Lorenzo Mauldin IV

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Jay Bizniss, Nov 7, 2015.

1. PabloJa

PabloJa Well-Known Member

Good Ol' Lozo?

[​IMG]

JetsVilma28 likes this.
  2. DaBallhawk

DaBallhawk Well-Known Member

Must be the concussion again, right? :rolleyes:

All that after his breakout performance, and against a mobile QB when we really needed him out there. Todd really makes incredibly dumb decision at times. There really is no excuse for these idiotic decisions. Don't give me this "based on certain packages" horseshit.

3. grkmanga31

grkmanga31 Well-Known Member

Per Brian Costello "Bowles confirms doctors have recommended season ending surgery for Mauldin. He will get 2nd opinion"

4. Red Menace

Red Menace Well-Known Member

Uuughhhh, its over for him, I was a fan of his as most of you guys know. It sucks that life keeps throwing this guy some serious curveballs.

If it's not with Jets, I do hope he gets one more shot in the NFL.

alleycat9 likes this.
  5. grkmanga31

It sucks but I'm not shocked, apparently his herniated disc problems have been present since the latter part of his rookie season. Aside from making Mauldin put on weight, herniated discs are no joke and of course they will hamper your ability to play. He's under contract for next season, but who knows whether he plays another snap for the Jets.

Red Menace likes this.
  6. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

Where do you get that the herniated disc made Maulding put on weight? He's on record as saying that he intentionally put on weight following his rookie season in order to try to be better at setting the edge.

7. grkmanga31

Phrased it wrong. He was told by the coaching staff to put on weight so as to be at a playing weight where he can transform from a pass rusher to an all around linebacker. The herniated disc apparently has been hampering Mauldin from the latter part of his rookie season. So when you combine the weight gain, which nullified his speed, then factor in the disc it makes for a bad mix. Hope he gets well soon

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

8. Quinnenthebeast

Quinnenthebeast Well-Known Member

I've decided to give up this avatar. I was really hoping Mauldin would become the pass rusher that we desperately needed.

Injuries have been a big problem for the guy, but I haven't seen much since there was a few glimpses of burst during his rookie year. However, I mostly blame coaching for the overall poor performance of the defense. Our linebackers look like crap now.

I've pretty much lost all faith in this organization including Mac and feel we should clean house again after this season. Mac had his opportunity to build a team through spending a ton of cap and has done a bad job of it. Bowles hasn't learned since he's gotten here.

9. NCJetsfan

You still have it wrong. He was not told by the CS to put on the weight. It was his decision and his alone.

10. grkmanga31

11. NCJetsfan

LOL How typical of the Star Ledger. Here's an article by Connor Huges that completely contradicts Darryl Slater's article above:

http://www.nj.com/jets/index.ssf/2017/05/down_nearly_10_pounds_jets_lorenzo_mauldin_ready_f.html

My apologies. I had not seen the article you quoted.

12. grkmanga31

I happen to find Hughes and Slater to actually be two of the better beat writers. Regardless, does it really matter who or why he gained weight? He hasn't done anything and now he'll prob be out for the whole year. It sucks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

13. NCJetsfan

They are two of the better beat writers. That's what makes it so sad and pathetic. The Jets can't even get decent beat writers.

Ultimately, I guess it doesn't matter all that much, but imo it's one thing if a player makes a decision to do something and it backfires. It's quite another if the CS asks a player to do something and it backfires. Actually, your article is more damning of Bowles and his previous CS.

#73 NCJetsfan, Sep 14, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 14, 2017
    grkmanga31 likes this.
  14. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

Instead of double dipping at safety, might've been a better idea to try and address the pass rusher spot earlier in the draft. This was a deep draft for edge rushers.

oh wellz, Mauldin hopefully he catches on with a 4-3 team and plays with his hand in the dirt

15. Zach

Zach Well-Known Member

My guess is, if there was a good pass rusher within reach, they would have grabbed the kid.

16. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

not sure if he would have made the roster if he was healthy, no reason not to bring him back for camp next year. just won't expect much though

17. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

I wish him well,,,that said I said it before and here it is again our linebackers are awful !

18. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

Man am I glad we took him over Danielle Hunter. Injuries aside, Hunter had 0.5 less sacks his rookie year than Mauldin had in two years of run.

He had a heart warming story being in and out of 16 foster homes as a kid and this sucks for him. He was supposed to be this high character guy and ended up arrested and charged with misdemeanor assault after socking a 22 year old dude in the face. If convicted he could face a year in jail.

Another swing and a miss for Maccagnan. They sure keep adding up.

[​IMG]

19. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

Dalvin Cook was on the board too.

Zach Cunningham would've been a nice add to fix our inside linebacker mess as well, recording a solid amount of 11 tackles over two weeks with the Texans while he's not even playing every down.

Deshone Kizer looked poised vs. a solid Steelers defense in his debut at 20/30, 222 yard 1 TD/1 INT.

Alvin Kamara looked like an explosive stud with the Saints in his rookie debut.

Maye might end up being a player. But I was so pissed we passed up Dalvin Cook (top 10 talent) for him.

Hopefully we continue building our elite forcefield of defensive backs by taking Derwin James #2 overall next year.

101GangGreen101 likes this.
  20. NCJetsfan

I think they were gonna take Adams if he was there, but there were two pretty good pass-rushing prospects in the first round, Derek Barnett and TJ Watt. In the 2nd round, there was Tyus Bowser. In the 3rd round there was Jordan Willis. They had to have liked at least one of them, and they could probably have traded down and taken one of them in the 2nd or 3rd round. Vince Biegel and Carl Lawson went in the 4th round. I didn't like either, but there was also Ryan Anderson and Tim Williams from Alabama. None save maybe Barnett or Watt will likely be topnotch pass rushers, but at least one or two of them (and maybe more) would probably be better than anyone we've had since Abe.

I'm guessing that they thought the players they took instead were better players/better value.