics.

Fans complain because they NEED TO KNOW.

When actually they don't and I'd prefer other teams not know specifics or even a scintilla of anything more than the rules require.

14. Yeah alright.You guys are just gonna trash anything i say and thats fine.

15. Then why evn have the injury report at all?Everybody’s banged up once Week 1 comes & goes.

Why even have this very discussion about Maye?Nobody cares right?Hes back when hes back.Could be next week or could be next year.Could be a bad hangover or could be a double lung transplant either way shut diwn the thread??

16. Rollo Tomassi

No no no--I am 100% not trashing you.

And I get that we all want to know what's going on but it really doesn't help us any to know exactly what his injury is other than for curiosity's sake and we can't do anything to medically help him.

I just don't think there is any reason to give anyone else in the league information that (i) they aren't entitled to and (ii) might come back to haunt us--as remote as that is.

17. Rollo Tomassi

The injury report is mandated for one reason and one reason only.

For the betting public. Has nothing to do with football or fans or competition.

It's about gambling so everyone is on an even footing.

But it's perfectly fine to discuss injuries, we just shouldn't get all worked up because Bowles isn't giving us the details.

No reason to close the thread.

KurtTheJetsFan likes this.
  18. We’re good manI just think you guys are misinterpreting me.

My frustration isnt about not knowing. I just hate the gigantic waste of time & insult of everyone’s IQ the whole ordeal projects.

Either disclose the injuries in a uniform manner or only list those who are out. Id rather go in completely blind than hear BB’a voice mumbling “right side sore” in my head.

The frivolously vague Bellicheat-esque stuff just comes across as insulting & unprofessional.just an excuse for certain coaches to pump their chest.And i watch the pressers,the second the media feels info is being with held regardless if its the back up long snapper they pick at it for at least 3 more minutes knowing full well they arent getting any info.

I also didnt care for Bowles being so abrasive when he got called out in the Pryor situation.I get he was thrown under the bus by the very person he was trying to protect but cmon you lied & whats done is done.Its the offseason at least show some reasonability

#58 KurtTheJetsFan, Sep 18, 2018
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 18, 2018
  19. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

yeah, its not right though. if they are going to have the rules and teams break it, they should be punished.

Not only is it in the CBA, and it has competitive and contractual ramifications, but they are also in the entertainment business. It damages the product in general if you are going to lie about injuries

20. 101GangGreen101

I don't disagree. Luck got hurt on a Snowboarding trip and they told no one until a few months ago, if the NFL really punished them, perhaps it would send a message to other teams. Right now teams don't fully disclose injuries. I bet you Rodgers has more then a sprained knee, he did his post game interview in WK1 and was high as a kite. I dont think thats an indictment on Bowles, just how the league works nowadays ...

Jets81 and BrowningNagle like this.