Le'Veon Bell still holding out. Does Maccagnan push come 2019?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by DefenseWinsChampionships, Sep 3, 2018.

?

Le'Veon Bell an N.Y Jet come 2019?

1. Yes.

22.2%
  2. No.

66.7%
  3. Only if we're able to (also) land an outside/edge Pass Rusher through Free Agency.

11.1%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DefenseWinsChampionships

Bell refused to show up today.

Bell's agent, Adisa Bakari, released a statement and pointed out that this will now likely be his last year as a Steeler.

As of right now he's only 26 years of age and one of the top three greatest work horse offensive weapon within the entire league.

I absolutely love the thought of Le'Veon Bell coming out of the backfield alongside of Sam Darnold in green and white for the next 3-5 years.

While immediately creating for an NY offensive attack featuring an absolute dynamic duo of Sam Darnold and Le'Veon Bell as our 1-2 punch @ QB/RB along with a speed burner and future Pro-Bowl WR on the outside in deep threat Robby Anderson.

Draft a 1st Round and potential Franchise LT in order to protect Sam Darnold's blind side and/or a mauling road grader of a Center (If Kelvin Beachum @ LT returns to Pittsburgh Steelers form come 2018) and our offense is now prime while heading into Sam's second year.

Sign me up for the next 3-5 years and by that time; Sam Darnold will then be considered a seasoned veteran and prime for future success moving forward.

Some will say he'll be nothing more than a 27 year old RB come 2019 but I say it'll be the best offensive attack throughout a 3-5 year period of time in which our fan base erupts into offensive cloud nine status.

It's been a long time coming and dating back to since #28 Curtis Martin that we've featured an offensive playmaker quite like this one.

He's not on the verge of breaking down over night either, over the past two seasons (including postseason play) he's combined for...

And is the perfect Running Back for Northeast climate.

In the snow:

I'll take that type of offensive production and overall team impact (throughout the course of two seasons) for $20,000,000 per, over the likes of...

"21.5 sacks" for an average of 0.651 sacks per game.

I'll take Le'Veon Bell any given Sunday and twice come postseason play.

'Speaking of the playoffs'.

Can anyone show me any of his postseason impactful types of game changing plays? Because I can't and neither can Oakland...

When in comparison to that of Le'Veon Bell who come postseason play (see below):

Seeing is believing.

2019 Offseason:

FA: Le'Veon Bell.
    FA: Outside/Edge Pass Rusher .
    1st Round: Franchise LT.

#1 DefenseWinsChampionships, Sep 3, 2018
    Last edited: Sep 3, 2018
  2. DefenseWinsChampionships

Le'Veon Bell is no ordinary running back.

He's a rare breed of an NFL RB who absolutely dominates opposing defenses and and completely takes over football games.

• I've never seen his type of hesitation and patience behind the line of scrimmage before. Ever. Hes a generational back.

• His field vision is elite and his acceleration and explosiveness are both deadly.

• Unlike Curtis my favorite Martin, he possesses the acceleration and the top end speed needed in order to break off big time runs.

• His elusiveness and ability to shift/hop and change direction on the dime is pretty much second to none (outside of #20 Barry Sanders).

• He's got the combination of size, strength, power and toughness needed in order to hit the hole hard while keeping the chains moving (keeps your defense fresh on the sidelines) and he's a fearless runner on top of that (dude plays and runs with all out heart).

• He's truly the leagues best all around, all-purpose and 3-down back of an NFL work horse due to his proven ability as an RB in pass protection combined with his pass catching abilities once coming out of the backfield all while providing his Quarterback with an excellent check down option within the form of an A++ security blanket who can record you 80+ receptions any given season with receiver like precision too.

He's the ultimate offensive weapon at a skilled players position of need dating back to #28.

Sign me up.

#2 DefenseWinsChampionships, Sep 3, 2018
    Last edited: Sep 3, 2018
    Jetsruby likes this.
  3. forevercursed

forevercursed Well-Known Member

He is a special back. His patience and vision is incredible Very rare to see somebody that composed and calm looking for a hole and darting through it. But this will also be his 6th full season in the NFL. He's seen a lot of touches and taken a lot of abuse. Playoffs too. Bit wary in signing him if he starts the decline at 28. Look at Demarco Murray, Arian Foster, Jamaal Charles.

