Julian Peterson to visit Fins (gulp)...

Discussion in 'National Football League' started by IneedJesus, Mar 16, 2006.

1. IneedJesus

IneedJesus New Member

Dolphins | Peterson to visit
    Thu, 16 Mar 2006 14:08:14 -0800

Greg A. Bedard, of the Palm Beach Post, reports free agent LB Julian Peterson (49ers) is expected to visit the Miami Dolphins Monday, March 20. (KFFL)

Man if that would be a great sign for the Dolphins if it went down. I would imagine that visit to be about how much Peterson wants and stuff.

I wouldnt expect a sign right away.

But still.

He is actually the "big" name player I want the Jets to get. He would be an sweet piece to the 3-4 if we are going there.

Probably out of our price range though.

2. UncleTomNYJ

UncleTomNYJ Active Member

I would love to have Julian Petersdon on the jets but we dont have the cap space or better yet like you said to steep for our team

3. PleaseWinSuperBowlJets

PleaseWinSuperBowlJets Active Member

ricky williams :finssuck: :hackett:

4. Tight

Tight Active Member

if we dont have cap space for him, how the hell does miami ? especially with the addition of culpeppers contract.

5. PoorChad

PoorChad New Member

Miami cut Gus Frerotte and restructured Kevin Carter around the same time Culpepper was signed. Also, to begin with the Dolphins were not in cap trouble since the new agreement was settled.

Julian Peterson would be a great fit in Miami. Zach Thomas had his career high in total tackles last year, and Channing Crowder seems to be a great linebacker in the making. Adding Peterson would be truly scary to whoever your QB and RB will be this year :beer:

Just read that Miami signed CB/S Renaldo Hill from the Oakland Raiders. Saban seems to be targeting his defense now that hes got his QB taken care of.

#5 PoorChad, Mar 16, 2006
    Last edited: Mar 17, 2006
  6. PinPointPenning10

PinPointPenning10 Well-Known Member

We HAD 14 mill in cap space and haven't signed any one but Kimo and Chatam, and they won't make 4 mill combined.

These are the guys we should be bringing in, Peterson would be a GREAT pickup, another outstanding 3-4 LB.

7. JHTJ

JHTJ New Member

No he's not. You guys have plenty of Cap Space. Not that it's good business but you've got enough space to sign Lavar and Julian if the FO wanted it.

8. ScotsJet

ScotsJet Active Member

I'd be wary of Peterson unless his contract is heavily incentive-based. He just didn't seem the same coming off his achilles injury. The words "Sam" and "Cowart" keep flashing up in the back of my mind.

9. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

THAT is someone who would worry me as an opposing fan. Hopefully they don't get him.

10. bigalxc

bigalxc Active Member

Peterson is defintely scares me. He is amazing talent

11. Hazardous Waters

I've seen that guy play in SF. He is a very underrated guy that, if he moves to Miami and gets in there with Zach, Jason, and that improving offense....

I'm sad to say it guys...look out for the dolphins.

12. DonnieIsTheKing

DonnieIsTheKing Active Member

NO NO NO!!

If there was ever a time to pull a Yankees/Red Sox move it's now. This guy is all-pro and an amazing LB and we need to get him away from Miami before he is playing against us twice a year.

13. Fleming

Fleming New Member

interesting analogy. Unfortunately, the Jets are MUCH closer to the Pirates than they are the Yankees.

14. Slobberknocker

Slobberknocker New Member

You guys can relax a little bit. The Seahawks are targeting him now, but the Hutchinson stranglehold has their nuts in a vice. A decision will have to be made soon whether it will be Lavar, Hutch or Peterson. They can have one, maybe two... but I think they want Ty Law as well. Talk about tricky moves with the Redskins! The Dolphins and Hawks are showing some signs of aggression here.

And are the 49ers a leaky boat, or what?

I loved the quote from Nolan as he was losing Lloyd and Carter to us. "It's strange being ranked 32nd on both sides of the ball and still have people come after your players."

Says it all right there...

15. kinghenry89

kinghenry89 New Member

The Dolphins are a scary, scary team. Thank god they have that **** up Culpepper at QB or I'd be calling them for a deep playoff run.