Lamar Jackson 2017 Games Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Draft' started by Big Cat, Sep 3, 2017.

1. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

My concern isn't about the "leash", but Allen's ability to withstand the loud chorus of questioning his ability, and comparisons to Hack. I'm sure you believe he can handle it, and really I haven't seen anything to make me believe he'll crack, BUT he is a human being, subject to emotions, and until he's subjected to the wrath of NY fans, we can't say for sure how he'll react.

I have to say that after hearing Simms' assessment, coupled with your own (and because of your past assessment of Mahomes), I'm warming to the idea of Allen.

2. NoodleArm

NoodleArm Well-Known Member

Here's links for Jackson's Pro Day:
    And for the follow-up interview:

After reviewing those, the needle doesn't move for me on Jackson. Based solely on talent and athletic ability, he's up there with Allen. His accuracy suffered because of his footwork, but he's clearly improved. Also, his receivers did him no favors at all. For me, the most information comes from the interview. Jackson is genuinely likable. He's a very polite, nice kid. And I mean it when I say a kid -- Jackson comes across as very young. He's not going to rub people the wrong way like Winston has. At the same time, he doesn't project the leadership qualities of a Luck. It's a fine line to walk, and not all nice guys QBs come out of college like Mariota and Bridgewater. As a leader, Jackson needs time to slow down his process, at least outwardly. The talent is evident, but when you hear him talk, he's going a million miles an hour. The eagerness is great, and it suggests that he's very coachable -- all good traits. If Jackson is to be successful, he's got to go somewhere he can get solid coaching and time to grow.

I'm afraid he'll get picked up by New England.

3. Rockinz

Rockinz Well-Known Member

This is 100% correct.

Best case they all get fired next year and we hire someone directly from the Andy Reid tree. Those guys know how to develop strong armed QBs

4. The Waterboy

The Waterboy Well-Known Member

2nd round?