LaMarr Woodley video footage

Discussion in 'Draft' started by The Uniform Bomber, Jan 12, 2007.

1. The Uniform Bomber

The Uniform Bomber Spivey's Agent

by now, it's no secret who i'm crusading for this draft. i just think he can be a game-changer coming off the edge.

there isn't much on youtube, but i found this video of Woodley footage. the creator did some really stupid, annoying stuff within the video (i.e. constant shots of wood, and Chris Tucker, etc), but there are some decent clips showcasing Woodley's abilites.

so for any of you who haven't seen him play, here you go:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2lXywtq6Wcw

cheers

2. jamesAngleton

jamesAngleton New Member

I'm with you! I think an OLB tandem of Woodley & Thomas would be devastating. In addition Hobson & Vilma on the inside would be pretty amazing. Add a legitimate DE/DT in the draft like Adam Carriker, Demarcus Tyler or Tim Crowder and watch the Vilma that we knew in the 4-3 emerge as a Teddy Bruschi in the 3-4. If we play our cards right this draft will be better than last years. This is what I am hoping for:

Pick 25 - Woodley
    Pick 38 - "Tank" Tyler
    Pick 58 - Aaron Ross

3rd Round - Aaron Sears

3. Beamen

Beamen New Member

Wow, I can honestly say that those were 3 of the most annoying minutes of my life..

4. hydro51

hydro51 New Member

gotta admit i wouldnt mind seeing woodley in green.. he is the kinda player u dream of in a 3-4 defense. look how easily he fights off blockers.

5. The Uniform Bomber

agree with all three posts.

he plays with an endless motor. and for being 260lbs, he's very fast to the ball and QB. with the proper front 3, he can take over on passing downs. not to mention, look how well he plays the run.

cheers

6. King Koopa

King Koopa Well-Known Member

I want Woodley, but also would love Okoye from Louisville as NT.....we have so many options with FA and our draft that we should wind up with a much better team overall no matter what direction we go in

#6 King Koopa, Jan 12, 2007
    Last edited: Jan 12, 2007
  7. The Uniform Bomber

if they're both sitting there at #25, the Front Office will have a tough tough decision to make.

i guess you have to look at it this way: if you have to pick either one, which type of player do you think you can get with the next 2-3 picks -- a clogging NT or a beastly pass-rusher?

if it were me, i don't think i could pass on Woodley because i think i could still find another solid NT for good value, whereas finding another guy like Woodley would be less likely.

cheers

8. The Predator

The Predator Active Member

My God that was annoying. What the hell is with the log cabin every 2.3 seconds? It was kinda funny with the "You got knocked the fuck out!!!" part though.

Anyways, There were definately some impressive plays in there, but I really don't like watching little 3 minute highlight clips that have only th ebest plays from like 3 years of playing. You could make a video like that for pretty much any player.

And if it came down to him and Okoye, I'd have to go with Okoye, because I'd rther stick with our linebackers we have now or get one in the second round and improve our line.
    I think that Okoye would improve our line and team more than Woodley would improve the backers

9. A.C.E.S

A.C.E.S New Member

I wouldn't mind seeing him here, but I do mind seeing that video again.

10. Vilmathegreat51

Vilmathegreat51 New Member

Woodley is the guy I want the most also.I would even trade up a few spots if we have to.This guy is perfect for our team and would make the entire defense better with his pressure.We need to get this guy.

11. dwalsh

dwalsh 2006 TGG.com Rookie of the Year Award Winner

12. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

I want Spencer as well. I don't like Woodley as far as him taking contain. If you watch him, most of his sacks are when he bullrushes the tackle, then slides to the inside. You really need someone off the edge in the 3-4, because if he loses contain, then the play is already going to be a good gain.

He'd be best off in a 4-3 defense, where he has swarming linebackers behind him, since he's not very good in space.

13. UncleTomNYJ

UncleTomNYJ Active Member

I couldnt agree more but mine life was cut short by only 30 seconds. What a shit highlight video!

14. The Uniform Bomber

i just checked out Anthony Spencer's scouting report and you guys are right -- he looks like he's got a lot of potential. i need to see him play more, but i don't know if i'd care between him and Woodley.

cheers

15. hydro51

hydro51 New Member

he played a hybrid system in college.. he will be fine in a 3-4 defense

16. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

No he didn't, he's played on his hand all his life. Not to mention that still doesn't defend my point that he will struggle in contain on the outside.

17. Vilmathegreat51

Vilmathegreat51 New Member

I don't think Woodley would have any trouble in a 3-4.