4. Quinnenthebeast

Quinnenthebeast Well-Known Member

Why are we the favorites to get him? I mean we aren’t stacked at RB, but it’s not like we’re crap either. I love Bell but this signing goes against what we are trying to do here. I still would regard pass rush and offensive line a bigger priority over a play maker RB/WR. I also feel that he will use us for one more paycheck before he slacks off like Holmes did.

5. nyjetsmets89

nyjetsmets89 Well-Known Member

You lost me at Robby Anderson future pro bowler. I guess the chase is on

rinvesto likes this.
  6. forevercursed

Doesn't take much to get on a Pro Bowl roster nowadays. Anderson can certainly make it. Not that it means much

7. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

My favorite part about Bell is that he is a Team First player.

8. Trainer

Trainer Well-Known Member

Didn't he already say that $60 mil wasn't enough to run with the Jets? Yeah, I want that guy. Nope.

ColoradoContrails and legler82 like this.
  9. DefenseWinsChampionships

He's a different type of back than those guys mentioned above though.

Murray & Foster's level of conditioning weren't within the same stratosphere as that of Le'Veon's and Jamal Charles was much smaller and not built outside of a change of pace back.

Some (most) NFL RB's just aren't built for it, but Le'Veon Bell (once on the football field) lives for this shit.

When I watch Bell, I see more of a Curtis Martin in his game in terms of the ways he's able to absorb contact and line up the very next play.

And Curtis Martin even at the age of 31 rushed for 371 attempts for 1,697 rushing yards (4.6 ypc), 12 rushing TD's along with another 41 receptions for 245 receiving yards and 2 TD receptions as both an All-Pro and Pro Bowl RB (2004) and eclipsed 1,942 Offensive Yards from Scrimmage and 14 Offensive TD's despite being 31 years old and in good shape.

And yes. You're 100% right.

He very well could break down. But then again, any player can.

But then again? He could just end up rushing us to the SB with Sam Darnold leading our offense under Center.

And it's a gamble that I'm willing to take too, and why not; especially once considering the fact that we've been an OFFENSIVELY STARVED franchise for far too long.

And it's not like I'm asking to keep him for 10 years.

I'm asking for 3-5 years (max) from ages 27-31 (currently 26) and by that time...

Sam Darnold will be a seasoned veteran and prime to lead his own offensive attack, no?

And I'd bet that the first 3-4 years of Le'Veon Bell in green and white, will bring our fan base much excitement and joy throughout.

That's good enough for me.

#9 DefenseWinsChampionships, Sep 3, 2018
    Last edited: Sep 4, 2018
  10. Jetsruby

Jetsruby Well-Known Member

Here's what I have taken away from watching Le'Veon Bell.

He's an incredibly patient runner

probably the most patient runner I have seen ever. He takes the handoff and waits at least 2 seconds before choosing a gap. He is the type of runner who, when paired with a good OL, can be the best back in the league. However, I fear what might happen to his play if he got paired with a terrible OL. If he waits 2 seconds, that's a TFL.

I don't think Le'Veon's running style fits this team. Our OL is complete trash right now and probably for the next year.

11. DefenseWinsChampionships

I can see see (or just have the feeling) that much of our fan base still overlooks Robby Anderson's athletic capabilities and/or underestimates his true untapped potential.

I'm just not one of them and below I'll explain (and show) why.

Well, I didn't really think that it would be all that fair to throw him into an All-Pro selection before he's first at least reached Pro Bowl status.

But hey, why not, why shouldn't I?

Robby Anderson without question flashed his potential during preseason play 3 years ago as only an undrafted rookie out of Temple, and with Bryce Petty as his Quarterback (of all QB's).

And he's carried it over into the regular season ever since, too.

There is just something about a speed burners speed after being born and raised in Florida. It's different.

I've mentioned it within the Fowler Jr. thread. It's this heat and humidity that they're able to run through without phase.

I mean, as a kid from Queens once I moved to Saint Petersburg, Florida I was instantly left amazed and blown away at how fast these H.S kids were. It's just unreal speed down here. I'm big into High School football because it's a feeding ground for elite athleticism.

