Kendall likely to be our Center?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Jtuds, Mar 6, 2006.

1. Jtuds

Jtuds Active Member

http://www.nfl.com/teams/story/NYJ/9286247

This link says Kendall will likely be our Center. Theres a quote of Tannenbaum saying he showed versatility when he covered for Mawae last year. But doesn't he remember the Atlanta game where Kendall basically took responsibility for all the fumbled snaps Vinny had? The guy is a guard, leave him there. Draft a centre because there will be some good ones left in rounds 2 and 3. Would this mean that Goodwin will be a starter? Jones, Goodwin, Kendall, Moore and maybe Ferguson or Colledge or something? I dunno, Guard is his spot and he plays it well so leave him there and bring in someone who is a Center. If he did go to Center I would't mind taking Max Jeaan Gilles with the round 2 pick o replace Kendall at Guard.

Another thing on the Rumor Mill says the Jets have spoken to the Texans about trading up to the first pick and that it would be used on Leinart. If this happened I would lose faith in the Front Office. If Reggie Bush does not go first overall that team is run by retards. Anyways, the rumor was posted feb. 27 so a rumor is probably all it was....

2. xjets2002x

xjets2002x Active Member

It's going to be a matter of who the best available player is when we draft. If a guy like Mangold is still on the board then I don't see Kendall staying at center. I think they're just keeping options open.

-X-

3. dwalsh

dwalsh 2006 TGG.com Rookie of the Year Award Winner

Agree, i think we should draft Mangold with our 2nd round pick (#35 or 36, not sure)

LT = D'Brickashaw Fergerson
    LG = Adrian Jones
    C = Nick Mangold
    RG = Pete Kendall
    RT = ???????

4. SigmaXJet

SigmaXJet Active Member

kendall at center, we are doomed

5. e-x

e-x New Member

I believe kendall played center in arizona? I'm sure the bad snaps were his fault, but he also probably hadn't taken any snaps since Arizona at center.

6. IrishSteveZ

IrishSteveZ New Member

That makes no sense. Jones is a tackle, and our RG is Brandon Moore.

7. jaywade

jaywade Active Member

yeah. Jones played RT in his rookie year and parts of last year. If we get Brick Jones will be the RT, Moore the RG, ? at C, Kendell at LG, and Brick at LT. I think the Goodwin could be the starter at C or have him and a rookie battle it out.

8. I dont care for Kendall at Center. However he will do a good job of making line calls and being the leader upfront. W/ that said he is a much better Guard and is a short term answer at best when it comes to playing Center.

9. MikeSLTJ23

MikeSLTJ23 Well-Known Member

i really don't like the idea of moving jones away from a position that he was consistently getting better at when he couldnt cut it on the right side already. i would prefer him to stay there. i also don't really think brick is as athletic as everyone else thinks, and so i don't think he would be very good on the left side. i don't think he deserves to be picked at #4. if it were up to me, you gotta either trade down and get a bunch of picks or draft mario williams or aj hawk.