Madden 25

Discussion in 'Video Games' started by LongIslandBlitz, Dec 17, 2013.

1. LongIslandBlitz

LongIslandBlitz Well-Known Member

Hey guys i was just wondering if there was any Madden 25 players on this site.Thoughts on the game ?If anyone wants to go head to head or start a franchise let me know.I think the games ok its a little better then last years .Running the ball is much better but small things annoy me like Challenging a play witch isnt as good as past games,nothing gets overturned.

2. dawinner127

dawinner127 Well-Known Member

One thing that really bothers me is how not all turnovers are reviewed. Interceptions, I understand because you rarely see a crazy int but fumbles need to be automatically looked at.

3. displacedfan

displacedfan Well-Known Member

I don't play online, I'm enjoying some things in the game:

Read option plays, running them and defending them. I'm terrible at running them and defending them, but I've gotten better. I get burnt a lot facing a QB like Kap when I sell out with the pre snap defensive assignments when they pass.

Zone defense feels greatly improved. I've had people go to their zone, pass people off, and not get lost.

They added the short hitch, flare screen and other routes to pre snap adjustments for WR. I basically become Peyton Manning at the line of scrimmage if there is no accelerated clock.

Some negatives:

I feel like the comeback route and the post route to the sideline from the slot WR or TE are unguaradable in straight man to man coverage. The post route seems unguardable in general.

The players take some weird angles on tackles still.

Injuries and the game speed on default are bad. I lowered my speed threshold to make it more realistic and lowered the injuries slider.

DL pressure seems to be rare when I'm playing defense. If it does come it always comes from the right side of the line or the LE on the defensive side

4. LongIslandBlitz

Def its worst part of game and kick returns are way to easy

5. LongIslandBlitz

Its easy to get sacks against computer for me but when playing online its very hard unless the person ur playing is awful and holds onto ball to long

6. DHarris52

DHarris52 Active Member

Anyone notice how when kicking, the wind is actually blowing the EXACT OPPOSITE of where the arrow says its blowing?

7. dawinner127

dawinner127 Well-Known Member

I think it's because with wind (like in real life) it's coming from that direction.. Not actually blowing in that direction? Just a guess

8. displacedfan

The wind has been like that the last couple years. I only first noticed when it's raining or snowing and the rain is going opposite the arrow.

If I go to kick a FG and the win arrow shows

<---
    13mph

The rain/snow will be blowing left to right on your screen. It's so strange, has messed me up a couple times when I forget especially when trying a long FG and I think I have the 15 MPH at my back, not into the wind.

9. Soul Rebel 212

Question --- Has anyone been able to move Richardson inside to DT and Coples to DE, in order to run a 4-3 in the connected franchise mode offline?

I hate playing a 34 on Madden and want to run a 4-3 and utilize Coples as an end and Richardson as a tackle, but when I try to place Richardson at DT, he drops to a 67 overall. In the regular mode he keeps his high 80s rating and there's no issue. I'm assuming nothing can be done, but just wanted to check if anyone else has successfully done this as a franchise mode.

Thanks!!

10. cgrec

cgrec Well-Known Member

I would still give it a shot with Richardson at DT. Even though his overall looks bad, his important stats like block shedding, power move, pursuit, etc will all stay the same.

11. displacedfan

Try also changing your scheme in the coaching options. Sometimes that can drastically change the overall of a player

12. Soul Rebel 212

Good advice all around. I will try both ideas when I get home. It's frustrating because when I play the versus mode outside of the franchise mode, it drops Richardson only a couple of points at DT, so I couldn't understand why when I play in Franchise mode that it didn't carry over.

Thank you both though

13. displacedfan

Any update if either suggestion worked?

I noticed something strange when I was playing my connected career. I'm in year two and I have Ahmad brooks. In the middle of my game on the depth chart, he's rated high 80s, but when the game is over and I check my depth chart in the connected career screen he's low 80s, high 70s. I believe that is a scheme type thing throwing off the ratings for me.

14. Umphpool

Umphpool Well-Known Member

Weird we cant do anything around this yet even in Madden 15