I mean Jesus Christ this kid who's missing a limb in Shaquem Griffin from right here in St.Pete and same Lakewood High School as that of Dante Fowler Jr. just ran a 4.38 second 40-yard dash ala the fastest 40 time for an NFL Linebacker since the NFL has released official statistics. Deion Sanders says, hello.

Robby Anderson, without question, has that Florida blood oozing throughout his veins and DNA.

He's already been able to distinguish himself as one of the games most dangerous deep threats deep down field and he's just now only entering his 3rd year; and it's due to the combination of his length @ 6'3, lightning fast speed @ only 190 lbs and top notch leaping/ball ability once one on one.

I'll tell you what. You give this Robby Anderson kid a franchise caliber Quarterback and a live arm under center, along with a top of the line elite NFL running back in which opposing defenses and Safety's must game plan for and account for at all times?

And I'm sorry but Robby Anderson as a speed burner and deep threat then becomes an absolute living nightmare on the outside.

See for yourself (below) and be sure to pay attention to who his QB's were as well.

And then ask yourself how'd he look with an Aaron Rodgers or Tom Brady and/or any top tier Franchise QB for that matter?

Robby Anderson is one of my key reasons on why I'd love our Offensive attack under these scenarios with an offensive trio of...

QB: Sam Darnold.
    RB: Le'Veon Bell.
    WR: Robby Anderson.

The last time an NYJ trio on offense featured that much pure talent, was when? And, who was the trio? I'd have to say Pennington, Martin & Coles (yet, another Florida speed demon out of JAX).

12. DefenseWinsChampionships

O.k but who's to say that 2016's or last years 2017 O-Line is a finished product or our O-Line of the future?

If anything both of Sam Darnold and Le'Veon Bell would then force our front office to completely rebuild and Re-Vamp our entire offensive line over the next two offseasons and starting with a 2019 1st round O-Lineman too.

The state of our current offensive line is no reason to shy away from a Le'Veon Bell type of elite talent just as it wasn't enough to shy away from the drafting of Sam Darnold 3rd overall.

In life you miss every shot you don't take. And in life I'll never be scared of potential greatness.

#12 DefenseWinsChampionships, Sep 4, 2018
  13. forevercursed

If Darnold takes a big step forward this year and proves he's not the typical growing pains rookie QB, and if Adams can become the player we expected when we drafted him 6...then yea maybe we look at this team as ahead of schedule. You can sign a Bell, sign a pass rusher, draft another pass rusher and O-lineman in the draft and just open up that championship window a bit early. We do need explosiveness on offense no doubt

14. The Waterboy

The Waterboy Well-Known Member

Why is this crap in the Jets forum? PhiLLy Stacks looking for more attention? Jets haven't made any indication they would want Bell and Bell does not want the Jets.

15. Harpua

Harpua Well-Known Member

You've already turned the can we trade for Mack thread into this topic. Why must you continue to repeat the same inane arguments over and over.

jonnyd, dawinner127 and stinkyB like this.
  16. Big Cat

Big Cat Well-Known Member

Say the Steelers rescind the franchise tag tomorrow ala Panthers/Norman...

Do you make an offer?

17. GQMartin

GQMartin Go 'Cuse

No denying Bell’s talent.

Would love him at the right price, problem is, he doesn’t want to play for the right price.

18. GQMartin

GQMartin Go 'Cuse

You’d have to kick the tires.

But just like with the Mack situation, you’d have to immediately provide a record breaking contract ready for him to sign or he isn’t showing up.

19. jetophile

jetophile Bruce Coslet's Daughter

Word of the day: logorrhea. Now you all enjoy looking that one up. It's worth your time. I recommend dictionary.com for this one as it truly hits it out of the park. If it turns out that you're nothing but a bunch of lazy slobs, I guess I'll have to go do the devil's work and post the definition. Sigh. Kids today. No motivation.

I think the more relevant question is will I pick my underwear out of my buttcrack if I'm wearing ass creeping pants in 2019?

#19 jetophile, Sep 4, 2018
  20. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

Conditional 7th rounder at best.

Footballgod214 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.