Los Angeles Rams?

Discussion in 'National Football League' started by BrowningNagle, Feb 9, 2015.

1. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

its happening folks, they are coming back. Okay so not official but the writing is on the wall.

Owner switches to a year to year lease in ST. Louis
    http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/12233999/st-louis-rams-notify-city-go-year-year-dome-lease

Owner Buys 60 acre land in LA and meets with stadium developers
    http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap30...louis-rams-owner-plans-to-build-stadium-in-la

NFL forms a "LA relocation committee" of goodell butt kissing owners
    http://www.foxsports.com/west/story...see-possible-relocation-to-los-angeles-020915

2. pclfan

pclfan Well-Known Member

I think you're 100% right. The Rams owner isn't talking and Goodell not surprisingly is again lying by denying everything but looks like the LA Rams are returning. You don't have to be a rocket scientist to put together the pieces of this story. Only Goodell could say not true even though as you've shown the Rams owner has all his ducks lined up in a row.

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  3. Greenday4537

Greenday4537 Well-Known Member

Meh, people have been saying this for a while. Like California really needs another team.

4. Walt White

Walt White Well-Known Member

Definitely should bring back the old uni's too

5. JStokes

JStokes Well-Known Member

Definitely.

[​IMG]
    _

alleycat9 and nyjetsmets89 like this.
  6. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

I love the Rams helmet, the old blue and white look nice but I like the blue and yellow they used to have.

sucks for St. Louis though, losing another team.

7. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

Yeah....they are moving at a fast clip to ramrod the stadium through the usual lengthy process. They're bypassing environmental regs and shorcutting a public vote. The area where Kroenke purchased the 60 acres wants it badly...and Los Angeles is in the middle of a development boom right now.

Even the FAA height regs (site is near LAX) are getting worked around by building the stadium in a 100 foot deep hole. Should be ready by 2018 if everything goes to plan.

It's not like the LA folk are clamoring for a local team again...especially the Rams. The Raiders or Chargers have more appeal to the regular football fans here for some friggin' reason.

But this guy Kroenke has the money and more importantly the team to get it done.

8. pclfan

pclfan Well-Known Member

The major reason I think they moved from LA to STL was that Georgia Frontiere was originally from St. Louis. Plus it's always been very hard to get a new stadium deal in the LA area. I know the Rams have been complaining about the domed stadium in STL but its only 20 years old. You can't expect a city to change stadiums every 20 years or threaten to move. It's crazy.

Br4d likes this.
  9. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

The only city that actually owns an NFL franchise is Green Bay and that's only because the franchise is widely held and it would be very hard to move it. Most teams won't move from the general vicinity but they're all free agents when it comes to stadium deals in close proximity.

10. Br4d

Sure you can. The NFL is a monopoly in it's entertainment field at this point. There's no reason they wouldn't put the screws on local governments to pay them for the privilege of hosting a franchise. The smart local governments say no.

11. pclfan

pclfan Well-Known Member

This guy just wants to move the team to LA. That's why he bought the team and then purchased the property in Inglewood. He figures the franchise value will probably at least double in LA. Look what the Clippers got and an NFL franchise is worth a lot more than that.

12. Br4d

Steve Ballmer obviously bought the Clippers to move them to Seattle. He's playing nice now but he's going to get out of his deal with the Forum and move the team as soon as he can figure out how to do that. It just is what it is. Professional sports franchises like to make the linkage to local community and all that but they're ready to move on if they see a better deal elsewhere.

The day the Brooklyn Dodgers moved professional sports changed. There had been moves before that but the Dodgers were a highly successful team beloved by the community and it just did not matter. The money was in LA and Brooklyn could go screw itself. Every team in professional sports except for Green Bay is in that potential situation. When the local community gets lucky the move is just a few miles to another state across the river or a suburban town with diamonds in it's eyes. When they're not the Dodgers or the Lakers or the baseball Giants or the Colts or the Browns or the Supersonics is on the move and there is nothing you can do about that.

13. BacktoQueens

BacktoQueens Well-Known Member

gotta agree. best helmet in football, and looked good in all the color variations they've used.

i'd also prefer they stay in STL. screw Los Angeles, it's not a football town and never will be one..

14. mute

mute Well-Known Member

I drove by ebbets field the other day. Hard to imagine a big baseball stadium was once there.

Sent from my LG-LS720 using Tapatalk

alleycat9 likes this.
  15. nyjunc

The earliest game I can remember watching on TV was a Rams-Cowboys game, on some level seeing the only blue and yellow helmet takes me back to being a kid. I just love that helmet, I also love the Bengal helmet(uni's are horrible)and the old Viking one.

BacktoQueens likes this.
  16. BacktoQueens

yeah i started getting into football in the early 80's, and Jack Youngblood and those Rams blue/yellow helmets just symbolized the team for me.

the other best helmet imo is definitely the throwback Vikings, you nailed it.
    darker purple, grey facemask, simple Viking horn, no words or other logo. like the Rams, the helmet perfectly symbolizes the team.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Murrell2878 and nyjunc like this.
  17. nyjunc

I like the old Eagles too, I used to love when they used to wear their white jerseys.

[​IMG]

Murrell2878 likes this.
  18. nyjunc

and I love these, this looks perfect w/ the Jets at Shea.

[​IMG]

Murrell2878 likes this.
  19. JStokes

JStokes Well-Known Member

One of my early faves

[​IMG]
    _

20. BacktoQueens

always thought the Reggie White/Buddy Ryan days were the Eagles best...
    their current look is terrible.

[​IMG]